Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

13 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I definitely agree with all of that.  I think people made too much out of the injuries.  

The last four years for one reason or another he hasn’t completed a season. The funny thing here is we are making 11 (oops I guess 11 no more) out to be some Teflon guy, but the original thought was Derrick Henry is like just a few games from getting injured and the division is the Colts and that’s flat out a joke.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Nah he just left a very important playoff game, but I know when it comes to Warson Centz playoff games don’t matter. 

Concussions happen.  Do I need to bring the tweet back again ??

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

With that he once again doesn’t finish a season. On a side note Eli Manning played in 210 consecutive games so I guess concussion do not just happen to everyone now does it? 

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

With that he once again doesn’t finish a season. 

Mahomes left a playoff game with a concussion this year. The difference was, his team won without him, so his year didn't end.

4 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Mahomes left a playoff game with a concussion this year. The difference was, his team won without him, so his year didn't end.

Another failure by Howie Roseman.  Having a 40 year old back up QB as the best option.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Another failure by Howie Roseman.  Having a 40 year old back up QB as the best option.

A 43 year old just won another Super Bowl. 

19 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That's the only type of backup you can have to keeps Wentz's panties from getting in a ruffle.

16 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He is the exception, not the rule.

John Elway was 38 when he won his last Super Bowl. Payton Manning was 39. Earl Morrall was 38 and Johnny Unitas was 37. 

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

"He asked me very respectfully, and I just appreciated him for that.”

They’re already walking on eggshells around him because they know he has a fragile ego.

:ph34r:

:P

I'm hearing that he's demanded his own private film room, the fridge to be stocked with his favorite drinks and for there to be m&ms but the brown and green ones removed.  What a diva.

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

One guy threw 30 passes for 255 yards and a touchdown. The other guy threw 4 passes for three yards but yeah they’re the same. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

John Elway was 38 when he won his last Super Bowl. Payton Manning was 39. Earl Morrall was 38 and Johnny Unitas was 37. 

Are we really comparing hall of fame.legends to Mccown?

Manning was absolutely dog sheet that year.. 

51 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Are we really comparing hall of fame.legends to Mccown?

Manning was absolutely dog sheet that year.. 

1) We're only talking about age.

2) All but Morrall were the team's actual starter, so yeah ... We're comparing the age of a backup to the age of actual starters.

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

One guy threw 30 passes for 255 yards and a touchdown. The other guy threw 4 passes for three yards but yeah they’re the same. :rolleyes:

You're right. Wentz is a jerk for getting a concussion so early in a playoff game. He should have waited until the 2nd half. 

6 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

1) We're only talking about age.

2) All but Morrall were the team's actual starter, so yeah ... We're comparing the age of a backup to the age of actual starters.

You're right. Wentz is a jerk for getting a concussion so early in a playoff game. He should have waited until the 2nd half. 

Ok but if you suck as a QB at 23 you are going to suck even more at 40. Just because hall of fame.legends played well at 40 doesn't mean. A guy that always sucked is also going to play well at 40

14 hours ago, downundermike said:

He has not missed a regular season game.  Concussions happen, nothing you can do.

Is it churlish to point out that he was injured on a sack / TFL after holding the ball for a full 5 seconds for the kajillionth time in his career? 

If Wentz got the concussion because a free running pass rusher targetted his chin with the crown of his helmet a second after the snap that's an unavoidable concussion, getting a hit dirty or otherwise off Clowney as you decide to try and scramble 5 seconds after receiving the snap is very avoidable.

5 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Is it churlish to point out that he was injured on a sack / TFL after holding the ball for a full 5 seconds for the kajillionth time in his career? 

If Wentz got the concussion because a free running pass rusher targetted his chin with the crown of his helmet a second after the snap that's an unavoidable concussion, getting a hit dirty or otherwise off Clowney as you decide to try and scramble 5 seconds after receiving the snap is very avoidable.

:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ok but if you suck as a QB at 23 you are going to suck even more at 40. Just because hall of fame.legends played well at 40 doesn't mean. A guy that always sucked is also going to play well at 40

Earl Morrall spent most of his career as a backup QB. He played until he was 42. He is not in the HOF. If I want to compare players to other players and one (or some) of them are HOFers, I really don't care. There is no law stating that HOF players may not be used in comparisons to non-HOFers. For the record. McCown's NFL career isn't over as he is just entering coaching. For all we know, he could end up in the HOF some day as a player/coach. We don't know his story yet. As a backup in the NFL, he was solid. As a 40-year-old backup, he wasn't needed at all during the regular season. Thrust into playing in our playoff game without any preparation as a starter, he completed 75% of his passes and didn't turn the ball over while playing a large part of the game on a severely torn hamstring. 

2 hours ago, SBorBust said:

The worst thread in the history of the EMB just wont die.

Please, idk if this even makes the top 5.

3 hours ago, SBorBust said:

The worst thread in the history of the EMB just wont die.

Yup, love him or hate him, it's time to move on

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Uh, oh!  I wonder if the same people that claimed Malcolm only speaks the truth a few weeks ago will still support him now.

The funny thing is, that earlier quote from Jenkins was a knock on the coaches for not holding him accountable.

Archived