JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

Blah blah TL;DR.

End of 2019 all starting Wrs injured. Ward got more catches in less games. 

2020 he couldn't get on the field, had "injuries" and healthy scratch. Mid-round rookies and guys plucked from practice squads step in and make plays. 

The guy sucks.

Yep. I guess I would have been disappointed at this point had you actually tried to address my arguments. This whole football thing is so complicated. Go SPORTS!

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Yep. I guess I would have been disappointed at this point had you actually tried to address my arguments. This whole football thing is so complicated. Go SPORTS!

It’s crazy how deep you’re going into the JJAW rabbit hole. Seriously is he related to you, cause only family would defend this guy so much. You defend this guy more than any other player on this roster and he doesn’t even play. 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Cut the crap already.

You are not witty or impressive.

On 2/6/2021 at 5:20 PM, brkmsn said:

Unless we deal him in a surprising move, there's no reason why he shouldn't compete for a roster spot in 2021. I have a lot of of criticism for how the previous coaching staff handled the offense and decided the personnel for game day and in games. So many things didn't make sense. We know JJAW didn't get many snaps all season and the staff chose to use other players over him. That is the same staff that decided to get Jeffery back into the offense over Fulgham coming off an impressive 5-game stretch. 

My advice --- forget everything about 2020 and let this new staff figure out who they like and figure out how to get them to succeed. If JJAW wins a spot and gets playing time, hopefully he'll produce. If he can't win a spot, then let him go. 

We've discussed this elsewhere, Fulgham had a 5 game run of putting up yards when we were behind including decent showings in the second half down two scores against Baltimore and Pittsburgh, following that 5 game stretch and still getting 90% of Offensive Snaps (59 and 47 snaps) in 2 games against Cleveland and New York he caught 2 of 12 targets for 16 yards over those 2 games, Alshon Jeffery played 21 snaps total across those two games. Fulgham was a stop gap who stopped stopping gap.

After contemplating all of the relevant information regarding JJAW, I have come to the inescapable conclusion that he is a terrible NFL WR. Whoever thought otherwise, and had the authority to draft him, made a big mistake on that pick. The evaluation process used to arrive at that decision was tremendously flawed and should not be used unaltered ever again.

14 hours ago, DevilMayRage said:

Cut the crap already.

You are not witty or impressive.

I've said pretty much all I can say. People that disagree with me simply attack me or mock me. Nobody has really tried to offer a reasonable discussion. If you believe he's a bust, it's your prerogative. I'm not there yet. I didn't think Brandon Graham was a bust after 2 seasons ... or Lito Sheppard, or Randall Cunningham ... 

I'm going to wait and see how the new coaches feel about him as a prospect. This will be his 3rd year. It should be his last chance here ... but it's still a chance. 

On 2/18/2021 at 11:46 PM, brkmsn said:

I've said pretty much all I can say. People that disagree with me simply attack me or mock me. Nobody has really tried to offer a reasonable discussion. If you believe he's a bust, it's your prerogative. I'm not there yet. I didn't think Brandon Graham was a bust after 2 seasons ... or Lito Sheppard, or Randall Cunningham ... 

I'm going to wait and see how the new coaches feel about him as a prospect. This will be his 3rd year. It should be his last chance here ... but it's still a chance. 

You’re putting out full page articles on a 2nd round pick that’s caught 14 passes in two season. That’s not reasonable, but that’s simply ridiculous. To put this guy into perspective with Mack Hollins with the same HC and the same quarterback caught 20 passes and he’s not good either. Ultimately you’re saying the same thing all of us have been saying and that is he’s not very good.

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

You’re putting out full page articles on a 2nd round pick that’s caught 14 passes in two season. That’s not reasonable, but that’s simply ridiculous. To put this guy into perspective with Mack Hollins with the same HC and the same quarterback caught 20 passes and he’s not good either. Ultimately you’re saying the same thing all of us have been saying and that is he’s not very good.

Both that HC and that QB are gone. As of right now, our starting QB is Hurts. Hurts and JJAW had one game together and it happened to be JJAW's most productive game and he was our most productive receiver in the game. 

I have acknowledged it and I believe you have as well, that Hurts spreads the ball around better than Wentz. So that is a point in favor of every WR on the team since we're dealing with a team that over the last 2 seasons has only produced a top WR performance of 539 yards. 

If you want to be disappointed that a 2nd round pick hasn't produced in his 1st 2 years, you have my support. It is disappointing. But to heap all the reasons on him is where we disagree. IMO, what is ridiculous is to not give him a chance to prove that Doug was wrong about not dressing him and Wentz was wrong for not going his way with the ball when he did play. Maybe both guys were right --- but chances are that they'd both still be here if they were doing things right. Sirianni has a reputation for designing his offense around his players' strengths. He is known to value WRs that can block and JJAW fits the description. I don't mind that you have zero confidence in the kid. But everybody under contract deserves a chance to make this team. 

https://section215.com/2021/01/29/philadelphia-eagles-arcega-whiteside-sirianni/

https://insidetheiggles.com/2021/01/01/arcega-whiteside-philadelphia-eagles/

https://phillysportsnetwork.com/2021/02/02/nick-sirianni-jjaw/

10 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Both that HC and that QB are gone. As of right now, our starting QB is Hurts. Hurts and JJAW had one game together and it happened to be JJAW's most productive game and he was our most productive receiver in the game. 

I have acknowledged it and I believe you have as well, that Hurts spreads the ball around better than Wentz. So that is a point in favor of every WR on the team since we're dealing with a team that over the last 2 seasons has only produced a top WR performance of 539 yards. 

If you want to be disappointed that a 2nd round pick hasn't produced in his 1st 2 years, you have my support. It is disappointing. But to heap all the reasons on him is where we disagree. IMO, what is ridiculous is to not give him a chance to prove that Doug was wrong about not dressing him and Wentz was wrong for not going his way with the ball when he did play. Maybe both guys were right --- but chances are that they'd both still be here if they were doing things right. Sirianni has a reputation for designing his offense around his players' strengths. He is known to value WRs that can block and JJAW fits the description. I don't mind that you have zero confidence in the kid. But everybody under contract deserves a chance to make this team. 

https://section215.com/2021/01/29/philadelphia-eagles-arcega-whiteside-sirianni/

This isn’t a personal attack, you seem like a good enough dude, but I feel like you’re kind of the definition of a homer. There’s no other explanation for constantly defending such a bad player, and come to think of it I don’t think I can recall ever seeing you be critical of ANY player on this team. 

11 minutes ago, nipples said:

This isn’t a personal attack, you seem like a good enough dude, but I feel like you’re kind of the definition of a homer. There’s no other explanation for constantly defending such a bad player, and come to think of it I don’t think I can recall ever seeing you be critical of ANY player on this team. 

I am critical, I just try not to overreact. I overreact (live) during the games and usually wait until I've calmed down to post. That's why I don't post in GDTs. 

I will always believe in the "3-years-to-evaluate" rule of thumb. Now, since you're being reasonable, I'd like to ask you what JJAW did wrong in week 17 that supports your take that he's "such a bad player" ?  I saw a guy that when given an opportunity, took advantage of it. A lot of people that were down on Wentz, are claiming Hurts played better or way better and are making a similar claim about his opportunity over the last 4 games. 

6 hours ago, brkmsn said:

He’s going to get a chance. It’s a very small one though. For the record I hope you’re right about JJAW, but really after two seasons of subpar football it is not an overreaction by anyone to have serious doubts JJAW can play in the NFL. What to me is an overreaction is how people have deemed Hurts a failure already or people claiming him the next big thing. 

44 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He’s going to get a chance. It’s a very small one though. For the record I hope you’re right about JJAW, but really after two seasons of subpar football it is not an overreaction by anyone to have serious doubts JJAW can play in the NFL. What to me is an overreaction is how people have deemed Hurts a failure already or people claiming him the next big thing. 

Keep in mind that I still haven't ever claimed that JJAW is good. I simply don't think we've discovered yet if he is good or bad. We have established that he hasn't produced what a 2nd rd pick should and that the 1st 2 years of his career have been disappointing. So to be fair, I'm not sure what I can even be "right" about. I'm just willing to let him compete. 

I agree about Hurts. The young man has shown some potential. It's still a small sample size, but we can win games with him starting. We just don't know how good he's going to be. At least the investment is a lot less than what we invested in Wentz and we have time to evaluate him and what he can do. Figuring he's currently our starter, if he somehow fails in 2021, it won't change the general expectations people have for this team and we will most likely be picking early again next year (if Hurts fails) and in good position to find our future QB. 

2020 was a bad year. Not just for football, but in general. People are generally anxious and sick of bad stuff. Probably nobody wants to hear it, but as Eagles fans, we just have to be patient. Let's find out what these players can do. Hopefully we get a good draft class and have fewer injuries than the past couple years. I want to see what the new coaches can get out of the team. Doug just didn't seem to have his heart in it last season. He was ... different.

On 2/18/2021 at 11:51 AM, PoconoDon said:

After contemplating all of the relevant information regarding JJAW, I have come to the inescapable conclusion that he is a terrible NFL WR. Whoever thought otherwise, and had the authority to draft him, made a big mistake on that pick. The evaluation process used to arrive at that decision was tremendously flawed and should not be used unaltered ever again.

A 2nd round pick and Howie is still in charge of the draft, this is why I find it laughable when I see posts claiming Lurie a good owner.

There's no way in hell a good owner keeps an incompetent employee at the most important position of their business, to me that makes Lurie a horrible owner.

2 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

A 2nd round pick and Howie is still in charge of the draft, this is why I find it laughable when I see posts claiming Lurie a good owner.

There's no way in hell a good owner keeps an incompetent employee at the most important position of their business, to me that makes Lurie a horrible owner.

Won a SB not long ago. 6th most wins in 20 years in the NFL. Here, have a tissue. :whistle:

25 minutes ago, Infam said:

Won a SB not long ago. 6th most wins in 20 years in the NFL. Here, have a tissue. :whistle:

So this justifies Howie as the GM?

6 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

So this justifies Howie as the GM?

I think he deserves this rebuild. If he fails, like, by drafting a QB in the first... different story.

1 minute ago, Infam said:

I think he deserves this rebuild. If he fails, like, by drafting a QB in the first... different story.

If you want to get a clear picture of Howie's performance, just read this article, you'll read stuff like "bottom 5-10 teams in the league".

6 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

If you want to get a clear picture of Howie's performance, just read this article, you'll read stuff like "bottom 5-10 teams in the league".

A "clear picture" from BLG. The biggest hater idiot in the whole philly media. He was negative on pretty much everything.

6 minutes ago, Infam said:

A "clear picture" from BLG. The biggest hater idiot in the whole philly media. He was negative on pretty much everything.

On this board, all too often a "hater" is simply someone who disagrees with someone else. 

On 2/20/2021 at 10:32 AM, brkmsn said:

I'd like to ask you what JJAW did wrong in week 17 that supports your take that he's "such a bad player" ?  

Week 17, aka garbage time......get real.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

On this board, all too often a "hater" is simply someone who disagrees with someone else. 

Nah, this guy has been so negative about everything for months, you'd think he's a Cowboys fan.

5 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Week 17, aka garbage time......get real.

Okay. The WFTs were playing to win and make the playoffs and the earth is round. 

32 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Okay. The WFTs were playing to win and make the playoffs and the earth is round. 

Garbage time for the Eagles, that's the only reason he was on the field and your reasoning is faulty or more than likely even non-existent.

16 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Garbage time for the Eagles, that's the only reason he was on the field and your reasoning is faulty or more than likely even non-existent.

Garbage time is usually when the other team has a huge lead and is playing prevent or resting their starters. Washington was playing their starters and trying to win so they, not NYG, would go to the playoffs. You can't just change the rules to win an argument. Sorry. 

You don't have to like JJAW and I don't care if you don't. I just know that he was given a chance to play and played well in our final game. If that bothers you, then I think it's funny. 

Archived