JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

11 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I do agree, actually.  The time to be distressed about JJAW was when they thought he was worth a 2nd round pick...when they thought a 2 TE offense should also have a slow possession WR...when they had him on the field all game long just blocking.

Now, they know what they have in him (more accurately, what they don't have).  He's just a back of the roster WR who will not see the field on offense and will try hard on ST.  He's actually fine for that.  I trust that he's better for that job than Hightower and Fulgham.

B-b-b-b-b-b-ut that kills all the fun of:

tumblr_n7wkxvazCD1s1pfwoo1_500-1.gif

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

Tells you just how bad the WR group is.  Hopefully Smith is great, Reagor so far seems like a JAG and the rest are garbage.

Is this what we are going to do with every rookie WR now? If the don't put up all pro numbers like Jefferson he's a JAG? Well not you but, I'm sure a lot of people in here will. 

19 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Is this what we are going to do with every rookie WR now? If the don't put up all pro numbers like Jefferson he's a JAG? Well not you but, I'm sure a lot of people in here will. 

It really depends on whether or not you want people to like your posts, or want them to choose "confused." Anything from a neutral to optimistic stance will generate "confused" feedback. Pessimism is the best bet for getting likes.

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Tells you just how bad the WR group is.  Hopefully Smith is great, Reagor so far seems like a JAG and the rest are garbage.

Watkins looks to have potential.  

Even though I was one of those that really wanted Jefferson and picking Reagor pissed me off, I have a hard time making an evaluation on any player last year because of how much of a flustercluck the entire team was (including coaching staff) so I feel we have to give him more time to judge.  

Just now, time2rock said:

Even though I was one of those that really wanted Jefferson and picking Reagor pissed me off, I have a hard time making an evaluation on any player last year because of how much of a flustercluck the entire team was (including coaching staff) so I feel we have to give him more time to judge.  

I'm still a fan of Reagor I think he makes some big plays this year. He looks more fluid and deliberate in his movements from the little I've seen of course. I understand people that wanted Jefferson are even more pissed but I liked the Reagor pick and I don't think Jefferson is an all pro here his rookie year so I guess that's my way to make myself fell better about it lol. Maybe Jefferson puts up better numbers but nothing like that 

44 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I'll verify this. However, the number of people that "really wanted Jefferson" magically increased 10-fold during last season. It's kind of comical. 

43 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm still a fan of Reagor I think he makes some big plays this year. He looks more fluid and deliberate in his movements from the little I've seen of course. I understand people that wanted Jefferson are even more pissed but I liked the Reagor pick and I don't think Jefferson is an all pro here his rookie year so I guess that's my way to make myself fell better about it lol. Maybe Jefferson puts up better numbers but nothing like that 

Doug and the rest of the coaching staff barely tried at all to get Reagor the ball in space. Jefferson and Reagor are two completely different types of WRs. One was put into a position to succeed and did. The other was mostly misused in a sputtering offense. Sirianni is a WR guy. As a coach, his philosophy to feature player strengths. If Reagor is to become a great WR, it will happen under Sirianni. If we don't see improvement this season from Reagor, then fans should start worrying. 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I said "seems."

Last year every WR had all the opportunity in the world to make an impact, with 2 good TEs and a good RB on offense. Fulgham had that brief stint, otherwise they were terrible. 

Reagor as a 1st round pick when they had other needs and good defenders on the board, the expectations were a little higher. I get players need to develop. But Desean Jackson and Maclin made instant impact as rookies, so did Celek and Ertz. We see WRs around the league play great as rookies.

Smith has a better chance given his pedigree, and that should make Reagor better. But Reagor doesn't look like anything special so far.

17 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I said "seems."

Last year every WR had all the opportunity in the world to make an impact, with 2 good TEs and a good RB on offense. Fulgham had that brief stint, otherwise they were terrible. 

Reagor as a 1st round pick when they had other needs and good defenders on the board, the expectations were a little higher. I get players need to develop. But Desean Jackson and Maclin made instant impact as rookies, so did Celek and Ertz. We see WRs around the league play great as rookies.

Smith has a better chance given his pedigree, and that should make Reagor better. But Reagor doesn't look like anything special so far.

Just keep a few things in mind:

Reagor was brought in to become our Z receiver after Jackson's stint ended. Not many people would beat out a healthy D Jax. In an attempt to get him more field experience, the coaching staff moved him to X to fill in there while Jeffery was working to return. While he was learning X, he suffered the camp injury and missed some important practices since it was already an abbreviated "pre" season. He managed to return early only to get an injury that forced him to miss 5 games. Upon his return, Fulgham had assumed the X duties until Jeffery returned, so the team moved Reagor back to Y.  On top of all that, the injury-plagued offense was a mess and the franchise QB was about to be replaced. Did the coaching staff do anything to help Reagor succeed as a rookie?

My advice is just forget about 2020. It seemed like nobody could do anything right. Maybe it was contagious.

33 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Just keep a few things in mind:

Reagor was brought in to become our Z receiver after Jackson's stint ended. Not many people would beat out a healthy D Jax. In an attempt to get him more field experience, the coaching staff moved him to X to fill in there while Jeffery was working to return. While he was learning X, he suffered the camp injury and missed some important practices since it was already an abbreviated "pre" season. He managed to return early only to get an injury that forced him to miss 5 games. Upon his return, Fulgham had assumed the X duties until Jeffery returned, so the team moved Reagor back to Y.  On top of all that, the injury-plagued offense was a mess and the franchise QB was about to be replaced. Did the coaching staff do anything to help Reagor succeed as a rookie?

My advice is just forget about 2020. It seemed like nobody could do anything right. Maybe it was contagious.

All valid points. New coaching staff, new opportunity. I really hope Smith and Reagor can be a dynamic duo, with Hurts, Goedert and Sanders. Decent group there. But so far they've accomplished nothing and it's all potential so hopefully Siri can put this together 

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I said "seems."

Yes it's trending that way but that doesn't mean they are all gonna have a rookie year like that. I think smith is gonna flop so there is that. 

I sure as hell am not going to base a rookie year and what he has and doesn't have playing with that train wreck of a QB and coaching staff. 

It's a bit easier to have a good rookie year when you have a solid coaching staff and a good QB they had none of that last year. 

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Doug and the rest of the coaching staff barely tried at all to get Reagor the ball in space. Jefferson and Reagor are two completely different types of WRs. One was put into a position to succeed and did. The other was mostly misused in a sputtering offense. Sirianni is a WR guy. As a coach, his philosophy to feature player strengths. If Reagor is to become a great WR, it will happen under Sirianni. If we don't see improvement this season from Reagor, then fans should start worrying. 

Well so far he looks to be running more crisp routes and Nick keeps beating the importance of route running into their heads. If he  runs good routes and the game slows down for him he can start using his speed and quickness more efficiently. 

I think him and Smith  will flourish on broken plays when jalen breaks the pocket and gets it to them streaking in open space

On 9/1/2021 at 8:38 PM, brkmsn said:

I'll verify this. However, the number of people that "really wanted Jefferson" magically increased 10-fold during last season. It's kind of comical. 

The irony of it all is the Eagles claimed they didn’t draft Jefferson was due to him in their eyes being only a slot guy, and now a year later that’s exactly where they’re planning to play Reagor. 

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The irony of it all is the Eagles claimed they didn’t draft Jefferson was due to him in their eyes being only a slot guy, and now a year later that’s exactly where they’re planning to play Reagor. 

People look at slot like it's a bad thing. It's not you can get a ton of mismatches from the slot.

Only reason it sounds like a death sentence to us is cause our slot receivers are always slow barely average " Ward and Avant" or guys drafted to be on the outside and shouldn't be there and end up as a 1st round bust in the slot making them just a disappointment and trying to get something out of them." Agholor and Mitchell"

Now that I put that down here yes that's exactly why we think the slot position is a death sentence cause the coaches we get keep making it one. 

22 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Eagles drafted Reagor to eventually replace DJax. But he was never viewed as a DJax clone. They were looking for a Tyreek Hill clone. Hill has a lot of success from the slot, but gets moved all around. Under Sirianni, it sounds like all the WRs will move around. Hopefully, Reagor becomes a big-play threat for us. I don't really care where they line him up. 

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/06/kansas-city-chiefs-tyreek-hill-first-touchdown-wire-2021-slot-receiver-rankings/

On 9/1/2021 at 8:38 PM, brkmsn said:

Yea nobody is consistent.  I love to point out when I’m right, but I admit I really did NOT want Jefferson.

Looked to me like a typical eagle draft pick…high on ncaa production, light on explosive talent, fits well in the slot.  

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

The Eagles drafted Reagor to eventually replace DJax. But he was never viewed as a DJax clone. They were looking for a Tyreek Hill clone. Hill has a lot of success from the slot, but gets moved all around. Under Sirianni, it sounds like all the WRs will move around. Hopefully, Reagor becomes a big-play threat for us. I don't really care where they line him up. 

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/06/kansas-city-chiefs-tyreek-hill-first-touchdown-wire-2021-slot-receiver-rankings/

I don’t think Reagor was ever considered that fast. I don’t even think he ran a 40. In any case that dude has a lot to prove this season and he didn’t exactly start the season off with a bang. 

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

People look at slot like it's a bad thing. It's not you can get a ton of mismatches from the slot.

Only reason it sounds like a death sentence to us is cause our slot receivers are always slow barely average " Ward and Avant" or guys drafted to be on the outside and shouldn't be there and end up as a 1st round bust in the slot making them just a disappointment and trying to get something out of them." Agholor and Mitchell"

Now that I put that down here yes that's exactly why we think the slot position is a death sentence cause the coaches we get keep making it one. 

Well Reagor being in the slot basically says he failed at what they tried to do with him similar to Agholor. Let’s hope he can step up and deliver this year. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t think Reagor was ever considered that fast. I don’t even think he ran a 40. In any case that dude has a lot to prove this season and he didn’t exactly start the season off with a bang. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2886121-video-jalen-reagor-runs-unofficial-422-second-40-at-virtual-nfl-draft-pro-day

On 9/2/2021 at 12:27 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

There's an ocean of acceptability between what Jefferson did and what Reagor did,  you hope your rookie receiver puts up Jefferson numbers, but if he'd had say a Tee Higgins rookie year shade over 900yards 6 TD's that would've been awesome, a Brandon Aiyuk 700yds and 6 TD's would've been great or hell even a Laviska Shenault 600 yards and 5 TD's would've been good, those are just the rookies off the top of my head who were picked after Reagor who's starting QB was benched or placed on IR last season (to remove the 'but QB play' defense)

What Reagor did was less than 400 yards and 1TD, whatever way you slice it, that's a bum season for a first round receiver, Howie in deep drafts is just a jonah, the guy could fall into a barrel full of boobs and come out sucking his own thumb.

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

There's an ocean of acceptability between what Jefferson did and what Reagor did,  you hope your rookie receiver puts up Jefferson numbers, but if he'd had say a Tee Higgins rookie year shade over 900yards 6 TD's that would've been awesome, a Brandon Aiyuk 700yds and 6 TD's would've been great or hell even a Laviska Shenault 600 yards and 5 TD's would've been good, those are just the rookies off the top of my head who were picked after Reagor who's starting QB was benched or placed on IR last season (to remove the 'but QB play' defense)

What Reagor did was less than 400 yards and 1TD, whatever way you slice it, that's a bum season for a first round receiver, Howie in deep drafts is just a jonah, the guy could fall into a barrel full of boobs and come out sucking his own thumb.

Well.based after last year's train wreck it's really hard to judge anyone. Especially a rookie on a team that has been known to be failures at development of wide receivers

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well Reagor being in the slot basically says he failed at what they tried to do with him similar to Agholor. Let’s hope he can step up and deliver this year. 

I'm not judging any rookie based off of last year's train wreck. This is a new coaching staff that is known to be hard on receivers and getting the most out of them

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not judging any rookie based off of last year's train wreck. This is a new coaching staff that is known to be hard on receivers and getting the most out of them

The bigger failure is their evaluation than the player, but if they drafted him to be one thing and he can’t do that thing mistakes were obviously made. 

Archived