Board technical issues

Moderator12

6 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Twitter videos aren't playing again on PC(new edge)

If you find one that isn't playing, quote it here and I'll see if it works for me... plus, if need be, I can direct someone from Invision to this thread for it. 

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If you find one that isn't playing, quote it here and I'll see if it works for me... plus, if need be, I can direct someone from Invision to this thread for it. 

I can get more from the same thread if you want. This just happened to be the most recent

12 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Good speech but damn he could have at least practiced it more. He seemed bored

8 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I can get more from the same thread if you want. This just happened to be the most recent

Worked for me on Chrome and Edge. Not on IE, but Tweets on my IE never worked right anyway (even on the old EMB). Didn't play on Firefox, but I'm doing stuff in a Firefox browser and want to wait until that's done, then restart Firefox and try it. 

So it seems Browser specific, maybe even version specific. 

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Worked for me on Chrome and Edge. Not on IE, but Tweets on my IE never worked right anyway (even on the old EMB). Didn't play on Firefox, but I'm doing stuff in a Firefox browser and want to wait until that's done, then restart Firefox and try it. 

So it seems Browser specific, maybe even version specific. 

Microsoft Edge is up to date.Version 83.0.478.37 (Official build) (64-bit)

37 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Mine is up to date too, but there appears to be two versions. One that came with Windows 10 and another version that's based on Chrome. I have the Windows 10 version. 

52 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Didn't play on Firefox, but I'm doing stuff in a Firefox browser and want to wait until that's done, then restart Firefox and try it. 

My Firefox is up to date. So I don't know why that's not playing the video. I'll check with Invision and see if they have any ideas.

27 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Mine is up to date too, but there appears to be two versions. One that came with Windows 10 and another version that's based on Chrome. I have the Windows 10 version. 

Mines based on Chrome. But if it's based on Chrome then shouldn't it work?

Microsoft Edge

This browser is made possible by the Chromium open source project and other open source software.

Microsoft Edge

© 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Terms of use - Privacy statement - Microsoft services agreement

On 5/29/2020 at 7:40 PM, Mike030270 said:

Mines based on Chrome. But if it's based on Chrome then shouldn't it work?

Microsoft Edge

This browser is made possible by the Chromium open source project and other open source software.

Microsoft Edge

© 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Terms of use - Privacy statement - Microsoft services agreement

Invision has a forum for clients and one of the sub-forums is for asking for help from other forum owners. So I asked if anyone else was having this issue. One person said yes, another asked some more specific questions and then posted a Twitter video as a test (they use the same forum software over there, of course). The video wouldn't play for me on Chrome. It did on all other browsers (other than IE, of course). I then tried it on Chrome again, in a new tab, and it ran.

Try this, try to play this video (below) which is the same video that he posted and if it doesn't play then open a new tab (or refresh the current one) and try it again and see if it plays. If you have some other browsers (Chrome, Firefox or some others), try it on those and see what happens. If it doesn't play and gives you some sort of error response, grab a screen shot of it and post it and I'll pass that along and see if we can track down why this is happening.

I get this when I click on the play icon

image.png.e8aa78b0cf1912e72406f24e514ec120.png

If I click outside the grey area a new tab will open with the twitter site with the tweet and it will play on first click

12 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I get this when I click on the play icon

image.png.e8aa78b0cf1912e72406f24e514ec120.png

If I click outside the grey area a new tab will open with the twitter site with the tweet and it will play on first click

If you then open this thread in a new tab, will the video play here or does it still give you that error?

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If you then open this thread in a new tab, will the video play here or does it still give you that error?

I opened the last post up in a new tab and in private browsing. Still didn't play in new tab but it played in private browsing

11 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I opened the last post up in a new tab and in private browsing. Still didn't play in new tab but it played in private browsing

It may be something in your cache or cookies that's preventing it from playing in a normal tab. If you feel like clearing cookies and your cache, you can try that but that will log you out of everything that your cookies have you logged into and that can be a pain. So if you don't feel like going through that, don't bother.

But the fact that it plays in a private browser makes me lean in that direction. 

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It may be something in your cache or cookies that's preventing it from playing in a normal tab. If you feel like clearing cookies and your cache, you can try that but that will log you out of everything that your cookies have you logged into and that can be a pain. So if you don't feel like going through that, don't bother.

But the fact that it plays in a private browser makes me lean in that direction. 

I'll do that tonight and report back

• Like 1

Just an FYI, I posted earlier about the twitter videos turning to a blank space. The issue has resolved for me and all embedded twitter vids are behaving normally on my Dell laptop.  Firefox on Win 10.

Whatever was done, Thank you.

20 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

Whatever was done, Thank you.

On 6/1/2020 at 2:10 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I cleared cache and cookies and it looks like that did it. Figures it was something as simple as that lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I cleared cache and cookies and it looks like that did it. Figures it was something as simple as that lol

I'm glad that's what it was. Nobody at Invision had any clue lol

not a bug...and maybe it's been mentioned...but we used to be able to click where it lists the number of replies to a given thread, & it would show us who replied & how many replies they made to that thread. is that option still a thing?  

40 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

not a bug...and maybe it's been mentioned...but we used to be able to click where it lists the number of replies to a given thread, & it would show us who replied & how many replies they made to that thread. is that option still a thing?  

I never knew about this lol

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

Invision did away with it a few years ago. As far as I know, there's no way to get that back but I can ask around (the Invision client boards), and see. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I never knew about this lol

yes. i used it back in the day to make fun of folks who would start threads & then wind up making most of the replies to their own thread. :whistle:

:lol: 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

yes. i used it back in the day to make fun of folks who would start threads & then wind up making most of the replies to their own thread. :whistle:

:lol: 

I did too... or if someone ridiculed someone (me) for posting so many times in a particular thread... only to show that he/she had actually posted in the thread 10 or 20 times more than anyone else lol. 

• Haha 1