Board technical issues

Moderator12

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

just tried to edit my previous post. wouldnt let me. same message. 

poop

I was able to edit the one above this one though.

I really think the issue occurs if someone responds after you post. Seems once there is a response in the thread you can not go back and edit. 

That shouldn't be happening, and wasn't happening before a couple of days ago. So I've put in a support ticket to see what the solution is.

56 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That shouldn't be happening, and wasn't happening before a couple of days ago. So I've put in a support ticket to see what the solution is.

well, wtf. This time I was alble to go back and edit that post again even though youve now responded. My theory is shot. 

6 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

well, wtf. This time I was alble to go back and edit that post again even though youve now responded. My theory is shot. 

I don't know, it's kind of intermittent. Sometimes I get that same error, sometimes I don't...

30 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

WTH are you two doing?  Everytime you link the opening post of the blog I get a notification.   

Well,  there's covid, and then there's important issues like fixing bugs on the EMB. Heros are at work here. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Well,  there's covid, and then there's important issues like fixing bugs on the EMB. Heros are at work here. 

What's frustrating about it is how it does it, then all of the sudden, it stops. So if I have Invision take a look and everything's working normally, they see nothing to trouble shoot. 

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

What's frustrating about it is how it does it, then all of the sudden, it stops. So if I have Invision take a look and everything's working normally, they see nothing to trouble shoot. 

Just like how your vehicle never makes the same odd sound for the mechanic. 

Has anyone else gotten an XSS warning from GoDaddy when they try to edit their own topic?

1 hour ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Has anyone else gotten an XSS warning from GoDaddy when they try to edit their own topic?

Is it a 'Blocked!' type warning?

Is it a 'Blocked!' type warning?

It's this. I get it on any device, even with my phone using 4G.

2020-05-22.thumb.png.0868d8d9eaadfe8b3c77b39f38f2a7b2.png

20 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

It's this. I get it on any device, even with my phone using 4G.

Ok, I've been talking to GoDaddy about all of these issues that their firewall service is causing. If they can't fix it, I'll make them remove the service. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Ok, I've been talking to GoDaddy about all of these issues that their firewall service is causing. If they can't fix it, I'll make them remove the service. 

Would you be looking for a different security service then?

32 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Would you be looking for a different security service then?

These guys can handle it. 

image.jpeg.c0ba643cc47ee14cb30b9df7cb1497fe.jpeg

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

These guys can handle it. 

I figure the biggest thing would be DDoS attacks

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I figure the biggest thing would be DDoS attacks

That's a concern, of course, but if the firewall makes 'breaks' the board, then the 'cure' is almost as bad as the disease. I'm sure there's some settings that they have to tweak so that we don't have to just get rid of it altogether. 

Not sure if it’s a bug, but once in a while I’ll try to edit a post right after posting (correcting grammar, etc) and I get this message...

A9AFAFE1-674D-4A79-8F3B-A096204BBABD.png

2 hours ago, hey suess said:

Not sure if it’s a bug, but once in a while I’ll try to edit a post right after posting (correcting grammar, etc) and I get this message...

If you know which post that you got that on, try this... go down to the very bottom of the board and click 'Theme', switch to the generic Invision theme and then try to edit that post and see if that makes a difference. I don't think it will, but that's one thing that Invision asked me to do when this comes up. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that it's related to the firewall, though. 

7 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If you know which post that you got that on, try this... go down to the very bottom of the board and click 'Theme', switch to the generic Invision theme and then try to edit that post and see if that makes a difference. I don't think it will, but that's one thing that Invision asked me to do when this comes up. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that it's related to the firewall, though. 

No sir. Did not work. Odd thing...so I was able to edit a post in the same thread just after that one.

7 hours ago, hey suess said:

No sir. Did not work. Odd thing...so I was able to edit a post in the same thread just after that one.

I got a message from the GoDaddy security team, they saw where things were being blocked and adjusted some things. Try to edit that post now and see if you still get blocked. 

On 5/21/2020 at 7:38 PM, HazletonEagle said:

On 5/22/2020 at 11:17 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

On 5/22/2020 at 8:23 PM, hey suess said:

Any further issues? GoDaddy tweaked some settings, so let me know if you still have issues. Also, for the problem where you can't edit comments, give me the specific link where that happens. Invision wants to look at it and see what's going on. 

• Like 1

Any further issues? GoDaddy tweaked some settings, so let me know if you still have issues. Also, for the problem where you can't edit comments, give me the specific link where that happens. Invision wants to look at it and see what's going on. 

I was able to edit the post today.

Is this what you mean by "specific link”?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was able to edit the that topic just now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hey suess said:

I was able to edit the post today.

Is this what you mean by "specific link”?

For the specific link, I would mean the exact post that you try to edit, but can't. 

19 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I was able to edit the that topic just now.

Let me know if it happens again.

So last night on my iPad I was seeing ads at the top of the page. Today on my phone nothing. Any reason for the difference? I want to get as many clicks as possible for the ad revenue 

3 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

So last night on my iPad I was seeing ads at the top of the page. Today on my phone nothing. Any reason for the difference? I want to get as many clicks as possible for the ad revenue 

Youre not supposed to keep clicking them thinking you are doing a favor. Youll get the adsense account blocked and we wont be able to use it.

The reason it was there was just for a test. VA isnt planning on members ever seeing ads. They are meant to be seen by guests only. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Youre not supposed to keep clicking them thinking you are doing a favor. Youll get the adsense account blocked and we wont be able to use it.

The reason it was there was just for a test. VA isnt planning on members ever seeing ads. They are meant to be seen by guests only. 

I wasn't clicking the ads. The more traffic we have to the boards I would think would increase ad revenue.