Board technical issues

Moderator12

On 9/27/2020 at 8:25 PM, Mike030270 said:

Few things

Will facebook mobile embedding ever work?

I still can't post imgur

Can CVONs political and non political pic threads have no rules against curse words? Please. I don't know if you realize how much time it takes to edit those pics and how badly it can ruin a meme

12 or VA will need to advise about embedding. Things are hectic right now. 

So far we're sticking with old EMB rules. 

Getting note that user is on ignore, but their posts are showing up underneath the option to show the post lol. So it's not actually ignoring.

Screenshot_20201004-232052_Chrome.jpg

One slow moment thus far tonight, but otherwise, board continues to perform well. Now let's fix the offense.

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

One slow moment thus far tonight, but otherwise, board continues to perform well. Now let's fix the offense.

Liar

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2020 at 9:25 PM, Mike030270 said:

Few things

Will facebook mobile embedding ever work?

I still can't post imgur

Can CVONs political and non political pic threads have no rules against curse words? Please. I don't know if you realize how much time it takes to edit those pics and how badly it can ruin a meme

I don't know about facebook mobile.  I've tried a few things and no luck.

imgur does work.  I showed you the mistake you were making back in August.  You need to do the link to the image instead of the page link

On 8/24/2020 at 3:29 PM, Moderator12 said:

Facebook, as long as the post is public, appears to be embedding fine for me.  Are you still having trouble with it?

I'm not sure about imgur however.   If you copy the image address instead of the link it seems to work

https://i.imgur.com/b6fNTaE.gif

instead of

https://imgur.com/gallery/hFzsyAZ

5 minutes ago, Moderator12 said:

I don't know about facebook mobile.  I've tried a few things and no luck.

imgur does work.  I showed you the mistake you were making back in August.  You need to do the link to the image instead of the page link

I thought I replied to that and asked about mp4 instead of gif. I haven't seen gif but I have seen mp4 when copying the link to the image and it doesn't embed

It's strange because I'm on another forum that embed imgur links without the need for the image. Is there some list of what's acceptable on here that can be changed?

27 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I thought I replied to that and asked about mp4 instead of gif. I haven't seen gif but I have seen mp4 when copying the link to the image and it doesn't embed

It's strange because I'm on another forum that embed imgur links without the need for the image. Is there some list of what's acceptable on here that can be changed?

I don't remember the MP4 question, sorry if I missed it.

I can try to look into it more but I have a feeling its embedded in the stylesheet somewhere and that's not something I'm particularly good

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 12:04 PM, IFB DOG said:

Any update on the ignore feature not working? 

Seems like they're ignoring you just fine. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Board is getting slow

Yeah the board did slow down again tonight. I wonder what the traffic was being a primetime game. 

My load times slowed down to maybe 15-30 seconds during the most explosive plays. It didn't crash or reject my posts or connection to the server however. Held up fine IMO.

I belong to a few car forums and they have a limit of number of posts that you must make before creating a topic. Can we do the same? 

I only ask because I've seen two threads created just with links in the OP. You have one in the sports betting section and now one in Tate for power rankings. 

I don't want to click a virus :thumbdown:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

I belong to a few car forums and they have a limit of number of posts that you must make before creating a topic. Can we do the same? 

I only ask because I've seen two threads created just with links in the OP. You have one in the sports betting section and now one in Tate for power rankings. 

I don't want to click a virus :thumbdown:

I’ve thought this was a good idea for years. It seems a number of times, someone new would join the board, then start a few random threads with little thought behind them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I’ve thought this was a good idea for years. It seems a number of times, someone new would join the board, then start a few random threads with little thought behind them. 

Well yea that too. I was just more so thinking of stopping spamming. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

To be fair, we have long-time posters that do that too!  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Upgrade the board during games please....it's literally a 5 to 15 second delay to post......ugh.....

At times last night it was taking about 90 seconds to load a page after refreshing or posting, or even clicking to the next page.

Posting will take about a minute to save and post.  

It is tough with the GDT where you miss so many posts and fall behind.

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I haven't logged on in a while and I noticed that my old log in and password no longer work.  I also noticed that my email isn't recognized.  I have been a member since almost the inception of the message boards so I was just wondering if any of my history was saved or if it was all deleted with whatever happened.

Thanks