Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

17 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

I watched it. And then forgot I had watched it the next day. 

They should have taken a break after Endgame and reset. Bigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

The first content after Endgame was WandaVision, which was good. But it was a slow buildup at first, and tough after the buildup with Thanos. 

The next content was Black Widow which was average at best, and a solo movie they should have done after Civil War. 

I agree they shouldn't have rushed any movies after Endgame. There used to be anticipation for several years for sequels. The first 6 Star Wars movies produced had 3 years between them. Marvel was cranking out 3-4 movies a year at one point. The first phase wasn't that much.

Post-endgame they should have taken a break and then developed smaller stories on the Disney+ shows. I think Disney also wanted to get a lot of content for their streaming. Doing things similar to Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, Daredevil and other shows that came before it would have set expectations lower but could have been satisfying. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

He's so close to getting it but it's just words ultimately because Disney is far down a certain track that turning the tanker around won't be done in months but years.

More interestingly, I saw a rumour that the Deadpool movie was taking place in the Fox X-men universe and not the Marvel one (even though the TVA is there).  Can't quite work out how that would function, but one rumoured cameo will burn the internet down when the film comes, if true. Won't spoil, but it would fit the actor/actress as a real life person

8 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

but one rumoured cameo will burn the internet down when the film comes, if true. Won't spoil, but it would fit the actor/actress as a real life person

i mean, thats what spoiler tags are for, right?

Just now, BFit said:

i mean, thats what spoiler tags are for, right?

I will happily do it, but be warned.  I have nested spoilers to stop someone fat fingering and moaning. 

Spoiler

The person is an actor not an actress

Spoiler

One project was a mission impossible to watch at the end but a passion project for them

Spoiler

They had a super role at one point

Spoiler

Henry Cavill is rumoured to play a version of Wolverine.  What a middle finger to Warner Bros

There are lots of rumors flying around about cameos in Deadpool & Wolverine. Lots of fans make their wish list into movie posters or put photos of the actors up and some people take it as reported casting, and rumors spread. Here are some in spoilers just in case they're real and you really don't want to know:

Spoiler

I've seen rumors about other original X-Men movie actors returning like Anna Paquin as Rogue, Ice-Man and others. There's a strong rumor Jennifer Garner's Electra will be in it. I saw different suggestions about Quicksilver both the Fox and MCU versions. Keep in mind the comedy aspect of Deadpool. There will be jokes and self-mocking about the MCU, Fox and other properties. They already have set photos posted last year of a destroyed 20th Century Fox logo as the backdrop of a fight in a desert scene. 

I could see with the TVA and moving between timelines Deadpool popping into scenes for a very brief cameo of characters, him cracking a joke then leaving. That type of thing. If they do that, they shouldn't overdo it.

It will be interesting how they handle putting new characters into the MCU with regard to SHIELD/Nick Fury. How would they not be aware of Deadpool and other X-Men all this time, unless they aren't in "our" timeline/universe and they are from an alternate universe. 

18 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

I will happily do it, but be warned.  I have nested spoilers to stop someone fat fingering and moaning. 

Reveal hidden contents

The person is an actor not an actress

Reveal hidden contents

One project was a mission impossible to watch at the end but a passion project for them

Reveal hidden contents

They had a super role at one point

Reveal hidden contents

Henry Cavill is rumoured to play a version of Wolverine.  What a middle finger to Warner Bros

honestly, this is just beautiful spoiler stacking. good job by you :lol:

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

It will be interesting how they handle putting new characters into the MCU with regard to SHIELD/Nick Fury. How would they not be aware of Deadpool and other X-Men all this time, unless they aren't in "our" timeline/universe and they are from an alternate universe. 

pretty sure thats exactly how its gunna go. ill put my prediction in spoilers, incase it comes true, but its 100% just my speculation, not leaks or anything.

Spoiler

im thinking that the TVA hires deadpool to prune the fox universe. while doing so, he prunes himself and realizes its sending them all to the "limbo" planet (cant remember what they called it on loki) and there he eventually teams up with a couple characters and make it out and into the marvel universe. this leads to an incurrsion that later down the road leads to the xmen in the marvel universe. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BFit said:

pretty sure thats exactly how its gunna go. ill put my prediction in spoilers, incase it comes true, but its 100% just my speculation, not leaks or anything.

Hide contents

im thinking that the TVA hires deadpool to prune the fox universe. while doing so, he prunes himself and realizes its sending them all to the "limbo" planet (cant remember what they called it on loki) and there he eventually teams up with a couple characters and make it out and into the marvel universe. this leads to an incurrsion that later down the road leads to the xmen in the marvel universe. 

That's a good theory, it very well could be that. 

21 hours ago, NOTW said:

There are lots of rumors flying around about cameos in Deadpool & Wolverine. Lots of fans make their wish list into movie posters or put photos of the actors up and some people take it as reported casting, and rumors spread. Here are some in spoilers just in case they're real and you really don't want to know:

Hide contents

I've seen rumors about other original X-Men movie actors returning like Anna Paquin as Rogue, Ice-Man and others. There's a strong rumor Jennifer Garner's Electra will be in it. I saw different suggestions about Quicksilver both the Fox and MCU versions. Keep in mind the comedy aspect of Deadpool. There will be jokes and self-mocking about the MCU, Fox and other properties. They already have set photos posted last year of a destroyed 20th Century Fox logo as the backdrop of a fight in a desert scene. 

I could see with the TVA and moving between timelines Deadpool popping into scenes for a very brief cameo of characters, him cracking a joke then leaving. That type of thing. If they do that, they shouldn't overdo it.

Spoiler

I saw some discussion about whether they'd get Ben Affleck's Daredevil in it to go with Elektra.  But filming could be a little awkward after that spit up 😆

21 hours ago, BFit said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

They hinted at the X-men in the Marvels post credit scene, so would make sense to follow that on with Deadpool and do it in a way to do a "refresh" of the MCU - not a reboot though.  But complete it on a movie people will actually watch and without needing to watch D+ first.

Spoiler free comment.

I wonder if they will allow any criticism of the Marvels in Deadpool?

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:
  Hide contents

I saw some discussion about whether they'd get Ben Affleck's Daredevil in it to go with Elektra.  But filming could be a little awkward after that spit up 😆

Hide contents

They hinted at the X-men in the Marvels post credit scene, so would make sense to follow that on with Deadpool and do it in a way to do a "refresh" of the MCU - not a reboot though.  But complete it on a movie people will actually watch and without needing to watch D+ first.

Spoiler free comment.

I wonder if they will allow any criticism of the Marvels in Deadpool?

I wouldn't be surprised if there were jokes based on audience reaction to the recent phases. He'll make irreverent jokes about some older Avengers gone & needing new blood, he might meet characters or be told a situation & joke that he can't keep up with everything with all the shows & movies, might mention Disney+. She-hulk also broke the 4th wall, I would expect a reference (like I did it first kind of thing).

They'll let him push the envelope given the type of character. 

It would be good if they did that. 

I saw She-Hulk trending on X with it's fans complaining about why is Deadpool breaking the 4th wall funny and She-Hulk isn't?  The churlish answer is one is funny and the other isn't

I watched Deadpool 2 again earlier. Not as good as the first game, but still funny.  But the obvious question I have is the TVA being in 3 after not intervening in 2 with Cable changing the timeline? We know why, they are going to do some retconnng in 3 for the MCU, but regardless, it was nice watching a film without the multiverse and less than ideal CGI getting in the way.

The Wolverine mentions were very foreboding and quite why they didn't go there in 2020/1 is kind of baffling.

2 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

As for X-man 97.....  Yikes

GIfgXFSXcAADrrd?format=jpg&name=large

That's for what he did to rouge

I saw some complaints about how some of her assets had lost value in the remake.

in-marvel-animations-x-men-97-the-creators-reduced-how-v0-ij7h6rlqttic1.webp.7a3a9c546c3563541322ad5700f281a8.webp

A sackable offence in any righteous society

• Like 2

5 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

I saw some complaints about how some of her assets had lost value in the remake.

in-marvel-animations-x-men-97-the-creators-reduced-how-v0-ij7h6rlqttic1.webp.7a3a9c546c3563541322ad5700f281a8.webp

A sackable offence in any righteous society

well, it looks like wolverine is still enjoying the view, or is he looking at cyclops ? 

18 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

well, it looks like wolverine is still enjoying the view, or is he looking at cyclops ? 

He's thinking, where did the junk in her trunk go? And she needed to do an extra wipe this morning

• Haha 1

It'll be interesting to see what they perceive as a guaranteed hit in the current market conditions.  Internally, they felt ok to film the Marvels and release it, but the real world was less enthused about it.  I didn't even know they wanted an Ant Man 4 - 3 films felt like overkill by the end of it.

Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm are so out of sync with a portion of it's fan base, I'm not sure how or if they will ever get it back.  People have moved on after so many years of average to poor films and a zillion cash grab remakes that no one asked for.  They haven't been able to introduce a new franchise that has had sustained success. 

And this is ignoring the comments associated with themselves, their actors, directors etc made towards a portion of the fan base.  Without a deep clean of Disney, it feels like a diminishing return on their bought IPs.

• 3 weeks later...

so, the chick that played Ruth in ozarks has been cast as Shalla-bal in fantastic four. from what i gather shes kind of like the female version of the silver surfer, though she only had that role breifly in an alt comic series.

anyway, this means theres a possibilty that they give her the silver surfer arch in the movie, and she has to herald Galactus. i cant wait till she shows up and says galactus is coming, Reed Richards asks what that means, and she replies

Spoiler

I Don't Know Shit About Fuck | Know Your Meme

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/marvels-fantastic-four-reboot-julia-garner-silver-surfer/?fbclid=IwAR1J_Ic1mW-PUgUjxenE2-2uqw7IGGQTUnrzkxho_RSTG14pdGk7X6krcyo_aem_ATYxW8rXakOpaxyjAR9vvlKdBfD-iawiERlP_GnVEkKeJDkkZoiXBYbANRaSyAdiYAOVUQaoFkphkh4jOoN34MqM

• Haha 3

I'd love to see Galactus in the MCU,but I just don't think Disney can do the character justice without making him look like a CGI turd or under powered. 

Someone at the weekend called Garner the Silver Surf-her, which made me laugh. 

I do have a small confession. I've been watching the Avengers Assemble cartoons at lunchtime for the past few months, and Captain Marvel is really interesting semi-recurring character in that series.  Why did Disney cast a charmless Brie Larson and give her such a dull and uptight scripts to follow?  Captain Marvel is fun on those cartoons and not completely over powered or contradictory.  The character makes sense.

Feels like a missed opportunity for Disney on the live screen. I guess they think their version is that cartoon version.  It's not

On 4/9/2024 at 7:43 AM, UK Eagle said:

I do have a small confession. I've been watching the Avengers Assemble cartoons at lunchtime for the past few months, and Captain Marvel is really interesting semi-recurring character in that series.  Why did Disney cast a charmless Brie Larson and give her such a dull and uptight scripts to follow?  Captain Marvel is fun on those cartoons and not completely over powered or contradictory.  The character makes sense.

Feels like a missed opportunity for Disney on the live screen. I guess they think their version is that cartoon version.  It's not

she was great in 21 Jump Street so not sure if it was the direction or something else that made her not "pop" in her Marvel films appearances 

17 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

she was great in 21 Jump Street so not sure if it was the direction or something else that made her not "pop" in her Marvel films appearances 

The only thing I've seen Larson is Disney films, and she's come across as less than enthusiastic on screen.  I do absolutely put some of the blame on Disney because their writing is just so consistently bad across the MCU and Lucasfilm.  If you're not a top actor and motivated like Downey Jr, it not a pretty thing to see