Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Interesting.  In the ad you posted, she's touching an energy field.  In the comics, doesn't Wanda create the X-Men or something?  Could Wanda end up creating powers for Monica?  She got her power from an Infinity Stone, so did Marvel.  

8 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

She pretty much wipes the majority of them out.

Correct, kinda. In house of M, after having a complete meltdown, she starts by creating a world where everyone (present) got what they wanted. Notably her father magneto got his wish that mutants were the dominant race on earth and in control over humans. However, she snaps again and changes reality with the phrase "no more mutants.” So she kinda does both. 

• Like 1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

5 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

In the comics she has energy powers kind of like Captain Marvel. She has super speed when she takes her "energy form” and and she can absorb and return energy blasts. 

we have no idea if or when she get those powers in the MCU. Right now we only know that’s who she is.

Yeah what I meant was they haven't shown any powers so far, so I doubt we get an orgin story for powers right now. Maybe the end of the season, or more likely, Capt marvel 2

2 hours ago, devpool said:

Alright, so can we stop complaining about the show being slow now? Great episode.

Yup. They certainly made up for the "boring sitcom" beginning. 

3 hours ago, devpool said:

Alright, so can we stop complaining about the show being slow now? Great episode.

That first scene is how you grab the viewer's attention and suck them in.  Damn, that was cool.  And I love the tie-in to a character that seemed was forgotten about.  Sure, there were 3 of them in this episode from the films, but the first one was a much bigger surprise than the others.  So from a crawl to a walk to a full on sprint we're off and running now.

• Like 1

I still don’t think Wanda is fully in control. While it was suggested she is the one doing it, I think someone is clearly manipulating her. Perhaps she thinks the other characters aren’t real people and so she thinks only herself is trapped inside. Perhaps it has something to do with Woo’s witness protection guy. 

Also, nice seeing woo’s close up magic has really developed in the last 5 years. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, devpool said:

Yup. The first three episodes were absolutely necessary to set up the fourth. I think the whole thing has been done extremely well.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I still don’t think Wanda is fully in control. While it was suggested she is the one doing it, I think someone is clearly manipulating her. Perhaps she thinks the other characters aren’t real people and so she thinks only herself is trapped inside. Perhaps it has something to do with Woo’s witness protection guy. 

Also, nice seeing woo’s close up magic has really developed in the last 5 years. 

The nosey neighbor (or possibly the snooty blonde but I think its the neighbor) is subtly manipulating her IMO. 

It's a shame we had to suffer through 3 beautiful world building episodes that really set up the story before we got to super hero stuff. I mean, who wants to see a story built when you can have flashing visual effects, am I right?

1 hour ago, Boogyman said:

The nosey neighbor (or possibly the snooty blonde but I think its the neighbor) is subtly manipulating her IMO. 

A friend of mine has a similar theory about the neighbor, I can definitely see it being that way cause it was the neighbor who was talking to Herb about Monica not belonging there 

30 minutes ago, devpool said:

A friend of mine has a similar theory about the neighbor, I can definitely see it being that way cause it was the neighbor who was talking to Herb about Monica not belonging there 

Yeah you don't hire Kathryn Hahn to just be there, she's significant. 

So I've just watched episode 3. I'm not sure what to think now. I thought Wanda had created her own reality but now I'm not so sure. Shame really. 

I think whoever the 3rd party is (or who may be above them)that is "meddling" has a vested interest in the newborn twins and may even be the "father" of them. 

After episode 4 I have a lot of questions still.

One, who is jimmy woo’s witness and what is the significance? Maybe Ralph - agnes deadbeat husband she’s always ragging on but never seeing. 

Who is Kathryn Hahn’s character: her profile on Woo’s board was the only one without an id.

Who is editing the footage being broadcast and why? I could see it being maybe Wanda but then why broadcast in the beginning. I still think someone is pulling the strings behind the scene.

what happened to beekeeper guy? 

What is up with Vision? Is Wanda animating his dead corpse? Because if so this thing got super dark.

7 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

After episode 4 I have a lot of questions still.

One, who is jimmy woo’s witness and what is the significance? Maybe Ralph - agnes deadbeat husband she’s always ragging on but never seeing. 

Who is Kathryn Hahn’s character: her profile on Woo’s board was the only one without an id.

Who is editing the footage being broadcast and why? I could see it being maybe Wanda but then why broadcast in the beginning. I still think someone is pulling the strings behind the scene.

what happened to beekeeper guy? 

What is up with Vision? Is Wanda animating his dead corpse? Because if so this thing got super dark.

I think for the broadcast it's just like a weird byproduct of Wanda's powers, and the parts that are "edited" are the darker parts that she doesn't want in her reality, and as such they aren't seen on the TV.

I'm really curious about vision as well, and I like that they showed the characters in the show asking themselves the same thing 

On 1/30/2021 at 6:21 PM, Boogyman said:

I think whoever the 3rd party is (or who may be above them)that is "meddling" has a vested interest in the newborn twins and may even be the "father" of them. 

Read the theory (based on comics) I posted earlier from mashable.com.

27 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

I like that they used

Hide contents

X-Men Quicksilver,

instead of

Hide contents

The Avengers Quicksilver.

So...

is this show gunna be the backdoor to x-men? [/spoiler[

• Like 4