Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

A couple of spoilers after seeing cast list on IMDb 

Randall Park is playing same character he played in Ant-Man2. The actress who played Geraldine (she was in the magic show) is listed as also playing Monica Rambeau. That’s the little girl from Captain Marvel.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

So after watching both episodes and reading glowing reviews online I have to say that I must be taking crazy pills because that bored me to death. I’ll stick around for the mystery, but come with more than excellent technical recreation of sitcoms from days of yore and be slightly entertaining. It wasn’t. Second episode was ok, but the first was brutal. I’m sure everyone will say how great it was and how they laughed and laughed, but it was clever and that’s about it. 

17 minutes ago, homerpat said:

So after watching both episodes and reading glowing reviews online I have to say that I must be taking crazy pills because that bored me to death. I’ll stick around for the mystery, but come with more than excellent technical recreation of sitcoms from days of yore and be slightly entertaining. It wasn’t. Second episode was ok, but the first was brutal. I’m sure everyone will say how great it was and how they laughed and laughed, but it was clever and that’s about it. 

Dan Murrell did a review recently he said the first two are slow and really more world building and that the third episode the mystery and story start to come out.  You’ll know after the next episode if your in or not. 

16 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Dan Murrell did a review recently he said the first two are slow and really more world building and that the third episode the mystery and story start to come out.  You’ll know after the next episode if your in or not. 

I don’t want to say any of my theories and possibly hit on something, but I do think it will be worth it, just seems really shortsighted to launch just those two with just a little bit of mystery. I have hopes it will vastly improve. But as stated before can anyone honestly say either of those episodes was funny. Like you actually audibly made any small chuckle?  Technically speaking, they did a great job of recreating the tv era, but I’m not watching it for cinematography, set, and costume design. 

2 hours ago, homerpat said:

I don’t want to say any of my theories and possibly hit on something, but I do think it will be worth it, just seems really shortsighted to launch just those two with just a little bit of mystery. I have hopes it will vastly improve. But as stated before can anyone honestly say either of those episodes was funny. Like you actually audibly made any small chuckle?  Technically speaking, they did a great job of recreating the tv era, but I’m not watching it for cinematography, set, and costume design. 

I agree. First MCU content since Endgame, it was just ok.

Perfect spoof of classic sitcoms, but needed more dip into reality. 

I know it will get there based on the trailers. But needed a bit more.

Also they should have released the entire season at once to binge  would've made it easier to be patient. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So do we think Wanda is going to be the next big bad in the MCU? I happen to think that she is. 

She turned evil in the comics at one point. 

It would certainly be an interesting turn. If you look at her arch in the MCU so far her story has been nonstop trauma. We’re introduced to her and her brother after her whole family was killed. Then she and her brother were experimented on by Hydra, her brother then gets killed. She tries to make good of her situation only to accidentally kill a bunch of innocent civilians and become a pariah. Then she takes herself out of the limelight to settle down with Vision only to have to Kill Vision, have him reborn in front of you to watch him die again at Thanos hands, then get snapped. She clearly comes back angry, as one of her only lines in Endgame is you took everything from me, which is met with indifference from Thanos.

I think Wanda is unstable, and this whole show is her trying to cope with it. And unfortunately it’s having unforeseen consequences on the outside world. 

With regards to the way Disney dropped the show. I think they found a compromise. They’ll never drop it all at once like Netflix because they want to continue to be in the conversation. However, if they had made the first two episodes over two weeks i think people would have checked out because nothing happened for two weeks straight. However, what I think you will see is each episode more and more unravels and we get more mystery and more chaos. Episode 1 was the perfect sitcom life. Episode two you start to see intrusions into the world that are messing with her perfect life. Episode3 is apparently where the plot really starts to take off. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

She turned evil in the comics at one point. 

Yeah and I believe she's going to play a major part in the next Dr Strange movie, perhaps be a villain there. 

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Olsen showing some good acting skills too.

Those who have seen the third episode say if not for the fact that superhero movies get the shaft that her performance may be Emmy worthy. We’ll see. I’ve liked her performance so far.

Honestly, I’ve been impressed by Bettany’s comedic chops. He may have missed his calling as a 50s/60s sitcoms star 

Some people online complaining because they expected a superhero show and didn't understand why it was a 50s sitcom. I guess they didn't watch the trailer.  

On 1/15/2021 at 12:26 PM, OCEaglefan said:

A couple of spoilers after seeing cast list on IMDb 

Hide contents

Randall Park is playing same character he played in Ant-Man2. The actress who played Geraldine (she was in the magic show) is listed as also playing Monica Rambeau. That’s the little girl from Captain Marvel.

And Darcy from Thor, as seen in the trailer.

19 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So do we think Wanda is going to be the next big bad in the MCU? I happen to think that she is. 

Shes going to have a breakdown, exclaim "No more mutants!" and wipe Dark Phoenix from existence

On 1/16/2021 at 2:09 AM, NOTW said:

I didn't get this reference, must be from comics. 

Reveal hidden contents

The beekeeper.

Two possibilities. Doubt it’d be Yellow Jacket aka Hank Pym.

D4506876-641F-4B52-A5EC-44279E4F96ED.jpeg

86EB0967-2AF1-4FCA-9CAB-4FA1A5A1CCCD.jpeg

Its kind of interesting what they are going to do with Wandavision and what direction it is going to go. What Wanda is doing is playing with reality and bending things to her will. That is not going to sit well with Strange. 

57 minutes ago, Talkingbirds said:

Two possibilities. Doubt it’d be Yellow Jacket aka Hank Pym.

D4506876-641F-4B52-A5EC-44279E4F96ED.jpeg

86EB0967-2AF1-4FCA-9CAB-4FA1A5A1CCCD.jpeg

Well, yellow jacket is already in the MCU. More than likely it's a sword agent sent into Wanda's reality bubble, and her magic is changing his appearance. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, paco said:

Shes going to have a breakdown, exclaim "No more mutants!" and wipe Dark Phoenix from existence

One of the thoughts online is it's the other way around is that she loses it and creates mutants so you can bring the X-Men into the marvel universe.

As for the beekeeper I read one theory that it is supposed to be AIM, the team that created MODOK, who is getting his own animated show with Patton Oswalt as the voice of MODOK.

Chickie and I watched it last night and I get this thought, I think the writers and producers may be swinging for the fences similar to how  the new The Stand tried (and failed miserably). They have an established fan base that will tune in because they want to see what new thing in the marvel comic universe will be introduced/tied in. Then they have a fan base that is based on just the MCU who are starving for anything new that is MCU. Problem is, if you start watching this show with only the marvel universe as your base you will quickly be turned off. We knew going in that would be a slow setup and struggled to continue watching it. It's very similar to if you start watching better call Saul and only had a limited to no experience with Breaking Bad.

It seems a lot of these new shows / movies are trying to make the whole viewing experience like a mid credit / end credit scene. Where it is literally an Easter Egg hunt, instead of letting the story flow the viewers constantly looking for that next clue as to what is going to happen in the end.

• Like 2

There's something to be said for being patient and not wanting instant gratification and answers. Letting the story and mystery unfold.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

One of the thoughts online is it's the other way around is that she loses it and creates mutants so you can bring the X-Men into the marvel universe.

I think she's going to do exactly that. She's going to lose it and she's going to open up the multiverse. 

7 minutes ago, NOTW said:

There's something to be said for being patient and not wanting instant gratification and answers. Letting the story and mystery unfold.

Oh completely agree with you. They should build to the next big bad. 

6 hours ago, BFit said:

Well, yellow jacket is already in the MCU. More than likely it's a sword agent sent into Wanda's reality bubble, and her magic is changing his appearance. 

This was my thought. It already looks like she turned a SWORD helicopter into a toy, my guess is the guy is from the outside was wearing like a hazmat suit and to preserve her reality she turned it into a beekeeper suit instead. 

9 hours ago, NOTW said:

and there’s something to be said for making the unfolding more entertaining. Like I said earlier, in it for mystery of it, but I found the actual pacing and plotting pretty lacking. They had great set design costumes and cinematography but that was about it

• Like 1