Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

54 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I was clicking all the links within the article and I don't see anything that Cox or Marvel said anything about it, just blogs referencing other blogs. Not saying it's not true, but one blog quoted another blog about the rumor.

The Cox report has not been confirmed, but the report originates with Charles Murphy who is pretty reliable and knows how to segregate the rumours he has heard around Hollywood, from his own theories and from stuff that come from actually good insider sources.  He also tends to vet his information and takes more measured approach to his reporting so there is more credibility to his claim.  

My point being this is a fairly recent report from a credible source and Cox hasn’t said anything since April which was when the rights still belonged to Netflix and thus Disney could not actually do anything with the character publicly, which may even include reaching out to the actors themselves. So what Cox said in April may very well have been true, however, given that Disney just got the rights back in the last month I wouldn’t be surprised if this report turns out to be true.

This could turn out to be false, but the signs look good right now.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

41 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm good with time travel because that can be open and closed pretty easily. I'm not game with multiverse stuff though as I feel it gives them an easy cop out. Like they could bring back Thanos if they wanted, they could bring back Tony Stark if they wanted. 

Time travel itself opens up multiple timelines though, hence the Loki series.  It's just tough to manage long-term.

Wonder if Marvel will put new film releases on Disney+.  Mulan made them decent money and now WB is doing Wonder Woman 1984 on HBO Max in addition to theaters.  

49 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

The Cox report has not been confirmed, but the report originates with Charles Murphy who is pretty reliable and knows how to segregate the rumours he has heard around Hollywood, from his own theories and from stuff that come from actually good insider sources.  He also tends to vet his information and takes more measured approach to his reporting so there is more credibility to his claim.  

My point being this is a fairly recent report from a credible source and Cox hasn’t said anything since April which was when the rights still belonged to Netflix and thus Disney could not actually do anything with the character publicly, which may even include reaching out to the actors themselves. So what Cox said in April may very well have been true, however, given that Disney just got the rights back in the last month I wouldn’t be surprised if this report turns out to be true.

This could turn out to be false, but the signs look good right now.

cox didnt just give us all some relief form that crap version of daredevil that afleck gave us, he owned that character. same can be said for d'onofrio with kingpin. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

cox didnt just give us all some relief form that crap version of daredevil that afleck gave us, he owned that character. same can be said for d'onofrio with kingpin. 

A great example where a reboot got it right.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, NOTW said:

A great example where a reboot got it right.  

So true. Watched all three seasons again early in the pandemic.  While season 2 is a bit disjointed, it has some amazing performances. Daredevil and Punisher together was epic. But all three seasons are great. 

Courtesy of the Investor Call today.

Trailers for Falcon and Winter Soldier and Loki dropped. Both look awesome.

In addition to everything we already knew about, the MCU announced:

secret Invasion series with Samuel l Jackson and Ben Mendehlson 

jon watts who did both spiderman movies will direct a fantastic four movie

there will be a guardians holiday special 

Amor Wars will feature war machine in a movie of stark tech falling in the wrong hands.

ironheart movie also coming. 

finally there will be no black Panther recast in BP2

30 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Courtesy of the Investor Call today.

Trailers for Falcon and Winter Soldier and Loki dropped. Both look awesome.

In addition to everything we already knew about, the MCU announced:

jon watts who did both spiderman movies will direct a fantastic four movie

there will be a guardians holiday special 

Amor Wars will feature war machine in a movie of stark tech falling in the wrong hands.

ironheart movie also coming. 

finally there will be no black Panther recast in BP2

Glad they aren’t recasting Black Panther, I imagine Shuri will take that mantle

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I'm seeing a lot of negative comments about this because apparently that character is darker than what Disney will put out. Don't know anything about the character besides reading the comments. It's a very dark and gory story

Lol saw someone joke around saying they'll probably make it a comedy then

14 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Is Hulk going to be the Hulk with glasses or the other one?

I have no idea.

On 12/10/2020 at 8:38 PM, NOTW said:

Is that Kat Denning @1:10? 

And Kathryn Hahn is sexy AF.

On 12/10/2020 at 8:27 PM, NOTW said:

Tatiana was brilliant in Orphan Black, playing differentiating characters of the same clone.

12 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Is that Kat Denning @1:10? 

And Kathryn Hahn is sexy AF.

Yes. She's playing same role from the Thor movies. Randall Park is in it (FBI agent Jimmy Woo from Ant-Man & The Wasp). 

It's a 6 episode mini-series.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 1:19 AM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

What's the secret invasion stuff then? I'm very intrigued by this. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What's the secret invasion stuff then? I'm very intrigued by this. 

In the comics, the skrulls over a period of time secretly began sending skrulls to earth and started taking the form of various superheroes as a precursor to a larger invasion. It’s a huge crossover event.

• 1 month later...

Lots to sort through here

that’s S.W.O.R.D.’s logo which is  like SHIELD in space. I wonder if they change the acronym like they did with SHIELD and just make it the new SHIELD. Also an obvious one was the watch brand Strucker. Baron Von Strucker was monocle hydra guy at beginning of Ultron

according to IMDB that was Jennifer Lawrence on the first episode magazine cover