Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

Announcing that the first couple of episodes were going to be slow ahead of time was a good call. Marvel’s earned themselves some leeway, and knowing what to expect ahead of time, I was cool giving them the chance to slow walk it into a bigger story.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

This might have been received differently if it were the second series after Falcon and the Winter Soldier, to itch the scratch for MCU content.

Idk I enjoyed the first two episodes. Something different, and very weird. Olsen is great IMO, she and bettany have good chemistry as well it's fun to watch.

Second episode was definitely better than the first and clearly shows her reality breaking through. So I think like you all have said, in the third episode things are going to start ramping up.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, devpool said:

Second episode was definitely better than the first and clearly shows her reality breaking through. So I think like you all have said, in the third episode things are going to start ramping up.

Agreed. I thought it was quite fun to see Marvel do something a little different. The start of Wandavision is very different and I like how it's started that way. 

I knew what to expect going in, but it was still weird to watch.  I get it.  They are in an alternate reality, whether created by Wanda or by another entity (individual or group), and it will unravel into a full blown MCU story that is in line with the films.  This was sort of like the first 2 episodes of the last season of The Mandalorian where it was just filler or a tone setter until the real story kicked in and took off.  The first episode was barely 25 minutes and just basically introduced the setting.  The 2nd started to show you there's something else going on, so like a teaser or build-up episode.  Glad they released them together as watching the 1st then waiting for the 2nd would have been a bit annoying.  Fine, they're out of the way now and we can look forward to the mystery unfolding.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

They are in an alternate reality, whether created by Wanda or by another entity (individual or group),

I'm pretty sure it's an alternate reality created by Wanda. That's the feel I get and makes a lot of sense. That said I wouldn't be surprised if its by some entity trying to trap her.

It’s nice having new Marvel content, but Not a fan of it so far. I get it, I have an understanding of what the show is but not sure where it’s headed. I appreciate Marvel doing something different at least. But so far it’s just not my thing..I always have really hard time getting into sitcoms so I think that plays a part in it. I lost interest halfway thru the 2nd episode honestly. I’ll watch a couple more episodes because I’m curious about what’s going on outside of this alternate reality that’s supposedly in Wandas head.

so, wandavision sucks so far, right ? is something interesting is going to happen or is this just a long term dick van dyke flashback ? 

6 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

so, wandavision sucks so far, right ? is something interesting is going to happen or is this just a long term dick van dyke flashback ? 

Did you watch the trailer?  

27 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Did you watch the trailer?  

i did. i'm just piling on to the disappointment of the 1st two episodes. seriously, they were really, really bad. please lets get to the good stuff. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i did. i'm just piling on to the disappointment of the 1st two episodes. seriously, they were really, really bad. please lets get to the good stuff. 

I mean I know what you mean but I kind of found it intriguing all the same. Like it's a different start but we know it's going to change and twist. I kind of like marvel trying something a little different here. 

• Like 1

Fans:  Hollywood is out of ideas, comic book movies are all the same and should die out soon.

Marvel: does something new and creative.

Fans: this sucks, make a regular comic book show.

:wacko:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean I know what you mean but I kind of found it intriguing all the same. Like it's a different start but we know it's going to change and twist. I kind of like marvel trying something a little different here. 

i do not mind expanding things and trying something different. issue is that doesnt mean whats put out will be good. this show so far, and i stress so far, is blah at best. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Fans:  Hollywood is out of ideas, comic book movies are all the same and should die out soon.

fans like NOTW: Shoop - Non Gif Shoop Contest v5 - VOTING THREAD "B" | Page 11 | Sherdog  Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion

17 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

fans like NOTW: 

Your P fantasy aside...

...I have been critical of MCU content that I thought was terrible.  A handful of the movies were bad, some were average.  

The sitcom sendup might not be everyone's cup of tea, and that's understandable.  Just poking fun at people who complain there's nothing original, then don't like what's created that is original and fresh.

The production quality was great, it nailed the style and when you go into it knowing that it's a fantasy world Wanda is trapped in and that something sinister is happening in reality, it's easier to accept IMO.  The episodes had easter eggs including the commercials.  And ep 2 ended with them transporting to the 60s in color and Wanda is all of a sudden pregnant. Reports are that episode 3 makes it take off, we'll see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Your P fantasy aside...

...I have been critical of MCU content that I thought was terrible.  A handful of the movies were bad, some were average.  

The sitcom sendup might not be everyone's cup of tea, and that's understandable.  Just poking fun at people who complain there's nothing original, then don't like what's created that is original and fresh.

The production quality was great, it nailed the style and when you go into it knowing that it's a fantasy world Wanda is trapped in and that something sinister is happening in reality, it's easier to accept IMO.  The episodes had easter eggs including the commercials.  And ep 2 ended with them transporting to the 60s in color and Wanda is all of a sudden pregnant. Reports are that episode 3 makes it take off, we'll see.

don't act you're never had a P fantasy. 

4 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

don't act you're never had a P fantasy. 

I have a fantasy that you will learn proper grammar.  :P

• Haha 1

Just now, NOTW said:

I have a fantasy that you will learn proper grammar.  :P

:ph34r: you beat me to the edit

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

i’m all for new and interesting. but through the two eps it was boring. You’re not going to change minds. I really hope I eat that opinion and it pays off, but seeing that we only have to two to judge off of so far it’s a thumbs down

45 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Sounds like it's shaping up to be a good show to hold off on watching then binge when the whole season is out? 

and despite my criticism of early episodes the acting is great set and consume design is on point and I bet it turns out top notch. I’m just not happy with the start

The second episode clearly shows that it's going to start taking off. I understand people not liking the first episode, the complaining about the second episode is less valid unless people ignored the last half of the episode.

8 hours ago, devpool said:

The second episode clearly shows that it's going to start taking off. I understand people not liking the first episode, the complaining about the second episode is less valid unless people ignored the last half of the episode.

my issue is why are we waiting till the 3rd episode with this stupid nonsense. that said im not overly upset, just a bit disappointed. i guess i have been spoiled by the MCU so far so what could be a non-issue sticks out. 

I can't wait until we get to the I Dream of Jeannie episode, with Wanda wearing the Barbara Eden genie outfit. :drool: 

• Like 2