Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

11 hours ago, paco said:

And they flew to Morag too, btw. 

so if they could just teleport there, why didn’t they.  The fact that they had to fly to both locations means cap had to fly there as well otherwise the would have just teleported and not risk a ship.  But he didn’t have a ship or a pilot, so how did he get there?

Why couldn't he use the quantum realm to get to vormir?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

On 10/18/2020 at 2:04 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Why couldn't he use the quantum realm to get to vormir?

He could. Thor and Rocket used the tunnel to get from 2013 Asgard to 2024 Earth.  Same with Clint from 2014 Vormir and nebula and war machine from Morag

4 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

He could. Thor and Rocket used the tunnel to get from 2013 Asgard to 2024 Earth.  Same with Clint from 2014 Vormir and nebula and war machine from Morag

Clint and Natasia didn't go to Vormir via the QR.  They had to fly there because, reasons.

I'm saying the fact they had to fly their they were prohibited from using the QR.  So if that's the case, how did Cap get there?

5 hours ago, paco said:

Clint and Natasia didn't go to Vormir via the QR.  They had to fly there because, reasons.

They flew there because they had to be selective with the dates where they would travel to. Same with Cap,Tony and Scott. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They flew there because they had to be selective with the dates where they would travel to. Same with Cap,Tony and Scott. 

Different groups went to different dates. It only made sense to focus on NYC at a certain date because there were 3 stones there at once. You had built in back up in case s*** went bad due to the close proximity.

With the power stone and soul stone, sure they were there at the same time. But they were in completly different locations. There was no stratigical advantage gained by sending both squads to one location. 

4 hours ago, paco said:

Different groups went to different dates. It only made sense to focus on NYC at a certain date because there were 3 stones there at once. You had built in back up in case s*** went bad due to the close proximity.

With the power stone and soul stone, sure they were there at the same time. But they were in completly different locations. There was no stratigical advantage gained by sending both squads to one location. 

But they all got back home from those other worldly locations, so there is a precedent for being able to travel there through the QR. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, paco said:

I'm saying the fact they had to fly their they were prohibited from using the QR.  So if that's the case, how did Cap get there?

My guess is they didn’t have a fixed point of reference. You need to know when and where voromir would be at any given time (given that planets move in space). No one was there in 2014 so they had to fly there. But once at Voromir they could use the tunnel to come back to earth because they knew exactly where and when earth 2024 would be.  That said quantam mechanics is extremely complicated so my guess is they figured that’s something we as an audience could fill in the gaps without fully explaining.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

My guess is they didn’t have a fixed point of reference. You need to know when and where voromir would be at any given time (given that planets move in space). No one was there in 2014 so they had to fly there. But once at Voromir they could use the tunnel to come back to earth because they knew exactly where and when earth 2024 would be.  That said quantam mechanics is extremely complicated so my guess is they figured that’s something we as an audience could fill in the gaps without fully explaining.

This i could roll with

Some decisions in movies are not based on logic, but what will look cool or be a fun moment they want to show.  They sent 2 humans with no super powers, one of whom had never been in space before, to fly in a spaceship on auto-pilot to another planet in the hopes nothing goes wrong and they don't need to adjust anything.  They wanted a moment for Clint and Natalie in a spaceship being in awe and bringing back the Budapest line.  

It would have made more sense to split up Rocket and Thor because both are used to space travel.  Send Natasha with Thor because as a spy she could easily fit in dressed in Asgard clothes and look like a servant helping Jane.  Simple.  On Vormir if anything were to go wrong Rocket knows how to fly the ship, navigate space and utilize weapons to get them out of danger.

There was a lot of poor logic in Endgame that was done for moments and coincidence.  It was a turn your brain off and enjoy the nostalgia and send off to certain characters.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i demand a movie showing how cap returned all the stones...in detail!  

you got some stones, requesting that.

• Like 1

Here's how the discussion went:

Writers:  We need to show or explain how Cap returns the stones.

Russos:  The movie is already over 2.5 hours long, and besides, nobody is gonna care.

Writers:  There are definitely people who will care.

Russos:  Oh yeah?  Who?

Writers:  Nerds.

Russos:  Exactly. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Here's how the discussion went:

Writers:  We need to show or explain how Cap returns the stones.

Russos:  The movie is already over 2.5 hours long, and besides, nobody is gonna care.

Writers:  There are definitely people who will care.

Russos:  Oh yeah?  Who?

Writers:  Nerds.

Russos:  Exactly. 

I think the discussion probably was intercepted by Disney who said:

Disney: This is all a non starter. We want the possibility of bringing back Chris Evans for a final film where we will show how he returns the stones. There's huge money in that and that's the final decision.

• Like 2

Most of the stones being returned would be quite boring unless they had to write in drama to make it tougher.  It would be what we saw just in reverse and with less stakes.

Space stone: walk into an army base and put it in a locker.
Mind stone: Pop into Stark tower and drop Loki's scepter on the ground then immediately leave.
Time stone: show up to give it back to the Ancient One, smile and leave.
Power stone: go put it back in the room where Starlord took it, just make sure to get there early.
Reality stone: turn it into the ether (how?) and inject it back into Jane
Soul stone: the only thing interesting about it would be talking to Red Skull again.  They would have a chat and Cap would leave.  

I do think writer's can play with the nerd questions with simple lines of dialogue.  Have Ant-Man there asking these kind of questions in a funny way and Bruce explains it away like he did with time travel.  

Feige said in an interview that she would have been able to kill Thanos had he not called in the bombardment, so she’s still pretty strong.

I would wager we see more of her traditional self in Wanda vision and perhaps if she’s still around when the mutants show up. 

it’s all anyone’s guess at this point.

17 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Kind of funny because the movies have weakened her but Scarlett Witch is pretty power

Especially at the end of age of Ultron when she come out in her new.......tight..... uniform. She's very pretty power then :roll:

3 hours ago, BFit said:

Especially at the end of age of Ultron when she come out in her new.......tight..... uniform. She's very pretty power then :roll:

Not sure what I can blame that on 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully they give him more to work with then Fox did when he played Apocalypse.

20 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Hopefully they give him more to work with then Fox did when he played Apocalypse.

They'd almost have to right....right? :unsure:

Don't know much about the character but a few google searches have me intrigued. Seems like Batman with less morals and a touch of schizophrenia.  Maybe better served on a platform where they support R rated content but I'll give it a whirl

ElVUsy9WoAESvFN?format=jpg&name=small

More news:

Pros:  Producer/Writer for Umbrella Academy :thumbsup:

Cons:  Writer for 2015 Fantastic Four movie :thumbdown:

That fan4stic movie was more a product of studio mismanagement and a revolving door of directors, producers. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEagle7 said:

They'd almost have to right....right? :unsure:

Don't know much about the character but a few google searches have me intrigued. Seems like Batman with less morals and a touch of schizophrenia.  Maybe better served on a platform where they support R rated content but I'll give it a whirl

ElVUsy9WoAESvFN?format=jpg&name=small

More news:

The first 40 or so minutes of that movie was good....

3 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

More news:

You never know when there are multiple writers.  There were 2 other writers for FF.  Josh Trank (wrote Chronicle which was good) and Simon Kinberg also wrote the screenplay for FF.  Kinberg wrote the worst of the X-Men movies (Last Stand, Days of Future Past, Apocalypse, Dark Pheonix most of which were bad).  He wrote Mr and Mrs Smith and Sherlock Holmes but also XXX: State of the Union.

So of the 3 they put together FF.  Hard to say how much influence Slater had there.