Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

5 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

Will that happen with James Gunn doing his DCU stuff?  It would make for a good movie though because it's not a cookie cutter concept

Well he did the recent Suicide Squad sequel, then also did GOTG 3 sequel so it's not like a contractual thing.  But his time commitment may be to DC now.  He could also produce and have someone else direct.  That's the kind of project I could see a different director running with.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Well he did the recent Suicide Squad sequel, then also did GOTG 3 sequel so it's not like a contractual thing.  But his time commitment may be to DC now.  He could also produce and have someone else direct.  That's the kind of project I could see a different director running with.

Yeah.  I'd assume that DC would want Gunn to be exclusive to them now.  But let's see as I can see that sort of concept with a reasonable budget making money - something Marvel aren't the greatest at recently.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2023 at 8:53 AM, BFit said:

I'm assuming they are going to go this route with all the old characters coming back

image.thumb.png.186478bb3464be0d432d7ca81d0aa461.png

"Kills the Fox Universe"

I liked Secret Invasion….right up until the end. Not sure exactly why, but I thought the ending sucked.

On 7/30/2023 at 6:37 PM, The_Omega said:

I like Secret Invasion….right up until the end. Not sure exactly why, but I thought the ending sucked.

Spoiler

A friend watched it with their kid while on vacation.  Even the kid said it was a stupid ending but the series was ok.  Adult said "we've finally found a turd that Olivia Coleman can't polish or flush.  She is mortal after all".

GotG 3. - Based on the 1st watch, what a great F’ing movie. One of the most emotionally affecting films I’ve seen in a while.

• Confused 1

I enjoyed GogG overall. It was 30 mins too long so dragged a bit in places and felt a bit flabby in others, but good baddie, good VFX, etc and left it open for more films.

I can't be the only one wondering why Quill

Spoiler

Ditched the helmet and rocket boots?  It's his whole thing for his character.

And the point of Adam Warlock in the story.  A good MCU character but wedged in where perhaps it wasn't needed.  Captain Marvel with personality?

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

I enjoyed GogG overall. It was 30 mins too long so dragged a bit in places and felt a bit flabby in others, but good baddie, good VFX, etc and left it open for more films.

Hide contents

And the point of Adam Warlock in the story.  A good MCU character but wedged in where perhaps it wasn't needed.  Captain Marvel with personality?

Spoiler

Adam can beat Thanos. Didn't look up why Kevin Feige decided to go with the group thing. Probably better story with the group overcoming Thanos than Adam 

Loki Season 2 looks awesome.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

Hide contents

For Quill,

Spoiler

They basically focused on finding himself, moving on from Gamora, understanding new relationship with Mantis as his sister, and dealing with his Father issues.  But I also feel like they keep taking the major characters and either de-powering them or giving them a different purpose so that they can either move on from that character, not have to pay the highest paid actors, or make room for new characters.  Thor has had to "rediscover" himself several times, they got rid of Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Vision, Wanda, Spider-Man is starting over with no one knowing him, Hulk has taken a back seat and wasn't even shown fighting in the Endgame battle, he was just the science guy.  

Adam Warlock was thrown in just like MODOK and others so they can say they put them in the MCU but they didn't develop them well.

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:
  Hide contents

Adam can beat Thanos. Didn't look up why Kevin Feige decided to go with the group thing. Probably better story with the group overcoming Thanos than Adam 

I bought a series of comic books in the pandemic that featured Warlock, so seeing him like that was a bit WTF?   Agree, the group beating Thanos is far better from a story perspective and that part was largely executed flawlessly.  The bits after aren't so hot

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

For Quill,

Hide contents

They basically focused on finding himself, moving on from Gamora, understanding new relationship with Mantis as his sister, and dealing with his Father issues.  But I also feel like they keep taking the major characters and either de-powering them or giving them a different purpose so that they can either move on from that character, not have to pay the highest paid actors, or make room for new characters.  Thor has had to "rediscover" himself several times, they got rid of Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Vision, Wanda, Spider-Man is starting over with no one knowing him, Hulk has taken a back seat and wasn't even shown fighting in the Endgame battle, he was just the science guy.  

Adam Warlock was thrown in just like MODOK and others so they can say they put them in the MCU but they didn't develop them well.

Agree.

I don't get why they can't recast Captain America, Iron man, etc.  Disney can then keep the wider story arcs moving, like going to Avengers vs Xmen or Dr Doom/Galactus without being beholden to growing pay checks or actors getting older.  Bond is constantly recast and people get over it very quickly.

But going back to the film.  I did enjoy it and there was nary a multiverse in sight either.

Actors demand higher pay every time they reprise a part, eventually becoming too expensive.  From the ending though, "The Legendary Starlord Will Return" it looks like they're planning to keep Quill as a major character, but move in another direction with him.

Every time I rewatch Endgame it bothers me when the "old" Gamora kicks Quill in the balls.  I know they did it for comedy, but she says to Nebula "this is the one?" or something like that.  Meaning, Nebula told her about her connection to the Guardians and that she and Peter were in love and had a relationship.  I get that it could be her instincts to defend someone trying to touch her.  But she knew that to Peter she is his lover, and he approached her lovingly because he missed her and is relieved she's not dead (at least this version).  Then she just attacks him.  Could've at least said something or stepped back, put a hand up to defend.  Went right for the balls.

13 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Every time I rewatch Endgame it bothers me when the "old" Gamora kicks Quill in the balls.  I know they did it for comedy, but she says to Nebula "this is the one?" or something like that.  Meaning, Nebula told her about her connection to the Guardians and that she and Peter were in love and had a relationship.  I get that it could be her instincts to defend someone trying to touch her.  But she knew that to Peter she is his lover, and he approached her lovingly because he missed her and is relieved she's not dead (at least this version).  Then she just attacks him.  Could've at least said something or stepped back, put a hand up to defend.  Went right for the balls.

she was the galaxy's deadliest assassin in her former life.

somewhere/someday the *ussification of everything has got to stop. 

40 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

she was the galaxy's deadliest assassin in her former life.

somewhere/someday the *ussification of everything has got to stop. 

It's about writing and natural character reactions.  She had already softened up talking to Nebula and learning about what happens to her in the future.  Just thought it an odd choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Deadpool has disappeared from the movie schedule for next year.  But good news, the Marvels is still coming out in November as planned.

7 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

Deadpool has disappeared from the movie schedule for next year.  But good news, the Marvels is still coming out in November as planned.

Is it though?  :lol:

I kid, Ms Marvel was actually a lot better than I thought and I like Monica's character from WandaVision.  Hopefully this is good.  My son loved Ms Marvel and looking forward to this so I'm sure we'll see it in the theater.

16 hours ago, NOTW said:

Is it though?  :lol:

I kid, Ms Marvel was actually a lot better than I thought and I like Monica's character from WandaVision.  Hopefully this is good.  My son loved Ms Marvel and looking forward to this so I'm sure we'll see it in the theater.

I leave that to those who'll go and watch it.  But I don't hold out much hope seeing how much it's been delayed already and how little Secret Invasion was watched by the end of it. 

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

Sums it up well as usual

So....  A classic Marvel series ready for multiple rewatches?

All joking aside, if that plot is true, no wonder people exited from it.  It makes no sense, even by Disney Marvel standards.

44 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How did I get dragged in to this? 😂

have you met arthur ?