Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

7 hours ago, homerpat said:

agreed it looks promising. Still annoyed they completely changed Kamala’s powers

it's got my 7 & 3 year old daughters excited enough to make me want to take them to the theater to actually see it. three amigos in space

Kamala as a superfan really works as a plot device that draws the younger fan in.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

19 hours ago, NOTW said:

Looks like a better direction and getting a bit creative vs trying to do just a part 2 with Brie Larson only.  I really like Teyonah Parris.  She was great in WandaVision, and I'm much more interested to see what she does in this than Larson who I think just doesn't quite fit.  I haven't seen Ms Marvel yet but heard good things.  I don't know these comics so I don't know if there are other "Marvels" out there on alien planets or anything, any cameos to expect but they also shouldn't overdo the concept.

I liked Ms. Marvel for what it was.  It's very much geared towards a younger audience, maybe a little more teen focused then Spiderman.  But it was really creative with its cinematography.  Is it groundbreaking? No.  But its fun and honestly the type of stories that are good introductions to the character that I believe the Disney+ series are made for. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, homerpat said:

agreed it looks promising. Still annoyed they completely changed Kamala’s powers

Is she no longer the second in command of the nation? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

it's got my 7 & 3 year old daughters excited enough to make me want to take them to the theater to actually see it. three amigos in space

Kamala as a superfan really works as a plot device that draws the younger fan in.

I agree it was a fun show. But she can stretch grow and shrink. These powers have no correlation. just a nerd gripe. 

On 4/12/2023 at 10:19 AM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I liked Ms. Marvel for what it was.  It's very much geared towards a younger audience, maybe a little more teen focused then Spiderman.  But it was really creative with its cinematography.  Is it groundbreaking? No.  But its fun and honestly the type of stories that are good introductions to the character that I believe the Disney+ series are made for. 

I watched the show purely so I wouldn’t miss anything marvel related, didn’t care for the show going into it. I enjoyed Ms Marvel way more than I expected, thought it was endearing and genuine fun. 

Now on Disney+: The Toby Maguire Spider-Man trilogy and The Amazing Spider-Man with Andrew Garfield (not part 2 though).

• 2 weeks later...

No spoilers, but GOTG3 had probably the best villain any of these films have had to date. 

2 hours ago, Boogyman said:

No spoilers, but GOTG3 had probably the best villain any of these films have had to date. 

im going tonight. im pretty pumped. is there a post credit at the very end? like after the black credits roll?

25 minutes ago, BFit said:

im going tonight. im pretty pumped. is there a post credit at the very end? like after the black credits roll?

1 mid and 1 post credit. I thought it was a top 3 MCU film.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BFit said:

same. Had to win both of the softball doubleheaders last night so I am uncharacteristically late to the game on this one. 

Great movie. Way too hot in the theater though, eyes kept sweating. May have been allergies though.... 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BFit said:

Great movie. Way too hot in the theater though, eyes kept sweating. May have been allergies though.... 

The theater I go to is like the Arctic, good thing they have heated seats!

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The theater I go to is like the Arctic, good thing they have heated seats!

Ok though guy, tell me your eyes doing sweat during this movie.... 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BFit said:

Lmao, some how I missed it was your eyes sweating... 😭

8 hours ago, BFit said:

Yeah, got me a couple times. Film did a great job of wrapping up so many characters stories. Was just dark enough, but kept the GOTG humor as well.  It's exactly what a comic book film should be IMO.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BFit said:

not once. Film was fine. Post-endgame, this would slot after no way home because Thor, strange, antman, and forever all had plenty of blah/weak sections 

22 hours ago, BFit said:

image.gif.d8e2ee69dd5828dd4faadc9e4639df25.gif

Saw it tonight, really liked it. It's a good blueprint for a standalone story post-Endgame. It also leaves possibilities for future sequels that can continue being interesting & fresh.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 8:42 AM, Boogyman said:

Disagree but it was surprisingly great

I expected a lot of forced humor because of the previous one and Marvel has been struggling with finding a happy medium

On 5/16/2023 at 6:02 PM, NOTW said:

Interesting they are dropping Echo all at once. Maybe it's an experiment of sorts for Disney?

1 hour ago, Boogyman said:

Interesting they are dropping Echo all at once. Maybe it's an experiment of sorts for Disney?

Could be.  Echo probably won't be as popular as other characters, so might not have the same patience to wait each week for an episode.  They might also experience more users waiting to watch until all the episodes are available. I've done that with a lot of shows.  I even did that with Mandalorian season 3, which I read had lower numbers than previous seasons.

When I saw this I had that thought:  I'd sit and binge watch Echo but I probably wouldn't watch 1 episode a week and anticipate it like certain other shows.

I think they should only do 1 ep a week on select shows to make them more special and the rest just put all the episodes out.

41 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Could be.  Echo probably won't be as popular as other characters, so might not have the same patience to wait each week for an episode.  They might also experience more users waiting to watch until all the episodes are available. I've done that with a lot of shows.  I even did that with Mandalorian season 3, which I read had lower numbers than previous seasons.

When I saw this I had that thought:  I'd sit and binge watch Echo but I probably wouldn't watch 1 episode a week and anticipate it like certain other shows.

I think they should only do 1 ep a week on select shows to make them more special and the rest just put all the episodes out.

I rarely watch more than two episodes of any show in one sitting. I prefer to let whatever happened in each episode sink in for at least a day. 

My thoughts were either Disney wanted to test out dropping the whole series, or perhaps it's not as long as the others have been?