Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

1 hour ago, Boogyman said:

I rarely watch more than two episodes of any show in one sitting. I prefer to let whatever happened in each episode sink in for at least a day. 

My thoughts were either Disney wanted to test out dropping the whole series, or perhaps it's not as long as the others have been? 

Could be.

I don't ever binge an entire show either I don't have time for that.  Usually it's 2-3 episodes a night, but we'll stick with usually 1 show at a time until it's done. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

I am a fan of the tv show binge because it's better IMO

I assumed they did this either through testing or want to release it before something else

I think for Echo, it may well be they knows it's not the strongest of series, so getting it out of the way while it's fresh may well help the ratings. Disney doesn't need more series that are panned the longer they go on and the ratings disappear quickly.

18 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Quantumania - 

image.gif.d2d6d1a22386a60dcf4ca327f14c3dde.gif

I watched it over the weekend and agree. I could nitpick it to death, but 2 things stood out. Science Teachers in the MCU are so excellent that teenagers can now learn quantum mechanics in their basements and build lots of cool tech from spare parts.

And as for MODOK.  This is what TV over here did on a video game show in the early to mid 1990s

Spoiler

GamesMaster-screengrab-Sir-Patrick-Moore

Disney have the ability to do anything they want, and created something that looked it was done in Microsoft Paint by an intern

2 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

Reveal hidden contents

GamesMaster-screengrab-Sir-Patrick-Moore

Disney have the ability to do anything they want, and created something that looked it was done in Microsoft Paint by an intern

ALL ABOUT THAT M.O.D.O.K. A.H.Z.

watched it this weekend. could not stay awake for the big final battle.  

Antman: the fall of Jonathan Majors

3 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

ALL ABOUT THAT M.O.D.O.K. A.H.Z.

watched it this weekend. could not stay awake for the big final battle.  

Every time MODOK was on screen, I couldn't help but laugh outloud; almost belly laughing.  Why Disney why?

The big battle was standard MCU and largely missable.

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

Antman: the fall of Jonathan Majors

The scene with the

Spoiler

Many Majors

Will be a tough one for Disney writers to workaround with their current process. Be easier to ask ChatGPT how to fix it

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

Every time MODOK was on screen, I couldn't help but laugh outloud; almost belly laughing.  Why Disney why?

The big battle was standard MCU and largely missable.

The scene with the

Hide contents

Many Majors

Will be a tough one for Disney writers to workaround with their current process. Be easier to ask ChatGPT how to fix it

Spoiler

My understanding is that scene was all of the Kang variants correct?

3 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i sure hope guardians 3 can make up for that mess. 

Nope!  GoG3 is where the weight of the MCU finally catches up to and crushes the joy out of its' one great franchise.  A few magical moments of humor, music and still frames, but they almost seem placed in there at formulaic intervals, trying to hold together another mess of CGI armies and a box of dog bones scattered around to the faithful who still show up and watch every installment.

Pretentiously long with an entire final act that didn't need to happen, only to end in an emotionally shallow, unsatisfying and unoriginal send off.  God, please let me never see another MCU movie ever again.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i sure hope guardians 3 can make up for that mess. 

My opinion on GOT3.

It's getting great reviews and comments from fans. I had some minor issues with it but it was fun to watch.

On 5/12/2023 at 9:04 PM, NOTW said:

Saw it tonight, really liked it. It's a good blueprint for a standalone story post-Endgame. It also leaves possibilities for future sequels that can continue being interesting & fresh.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Hide contents

My understanding is that scene was all of the Kang variants correct?

Correct.  They unintentionally backed themselves into a corner - no one could have foreseen what happened. Not sure if there is an appearance in GotG - not seen  that

15 hours ago, NOTW said:

My opinion on GOT3.

It's getting great reviews and comments from fans. I had some minor issues with it but it was fun to watch.

i am trying to get to see this in the theater. looks like i have some time still. 

3 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i am trying to get to see this in the theater. looks like i have some time still. 

I think it's a good movie theater experience because of the visuals and sound.  One of my complaints though - and my 10 year old agreed so it's not just an old guy thing - was how LOUD the entire movie was.  It was non-stop action, explosions, fast paced and when it wasn't the score and soundtrack were loud.  There were not many quieter moments that slow down.  Even when the action is slow, the score and soundtrack are relentless.  It was fine most of the time but by the end we were like dang we want some quiet on the drive home.  

Other non-spoiler review comments:

There were some really cool visuals that were homage or perhaps just ripping off other things you've seen.  Some were obvious, some felt familiar but I wasn't sure where I remembered it from.  But I felt it was a good thing, like comforting and enjoyable not rolling your eyes that "oh they just ripped off ____."  

There are some action sequences especially one toward the end that are just really fun to watch.  

I didn't like some of the choices made in plot or characters but they were minor and I understood why they did it.  I think it's a satisfying MCU movie, better than GOTG2 and as I said earlier does a good job of being a standalone movie after Endgame without making you miss the other Avengers.  It works really well on its own and didn't need to lead into any larger 10 movie plot like Thanos or Kang.

• Like 1

I saw a video explaining that newer MCU movies are too CGI heavy and not grounded enough with practical effects.  Doctor Strange, Loki, Quantumania and now GOTG3 are all sci-fi/fantasy so the products have been lacking more real sets, costumes and practical effects.  The TV shows had a mix:  WandaVision and Ms Marvel had both practical sets but lots of CGI.  Falcon and Winter Solder and Hawkeye were more practical effects, sets and costumes so it felt more grounded.  I think it's just been a while.  The upcoming movies and series with Secret Invasion, Captain America 4 and others will hopefully get back to more of that and less CGI fest.  Computer effects should enhance the story, not be the entire gimmick.

16 hours ago, NOTW said:

I saw a video explaining that newer MCU movies are too CGI heavy and not grounded enough with practical effects.  Doctor Strange, Loki, Quantumania and now GOTG3 are all sci-fi/fantasy so the products have been lacking more real sets, costumes and practical effects.  The TV shows had a mix:  WandaVision and Ms Marvel had both practical sets but lots of CGI.  Falcon and Winter Solder and Hawkeye were more practical effects, sets and costumes so it felt more grounded.  I think it's just been a while.  The upcoming movies and series with Secret Invasion, Captain America 4 and others will hopefully get back to more of that and less CGI fest.  Computer effects should enhance the story, not be the entire gimmick.

I saw someone complain about how dark the CGI of the recent films is and the variable quality of it - MODOK is a great example of it.  I can see why Alonso was let go.

• 2 weeks later...

Spiderman: Across the Spiderverse - A worthy follow up to the original.  Drags at times, especially earlier on, but when it gets going it really gets good.

On 6/5/2023 at 10:49 AM, The_Omega said:

Spiderman: Across the Spiderverse - A worthy follow up to the original.  Drags at times, especially earlier on, but when it gets going it really gets good.

It was really good. Great animation, they continue to innovate.

On 6/5/2023 at 10:49 AM, The_Omega said:

On 6/8/2023 at 8:47 AM, NOTW said:

It was really good. Great animation, they continue to innovate.

Giving it a second go moments from now to see if my initial rating changes in any direction

Spider-man 2 was way too long. Animation was pretty amazing, but the story was drug out way too far and not thrilled I’ll have to sit through more of it. 

51 minutes ago, homerpat said:

Spider-man 2 was way too long. Animation was pretty amazing, but the story was drug out way too far and not thrilled I’ll have to sit through more of it. 

The only real Spider-Man 2 is with doctor Octaveous 

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

The only real Spider-Man 2 is with doctor Octaveous 

Agreed that’s the best of the second ones. 

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter has decided that she wants to watch all the Marvel movies - never watched a single one.  I'm going to watch them all with her - pretty excited about it actually, as some of these I haven't watched in years.  Watched Iron Man last night - she seemed to enjoy it.  

the Kraven the Hunter trailer looks like Mommy Daddy Dearest.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbBQH2Y1KZXH0XzZE3YMG