Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

Just now, 20Safety_Hazards said:
  Hide contents

But Cassie literally DID experience that already. For 5 years. 

True but:

Spoiler

Then she was spending time away from him going out to protests, getting put in jail and berating him for not going out - away from her - to go help others.  She's a teenager so there's that.  But since this movie showed her at the beginning not caring about the 5 year absence and not respecting he wants time off to spend time with her, then it could have been a way to close out the movie with their relationship dynamic.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

This movie didn’t have Luis, TI, that other guy (I think he was the psychotic "cop” wearing the Rachel Dawes name tag Harvey dent threatened in The Dark Knight), Cassie’s mom, or Canavale. They gave us Asian Jim Helpert for 3 seconds. Such a fail. 

16 hours ago, NOTW said:

I agree on the ending.  

Reveal hidden contents

At one point I thought they were going to have Kang escape and set that up for his future movie appearances.  I thought when Scott sacrificed himself to stay back that then Cassie would get to experience what it's like to be away from him and feel what Scott was feeling, and feel bad about her prior comments and realize his motivation for his family.  The ants should have just helped the people against Kang's army while the main heroes fought Kang.  

First off, my bad guys on forgetting to use spoilers in my recent comment. I wasn’t sober when I wrote that & wasn’t thinking of spoilers at the time. I edited though & should have spoiler tag now. 

Spoiler

But yeah, it was setting up to be a very nice ending with Scott being left in the quantum realm. I like that touch. Then have the movie cut to Kang beating the ants, maybe beating up Lang even, then escaping. 

But yeah I’m reaching the point to where MCU isn’t as great as it once was. 

22 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

There's a report that Marvel reshot the entire ending of Quantumania.  If true, I do not understand why they changed the ending.  Because it seems like the original ending was better. 

https://thedirect.com/article/ant-man-quantumania-ending-changed-reshoots

I'd seen the same thing about reshoots - usually a harbinger of doom for the MCU, but not seen the film, so can't comment!

6 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

First off, my bad guys on forgetting to use spoilers in my recent comment. I wasn’t sober when I wrote that & wasn’t thinking of spoilers at the time. I edited though & should have spoiler tag now. 

Hide contents

But yeah, it was setting up to be a very nice ending with Scott being left in the quantum realm. I like that touch. Then have the movie cut to Kang beating the ants, maybe beating up Lang even, then escaping. 

But yeah I’m reaching the point to where MCU isn’t as great as it once was. 

Spoiler

I feel like they rushed a bunch of stuff for Disney plus because that’s was Chapek’s main project and interest and as a result it really hurt the MCU. That plus the pandemic creating an even greater demand for immediate content really hurt the creative teams.  I’m willing to see this phase out to see if Iger’s return as CEO and Feige’s promise to give more time between projects results in a return to form. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 8:41 PM, The_Omega said:

[quote]

Victoria Alonso Departs Marvel Studios After Nearly Two-Decade Run

By Matt Grobar, Anthony D'Alessandro

March 20, 2023 11:41am[/quote]

Apparently, Victoria was becoming a huge issue at Marvel, specifically with the VFX companies. Apparently if you did not do things her way, you’d get blacklisted, which significantly limited their options for VFX studios and leading to overworked teams. If true, hopefully this and the return to a more realistic production schedule can bring the quality back up. 

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

There is probably going to be a documentary about the treatment of VFX in MCU lol

Dark Side of the Studio on Reelz

18 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Dark Side of the Studio on Reelz

what is this? i googled it and all i found were masks....

6 hours ago, BFit said:

what is this? i googled it and all i found were masks....

It's a limited series that I'm currently developing.  The masks are for my anonymous sources.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Another series where Rhodes makes a cameo but doesn't suit up as War Machine to help stop a major problem directly affecting the US Military and government?  :lol:

10 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Another series where Rhodes makes a cameo but doesn't suit up as War Machine to help stop a major problem directly affecting the US Military and government?  :lol:

they already have one cripple as the lead. quota met. 

This isn't Glee Avengers.

• Haha 3

Chris Hemsworth is 'taking on fewer acting roles' as he takes a step back from Hollywood after discovering he is genetically predisposed to Alzheimer's disease

By SAVANNA YOUNG FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

PUBLISHED: 17:06 EDT, 2 April 2023 | UPDATED: 20:15 EDT, 2 April 2023

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Emilia Clarke is in it, so I'll be watching. :wub:

On 4/3/2023 at 6:37 PM, Weaponx01 said:

I’ve run out of steam with Marvel. I hope it doesn’t last. 

That’s kind of where I’m at too. I‘ve been a huge marvel fan but I think they’ve tried to over do it. 

This actually looks interesting.  I'm intrigued by the concept at least. 

Looks like a better direction and getting a bit creative vs trying to do just a part 2 with Brie Larson only.  I really like Teyonah Parris.  She was great in WandaVision, and I'm much more interested to see what she does in this than Larson who I think just doesn't quite fit.  I haven't seen Ms Marvel yet but heard good things.  I don't know these comics so I don't know if there are other "Marvels" out there on alien planets or anything, any cameos to expect but they also shouldn't overdo the concept.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

Looks like a better direction and getting a bit creative vs trying to do just a part 2 with Brie Larson only.  I really like Teyonah Parris.  She was great in WandaVision, and I'm much more interested to see what she does in this than Larson who I think just doesn't quite fit.  I haven't seen Ms Marvel yet but heard good things.  I don't know these comics so I don't know if there are other "Marvels" out there on alien planets or anything, any cameos to expect but they also shouldn't overdo the concept.

agreed it looks promising. Still annoyed they completely changed Kamala’s powers