Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

2 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

I thought John Krasinski looked a great Reed Richards in that Dr Strange film. Not sure Pedro is anything more than a popular name to be a figurehead on a franchise in crisis.

Pedro is popular but he's a bad choice for this.  Just recast Krasinski.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

he's ethnic. 

If they weren't going for a name, it would be better Reed Richards was a relative unknown in the early 30s, so they play the character for years without looking old.  Pascal is 48, so any sort of story arc will take him into his mid 50s - the same reason to recast Iron man rather than Downey Jr play him again

3 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

he's ethnic. 

Everyone is ethnic :P  Krasinski is Irish and Polish.

I wouldn't mind a POC for the role, just the right person.  Pedro doesn't fit that character at all.

18 hours ago, NOTW said:

Everyone is ethnic :P  Krasinski is Irish and Polish.

I wouldn't mind a POC for the role, just the right person.  Pedro doesn't fit that character at all.

you know what i meant. 😁 but yeah, i don't have an issue with a POC taking the role, i agree pedro just doesnt seem to fit. 

hey as long as they dont cast lizzo as richards, im good. 

46 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Shocking.  No one could have predicted that.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Shocking.  No one could have predicted that.

i have an added rant on this, but it's political and i'd rather leave that for cvon. 

19 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i have an added rant on this, but it's political and i'd rather leave that for cvon. 

It's relevant to the movies though.  There's been a pattern of blaming white men, misogyny, racism, etc even BEFORE a movie comes out.  It's dumb because movies with diverse casts that are well made are received just fine.  WandaVision was great and had a female lead.  Ms Marvel was a Pakastani girl and family and got into their history and culture and I thought that was well done.  Black Panther was a huge hit.  It's not race or gender, it's quality regardless.  There are movies with white male leads that fans hate too like Thor 2 & 4, Iron Man 3, etc. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

It's relevant to the movies though.  There's been a pattern of blaming white men, misogyny, racism, etc even BEFORE a movie comes out.  It's dumb because movies with diverse casts that are well made are received just fine.  WandaVision was great and had a female lead.  Ms Marvel was a Pakastani girl and family and got into their history and culture and I thought that was well done.  Black Panther was a huge hit.  It's not race or gender, it's quality regardless.  There are movies with white male leads that fans hate too like Thor 2 & 4, Iron Man 3, etc. 

i hear you, i just didn't want to go off on a wild tirade.

libs acting just like trump, blaming everyone but themselves and trying to cause a stir with their BS rhetoric. 

1 minute ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i hear you, i just didn't want to go off on a wild tirade.

libs acting just like trump, blaming everyone but themselves and trying to cause a stir with their BS rhetoric. 

Hollywood tries to find the formula of what sells and copy and repeat it, then when something doesn't they are looking for something/someone to blame.  There have been big budget blockbusters over the years that fail like Land of the Lost (Will Ferrell) or John Carter and they were led by white men with big budget, monsters, CGI, etc.  Sometimes certain things just don't stick.  Sometimes audiences are just over a certain genre, or there's actually oversaturation to where they're not special.  Star Wars tried putting out 1 movie per year and only 2 years between the trilogy movies whereas it used to be 3 years.  There are trends like paranormal horror, vampires, zombies, YA Novel adaptations, fantasy, etc.  Sometimes the formula works and sometimes certain ones just don't land.

The "woke" or SJW type approach just wants to blame diverse casting and racism/sexism instead of looking at other properties with diverse casts that do well and ruling that out.  Nah, it must be bigots to blame!

• Like 1

Blaming fans is never a good thing; just make the best product for the widest demographic possible and the money will flow. I don't think I'm the only one fed up with the ever increasing activism in Hollywood; I have no desire to know what companies or people's views are on anything as a precursor to watching it.

I just want to watch something, enjoy it and think, will get that on Blu Ray when it comes out or will rewatch again in a few years time.

On 11/17/2023 at 7:46 PM, NOTW said:

The "woke" or SJW type approach just wants to blame diverse casting and racism/sexism instead of looking at other properties with diverse casts that do well and ruling that out.  Nah, it must be bigots to blame!

That seems to be the Hollywood mentality. We tell you what you must enjoy and if you don't, it's your fault for being so bigoted.  Fighting the paying customer is a battle you will never win

https://screenrant.com/the-marvels-box-office-drop-worst-morbius-comparison/

The Marvels Collapses At Box Office With Record-Breaking 2nd Weekend Drop That's Worse Than Morbius

Per Variety, the The Marvels box office has taken a huge hit in its second weekend. After earning the lowest opening weekend of the entire MCU, it has now grossed an additional $10.2 million at the domestic box office, a staggering drop of 79%. This is the worst weekend 2 drop for a comic book movie, even more than the 74% slump earned by the notorious Sony outing Morbius.

Dang.

So you're telling me that a hastily added Fox X-men post credit scene can't polish a turd and make people watch a less than stellar film with a bunch of characters that they very likely don't know who they are? 

j-jonah-jameson-superman.gif

At this point, Disney have to look at the future slate of Marvel (and Star Wars) content and wonder if it's better to just delete it, do nothing for 5 years and stop the financial bleeding.

On 11/16/2023 at 10:28 AM, NOTW said:

Krasinski was terrible though, even in the small sample. I wanted Adam Driver, and him to also play "The Maker", in a horror film style MCU project. But I don't have that kinda pull lmao.

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

The Marvels Collapses At Box Office With Record-Breaking 2nd Weekend Drop That's Worse Than Morbius

Per Variety, the The Marvels box office has taken a huge hit in its second weekend. After earning the lowest opening weekend of the entire MCU, it has now grossed an additional $10.2 million at the domestic box office, a staggering drop of 79%. This is the worst weekend 2 drop for a comic book movie, even more than the 74% slump earned by the notorious Sony outing Morbius.

Sooooo many virulent & violent racist sexist homophobes.  :thumbdown:

4 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Eh, makes sense really. You can't have a man come and tell the she-vengers about Galactus. Especially if they're led by ironmans replacement, Fe-male

• Haha 1

On 11/19/2023 at 3:01 PM, NOTW said:

what a bunch of racist, misogynistic, transphobic losers marvel fans are !!!!!!!

7 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I’m sure it’ll be someone inspiring like Bethany Hamilton.

To be fair, there are so many rumors posted on these "articles" that are just click bait.  It's like the sports rumors that never happen.  I've seen rumors that the MCU thinks the current slate is failing so they're scrapping Kang and doing a completely different Avengers team up.  I've seen that they are going to retcon and find ways to bring back RDJ, Scarlett Johansen and Chris Evans.  Various rumors about who the leaders of the new Avengers will be.  Rumors that Deadpool will replace Stan Lee as the cameo guy in every movie after Deadpool 3.  I've seen rumors that they think movies are failing because of new characters and they are going to stick to the known characters from previous movies and keep making sequels with them.  

I think Deadpool 3 will be interesting for a few reasons.  We'll find out if the complaints that Disney would ruin the R rated fun nature of Deadpool come true or if they do it right (I actually didn't like the Deadpool movies that much but I thought Ryan Reynolds was great as the character, so I hope they get better, while still having that brand of comedy).  It brings back Wolverine and those 2 together "should" be a simple formula for a good movie and box office success but we'll see if they handle it right or screw it up.  And we'll see how it plays into the future of the characters in the MCU, or if it's some kind of one-off that isn't much related.