Better Call Saul

RPeeteRules

Did a day after re-watch

Spoiler

Howard showing the intern the trick of spinning your soda to prevent an explosion makes your heart just drop knowing what's coming for him

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Did a day after re-watch

Reveal hidden contents

Howard showing the intern the trick of spinning your soda to prevent an explosion makes your heart just drop knowing what's coming for him

Spoiler

Right?  He became a super-likeable character this season.  When you know all the personal stuff he's going through on top of it - damn.  I wish Gilligan and Gould could write and create every TV show from now until I die.  

• Like 1

I think Kim is about to snap out of this Bonnie and Clyde shtick real quick. Or maybe she isn't given that choice. 

I always found Howard to be a complete ahole, so there was a cheer from me when he died. Reminds of some people I worked with, so no loss 🤣

Loved the episode though. Really enjoyed  it.  Going to miss this program when it ends, so clever and not predictable. And Lalo is back, can't wait to see where it ends up

21 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

I always found Howard to be a complete ahole, so there was a cheer from me when he died. Reminds of some people I worked with, so no loss 🤣

Loved the episode though. Really enjoyed  it.  Going to miss this program when it ends, so clever and not predictable. And Lalo is back, can't wait to see where it ends up

He was an ahole while at the same time I found myself feeling sympathetic toward him as the series went on, even though he was still doing ahole-ish things even in last nights episode. He is probably the most complex and best written secondary character I can think of right now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He was an ahole while at the same time I found myself feeling sympathetic toward him as the series went on, even though he was still doing ahole-ish things even in last nights episode. He is probably the most complex and best written secondary character I can think of right now. 

I could never quite feel sympathy for him. But that was down to Patrick Fabian being so good and unlikeable and the writing for letting him go there.

And still no Gene...

2 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The funny thing is that when he first started the show and got the part he was creating Howard as kind of the A hole, villain type, and the writers/creators said hey look, we hired "you” for the part, so use that, it didn’t have to be so obvious. So he became a more like able version because more of his natural persona came through. And then they really gave him various ways to explore more with the character.  I find other shows he’s in to be the same kind of thing.  Like, I want to hate him in a lot of his roles but also wanna go drink some beers and hang with him too.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DBW said:

The funny thing is that when he first started the show and got the part he was creating Howard as kind of the A hole, villain type, and the writers/creators said hey look, we hired "you” for the part, so use that, it didn’t have to be so obvious. So he became a more like able version because more of his natural persona came through. And then they really gave him various ways to explore more with the character.  I find other shows he’s in to be the same kind of thing.  Like, I want to hate him in a lot of his roles but also wanna go drink some beers and hang with him too.  

Yup. Part of it was also just the story. Chuck used Howard to keep Jimmy down, and by extension Kim. Once Chuck was gone Howard wanted to become a better person, but was still kind of your typical lawyer scumbag. 

• Like 2

Said it before, and I’ll say it now, I never understood the hatred for Howard. Yeah, he was a rich boy, and a bit of a lackey for Chuck, but anyone in a position of authority has to be a dbag from time to time and he argued for Jimmy behind the scenes.  Jimmy and Kim were way out of line going after him that hard.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DBW said:

From my perspective, I've never found Howard likeable at all; but I do like how the character became more rounded and had depth.  His grift putting the old lady in the wheelchair made me laugh; clearly learned from Jimmy and Kim on that one 😉

I felt much more Nacho

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

From my perspective, I've never found Howard likeable at all; but I do like how the character became more rounded and had depth.  His grift putting the old lady in the wheelchair made me laugh; clearly learned from Jimmy and Kim on that one 😉

I felt much more Nacho

Good point about the wheel chair.  There’s a little Jimmy/Saul in all of them. 

So I found the name of the movie Jimmy and Kim were watching....

Spoiler

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042276/

Uncouth, loud-mouth junkyard tycoon Harry Brock descends upon Washington D.C. to buy himself a congressman or two, bringing with him his mistress, ex-showgirl Billie Dawn. Brock hires newspaperman Paul Verrall to see if he can soften her rough edges and make her more presentable in capital society. But Harry gets more than he bargained for as Billie absorbs Verall's lessons in U.S. history and not only comes to the realization that Harry is nothing but a two-bit, corrupt crook, but in the process also falls in love with her handsome tutor

How crazy would it be if Kim winds up leaving Jimmy and becomes a lawyer/fixer for Lalo and the Cartel?

20 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

So I found the name of the movie Jimmy and Kim were watching....

Reveal hidden contents

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042276/

Uncouth, loud-mouth junkyard tycoon Harry Brock descends upon Washington D.C. to buy himself a congressman or two, bringing with him his mistress, ex-showgirl Billie Dawn. Brock hires newspaperman Paul Verrall to see if he can soften her rough edges and make her more presentable in capital society. But Harry gets more than he bargained for as Billie absorbs Verall's lessons in U.S. history and not only comes to the realization that Harry is nothing but a two-bit, corrupt crook, but in the process also falls in love with her handsome tutor

How crazy would it be if Kim winds up leaving Jimmy and becomes a lawyer/fixer for Lalo and the Cartel?

Spoiler

I see where you're going with this, but she's every bit corrupt as him at this point.  I'd even argue she's worse - Jimmy tried to back out on the Howard plot several times and she kept it going.  She's also the one who convinced him not to go to the police about what he knew about representing Lalo.  

• Like 2

A late Kim heel turn, somehow screwing/duping Jimmy out of Sandpiper money and bolting ABQ... I think is a plausible outcome.  Plausible, not popular.

On 5/24/2022 at 2:31 PM, UK Eagle said:

yea but everyone you work with is english and we know they're all aholes by nature.

On 5/25/2022 at 4:04 PM, Gern Blanston said:

A late Kim heel turn, somehow screwing/duping Jimmy out of Sandpiper money and bolting ABQ... I think is a plausible outcome.  Plausible, not popular.

Judging from the bling in the mansion that they were clearing out in one episode, I'd think he at least gets the Sandpiper money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

Judging from the bling in the mansion that they were clearing out in one episode, I'd think the at least gets the Sandpiper money.

good point, i agree and would add there would be no way Kim would approve. even if it was ment to keep Saul in character. 

• Like 1

Was delayed watching this weeks. Work was just garbage this week anyway, Holy crap what an ending. Agree with everything previously stated.

Just wanted to mention that at end of episode when the additional visitor showed up and it got super tense my wife asked me some asinine not important question 3 times. made me pause show, answer her, then made her realize she was wrong and which then took all the drama right out of the scene. Went back and watched again without her later. Still blown away and honestly curious where this particular scene is going 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, homerpat said:

Was delayed watching this weeks. Work was just garbage this week anyway, Holy crap what an ending. Agree with everything previously stated.

Just wanted to mention that at end of episode when the additional visitor showed up and it got super tense my wife asked me some asinine not important question 3 times. made me pause show, answer her, then made her realize she was wrong and which then took all the drama right out of the scene. Went back and watched again without her later. Still blown away and honestly curious where this particular scene is going 

Spoiler

I can't think of a scenario where Lalo is planning on letting them live, right?  Obviously we know Jimmy survives, but Kim?  I suppose he could ask them to do something to lure Gus into a trap, but Gus is too smart for that.  Cannot WAIT for the final 6 episodes.  

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 12:54 PM, wholesale_Melvin said:

yea but everyone you work with is english and we know they're all aholes by nature.

Ironically, I work with more people based in America and India than UK.  It's novel when I speak to someone in the UK; it makes me remember my company has people in the UK that aren't sales....

It's probably why I don't like Howard so much 😉

59 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Ironically, I work with more people based in America and India than UK.  It's novel when I speak to someone in the UK; it makes me remember my company has people in the UK that aren't sales....

It's probably why I don't like Howard so much 😉

f'ing AMERICANS, i'm hip to your strife, dude. Jersey...amirite?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, homerpat said:

I don't know why this is making me laugh so hard, but it is.  🤣  My blood would be boiling.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

I don't know why this is making me laugh so hard, but it is.  🤣  My blood would be boiling.  

Right?  Unless that question was either a) do you need another beer? or b) how would you like your sandwich prepared? she needs to STFU 

• Haha 2