Reagor over Jefferson

Philthy Jawn

3 minutes ago, shlo said:

I hate how they hardly show replays anymore.

On that missed pass in the endzone to Reagor, I couldn't tell if it was off target or Reagor just didn't even make a play for it. From the single replay they quickly showed, looks like it was there an Reagor looked for the ball late. Anybody with a DVER get a chance to re-watch that?

Looked like the pass was late and behind him and he cut his route more flat towards the safety than Hurts was thinking. I blame both. 

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

Jefferson was the clear choice there. Reagor isn't horrible but he isn't Special. Jefferson already is. We basically drafted a good PR in the first round. 

Imagine how pissed the raiders must be taking the bust Ruggs at what 11? 

1 hour ago, Infam said:

I'll stick with Reagor is the least of our problems. Now if you want to crap all over S. Jones, whom the forum loved oh so much, or JJAW - be my guest.

Most if not all hated both picks

Meh ok I'll admit, underwhelming. I'm not throwing in the towel on the guy but he's not a 1st round WR value it seems. 

1 hour ago, judunno said:

To be fair. The STs has been horrendous. The blocking has been terrible on KRs. Where are the lanes for these guys to run. I swear every time they do get a return there are six unblocked guys in the returners face ready to take their head off. STs used to be one of the positives what the hell happened?

Right, I can't understand why Scott is bringing them out, down the damn ball!!

1 hour ago, judunno said:

I admit I thought Jefferson was going to be mediocre. I also thought Agholor was pure garbage and shouldn't be a starter in this league. Suffice to say I don't get paid to make these decisions. Clearly I was wrong on both accounts 🙂

I thought Agholor had what it takes, unfortunately we didn't utilize him properly, I briefly looked at Jefferson and also wasn't impressed with what I saw.

Moral of the story, you have to look closely at a players skillset to see if it'll work in the NFL, and most importantly, take into consideration the competition played against. 

23 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I briefly looked at Jefferson and also wasn't impressed with what I saw.

How could you not be impressed, all the dude has done is perform in the top conference in college football and in the pros.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

How could you not be impressed, all the dude has done is perform in the top conference in college football and in the pros.

Like I said, it was nothing but a glance, I probably didn't even finish viewing the highlight reel.

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

Like I said, it was nothing but a glance, I probably didn't even finish viewing the highlight reel.

Maybe you should do more than youtube research, and listen to the people who actually watch the games.  I probably watched 8 LSU games last year, dude was the real deal then, and is the real deal now.

Reagor was a MID second rd value.

Jefferson was a Mid 1st rd value. 

JJAW was a mid 4th rd value. 

It's not Reagors fault we drafted him too high, I dont blame the kid, seems nice, and maybe he will be a great 3rd-4th option someday.  We needed a #1 or 2 at the very least, and Howie just sucks at drafting. 

52 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Maybe you should do more than youtube research, and listen to the people who actually watch the games.  I probably watched 8 LSU games last year, dude was the real deal then, and is the real deal now.

I was focused on Denzel Mims, he should have been the pick.

5 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

I sure did. Alot of us did. We were screaming on draft night to take him. 

Nobody can say definitively that Jefferson would be a stud here, or that Reagor would be mediocre on the Vikings.  Scheme and fit matter.

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Nobody can say definitively that Jefferson would be a stud here, or that Reagor would be mediocre on the Vikings.  Scheme and fit matter.

The people that didn't want him said it was because he couldn't play the outside. Well he very much can lol. 

37 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

The people that didn't want him said it was because he couldn't play the outside. Well he very much can lol. 

At least we aren't the Redskins Washington Football Team.  Rivera just cut Haskins. :lol:

38 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

At least we aren't the Redskins Washington Football Team.  Rivera just cut Haskins. :lol:

Guessing that means smith is good to go next week! Good. We need to lose lol. 

Where is Reagor's speed? He isn't separating from anyone. He actually looks slow. Howie's boy. Well, we all know JJ is balling out. I just don't know how a guy as fast as Reagor all of a sudden is NOT fast. It's worse than Markelle Fultz forgetting how to shoot. 

22 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Looked like the pass was late and behind him and he cut his route more flat towards the safety than Hurts was thinking. I blame both. 

I think Hurts is getting a little tired of Reagor's reads, there was one play where Hurts' reaction was "WTF are you doing", I think Reagor is making bad decisions on route options often.......BAD PICK!! 

PICK a REAL #1 receiver Howie  For Pete's sake how blind can you be. You NEED a TRUE #1, not these 2's and 2.5's.  Stop now and pick Right!!!  Stop pretending that we don't need to draft a true receiver high or a linebacker high   YOU DO because so far it hasn't worked out for you.

2 hours ago, nicks said:

PICK a REAL #1 receiver Howie  For Pete's sake how blind can you be. You NEED a TRUE #1, not these 2's and 2.5's.  Stop now and pick Right!!!  Stop pretending that we don't need to draft a true receiver high or a linebacker high   YOU DO because so far it hasn't worked out for you.

You tell em tiger!!

I really hope that in another year or two we can all look back at this thread the way we did with the old "Lesean McCoy is a bust" thread. That was a good one.

On 12/29/2020 at 4:28 AM, EagleVA said:

I think Hurts is getting a little tired of Reagor's reads, there was one play where Hurts' reaction was "WTF are you doing", I think Reagor is making bad decisions on route options often.......BAD PICK!! 

Yeah? What play was that? 

:rolleyes:

On 12/28/2020 at 11:32 AM, EagleVA said:

I was focused on Denzel Mims, he should have been the pick.

I was big on Mims as well. Jefferson scared me a bit due to his surrounding cast of beasts. Low and behold he is also a beast that maybe the others benefited from.

2 minutes ago, judunno said:

Jefferson scared me a bit due to his surrounding cast of beasts. Low and behold he is also a beast that maybe the others benefited from.

Yep.  Watch us draft Chase, and find out he benefited from Jefferson and is not all that.

Archived