Reagor over Jefferson

Philthy Jawn

At this point I’m done with the comparisons. We keep seeing Howie pick the wrong guy, and we keep seeing Howie get chance after chance after chance. I’m just accepting Howie stinks at drafting and the owner will never let him go. 

Yep Howie should lose his job off of this alone. What a horrible horrible decision. As EVERYONE knew it would be besides his dumb ass.

7 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Reagor sucks

There's on thing for sure, he's a clumsy runner.

Speaking of runners, what in the hell is up with Boston Scott returning kickoffs?  The best thing his sorry arse can do is down every kickoff.  

3 hours ago, Runtherock said:

Every time Reagor disappoints I flash back to the Vikings almost laughing when we drafted him. Absolutely awful. 

I still think he looks pretty good for a rookie WR. Reagor is hardly an example for a bad pick.

11 minutes ago, Infam said:

I still think he looks pretty good for a rookie WR. Reagor is hardly an example for a bad pick.

Jefferson was the clear choice there. Reagor isn't horrible but he isn't Special. Jefferson already is. We basically drafted a good PR in the first round. 

46 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Jefferson was the clear choice there. Reagor isn't horrible but he isn't Special. Jefferson already is. We basically drafted a good PR in the first round. 

BS.

Jefferson was indeed rated higher, but "clear choice" my ass. Jefferson was said to be the more ready prospect, that might end up strictly a slot. Reagor falls in the "may need time, but high ceiling"-category. We needed someone fast for the outside and Reagor might be just that. It used to be the norm that WRs got some time to make the jump to the NFL, and the exception that one would look great right away. Still after all is said and done, I wouldn't bet against Reagor to be the better player- especially if you consider how hard it is to draft speed on the outside. And yes, Reagor has that. He didn't look superfast at times, but other times you could see it. Just wait, in 2021 nobody will **** about Reagor anymore.

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

BS.

Jefferson was indeed rated higher, but "clear choice" my ass.

Well let's see. Reagor outside of a few plays has been non existent. Meanwhile Jefferson with his 1000 yard rookie season is in the discussion for ROY. And yes, Jefferson can in fact play on the outside like most of us said. 

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

and the exception that one would look great right away

You mean like the guy we could have had?

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Well let's see. Reagor outside of a few plays has been non existent. Meanwhile Jefferson with his 1000 yard rookie season is in the discussion for ROY. 

And of course everyone, including you, has seen that coming. And sure if we drafted Jefferson, he would have had the same success here. Give me a break!

1 minute ago, Infam said:

And of course everyone, including you, has seen that coming. And sure if we drafted Jefferson, he would have had the same success here. Give me a break!

I sure did. Alot of us did. We were screaming on draft night to take him. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

I sure did. Alot of us did. We were screaming on draft night to take him. 

I'll stick with Reagor is the least of our problems. Now if you want to crap all over S. Jones, whom the forum loved oh so much, or JJAW - be my guest.

I'll stick with Reagor is the least of our problems. Now if you want to crap all over S. Jones, whom the forum loved oh so much, or JJAW - be my guest.

Not saying Reagor is horrible. I'm saying Jefferson is obviously better. It was obvious to everyone except Howie. This isn't new. Look at all the receivers Howie passed on that torched us this year. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Not saying Reagor is horrible. I'm saying Jefferson is obviously better. It was obvious to everyone except Howie. 

... and me I guess. Fine, I'll hitch my wagon to Reagor then. Let's see next season who is right on this one.

... and me I guess. Fine, I'll hitch my wagon to Reagor then. Let's see next season who is right on this one.

I'd take that bet any day of the week. Jefferson is a stud receiver. Reagor is well Reagor. He's ok. 

Amazing that people are still defending the Reagor pick.  You don't draft a project WR that high.  And I'm sorry, I've seen things from him that go way beyond lack of development and maturity.  I honestly question his instincts for the game.  

31 minutes ago, Infam said:

Why?

38 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Not saying Reagor is horrible. I'm saying Jefferson is obviously better. It was obvious to everyone except Howie.

If only we had the old EMB to really see who was saying what. All I know is most mock drafts had us getting Jefferson and a majority of the EMB didn't like him. They wanted any of the "big three" but didn't want Jefferson that high because his senior year was played mostly at slot. The people that were against picking Jefferson felt he didn't project as an outside WR. Listen I spent a lot of time defending the notion of Jefferson being our guy and very few people at that time agreed with me. Now, all of a sudden, it was obvious to all of us ...

Yeah ... right ...

11 hours ago, EagleVA said:

There's on thing for sure, he's a clumsy runner.

Speaking of runners, what in the hell is up with Boston Scott returning kickoffs?  The best thing his sorry arse can do is down every kickoff.  

To be fair. The STs has been horrendous. The blocking has been terrible on KRs. Where are the lanes for these guys to run. I swear every time they do get a return there are six unblocked guys in the returners face ready to take their head off. STs used to be one of the positives what the hell happened?

4 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

If only we had the old EMB to really see who was saying what. All I know is most mock drafts had us getting Jefferson and a majority of the EMB didn't like him. They wanted any of the "big three" but didn't want Jefferson that high because his senior year was played mostly at slot. The people that were against picking Jefferson felt he didn't project as an outside WR. Listen I spent a lot of time defending the notion of Jefferson being our guy and very few people at that time agreed with me. Now, all of a sudden, it was obvious to all of us ...

Yeah ... right ...

I admit I thought Jefferson was going to be mediocre. I also thought Agholor was pure garbage and shouldn't be a starter in this league. Suffice to say I don't get paid to make these decisions. Clearly I was wrong on both accounts 🙂

20 minutes ago, Philthy Jawn said:

Amazing that people are still defending the Reagor pick.  You don't draft a project WR that high.  And I'm sorry, I've seen things from him that go way beyond lack of development and maturity.  I honestly question his instincts for the game.  

Why?

Not many receivers at that pick are finished products. There are plenty of receivers ahead of Reagor that are also getting outplayed drastically by Jefferson. They took a gamble and went a different direction last draft. Instead of banking on high production guys they went on perceived upside and athleticism (probably because of Metcalf). We'll see where that gets us in the next 2 years as these guys develop. If he looks like Whiteside next year we have a problem.

3 minutes ago, judunno said:

To be fair. The STs has been horrendous. The blocking has been terrible on KRs. Where are the lanes for these guys to run. I swear every time they do get a return there are six unblocked guys in the returners face ready to take their head off. STs used to be one of the positives what the hell happened?

The weirdest part to me is that this team is over-filled with ST "aces." We keep a lot of these guys around more for their ST value than their backup value. 

Just now, brkmsn said:

The weirdest part to me is that this team is over-filled with ST "aces." We keep a lot of these guys around more for their ST value than their backup value. 

So you're telling me we can't even evaluate special teams talent now. Man it's bad.

I hate how they hardly show replays anymore.

On that missed pass in the endzone to Reagor, I couldn't tell if it was off target or Reagor just didn't even make a play for it. From the single replay they quickly showed, looks like it was there an Reagor looked for the ball late. Anybody with a DVER get a chance to re-watch that?

Archived