Reagor over Jefferson

Philthy Jawn

Even on the punt return Reagor looked slower than I thought he was. He was drafted to provide elite speed which he has not. Im hoping he can become a polished router runner as he's def not a burner I was under the impression he was.

5 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

Even on the punt return Reagor looked slower than I thought he was. He was drafted to provide elite speed which he has not. Im hoping he can become a polished router runner as he's def not a burner I was under the impression he was.

I thought he looked plenty fast. I think it’s just his running style that doesn’t make him look as fast. You’ve got some speedsters with shorter choppy strides, and others with more smooth, long strides. I think Reagor is the latter. 

Also don’t think it’s any coincidence that he just happened to have his first big play in weeks after Hurts went in. Wentz just has not had a connection with him, plus all the balls to him that have been thrown horribly. As soon as Hurts goes in, Reagor makes a play down the field. Expect to see more of that if Doug has the sense to start Hurts the rest of the season. 

47 minutes ago, nipples said:

I thought he looked plenty fast. I think it’s just his running style that doesn’t make him look as fast. You’ve got some speedsters with shorter choppy strides, and others with more smooth, long strides. I think Reagor is the latter. 

People don't know speed when they see it. He evaporated angles on that run something lovely. Even when the kicker got in the way people couldn't catch him and he pulled away. He has great speed. Just needs some more time to develop. More time with the other Jalen will help 🙂 (J&J)

Reagor definitely was not fast, he has a big problem, he was fastest. 

However he caught zero passes. None, nada, not one pass was caught by the speedster Jalen Reagor. 

In other news, they did a review of the Draftees on the Eagles team, this team, the one that looked like they were Keystone Cops. 

There are THREE draftees contributing to the Eagles in a significant way. Just THREE since 2014 with NO 14 or 15 players at all. You cannot run an airline if you are expecting the Eagles to book flights with NO DRAFT PROGRAM. That leads to NO Passing program and generally really bad play up one side and down the other, except for the good parts of course. 

4 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Bubble screens for no gain.

Was actually reassured by Reagor. Only one catch but on that and the punt return he showed the explosiveness that we wanted.

He’s no bust. Let’s see how much he can develop.

Reagor comes in and has to deal with an injury right off the bat......then he has to deal with a struggling QB and poor play calling.  

And, of course, the idiotic fans in philly, are declaring that the eagles made a mistake......unbelievable.

I think he develops into a multi-skill weapon and he will be a big piece of the eagles offensive rebuild.

Just now, joboggi said:

However he caught zero passes. None, nada, not one pass was caught by the speedster Jalen Reagor. 

Umm... Check the stats from last night. 

Just now, joboggi said:

I did, was I blind? 

Must have been because he caught a deep ball from Hurts on the first drive after he went in for Wentz. 

Oh right, I knew that he had one 34 yard pass reception. One is not enough, and I am not blind, just forgetful this morning. That is extremely unusual. Best have some more soda

RIght it was from Hurts

2 minutes ago, joboggi said:

I did, was I blind? 

You need an eye test my friend

OK, this is a straw man. Changing the argument a little to make a point. 

The point, the Eagles have no passing program and refuse to run. 

They have just a small handful of real draftees at the moment. 

We are hoping for more to develop but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, NO MORE DRAFTING FOR HOWIE. 

Now, as part of the draft graphic they posted Pumphrey v Jones and Williams Both of whom the Eagles could have had and the Packers drafted. 

1 hour ago, joboggi said:

Oh right, I knew that he had one 34 yard pass reception. One is not enough, and I am not blind, just forgetful this morning. That is extremely unusual. Best have some more soda

RIght it was from Hurts

He also had a nice end around where he effortlessly ran away from people then you look up and he had 11 yards. Speedz.

2 hours ago, nipples said:

Agreed. He was pulling away from guys on the punt return. I think once he improves his route running, he'll be fine.

9 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I would rather have JJ and his 1,000 yards. But I don't see JJ returning punts for TD's, either.

A punt return TD is extremely rare.  The last time the Eagles had one was in 2015.  It was a great play but it's not a reason to want one WR over the other, preference is for consistently good receiving production.

I don't follow college or the combine and 40 times and all that.  But everyone said the Eagles were going after speed and needed deep threats and Reagor was their 1st round pick so the expectation was he would be a DeSean Jackson replacement...not saying he would be as fast because Jackson has incredible speed and an amazing deep threat.  

So with Reagor is it that he has speed just not elite speed, but maybe he has quickness in movements to create separation or to elude tacklers after the catch?  Meaning, does he have enough speed to be suitable or do they really need another deep threat?

Reagor looks to be mediocre. We drafted him in the 1st rd to be a playmaker at WR not a PR. Another miss my d head Howie

25 minutes ago, NOTW said:

A punt return TD is extremely rare.  The last time the Eagles had one was in 2015.  It was a great play but it's not a reason to want one WR over the other, preference is for consistently good receiving production.

From my understanding JJ was more polished and ready coming out. Reagor suffered with abysmal QB play and was rather a gamble. The QB play here has been atrocious as well thus far so hard to figure him out.

3 hours ago, nipples said:

Speed shows. We should've seen him running free a lot more at his reported fast speed.

Reagor is a strange case to me. It looked like he wasn't going that fast on the punt return, but every time I watch it,  he's clearly dusting people. He had a punter blocking him with people coming at him on angles and they still  couldn't catch him. Now, I don't believe he's a 4.2 guy, but I do believe he has a good initial burst on him. Just gotta see improvements in the receiving game.

1 hour ago, Nightwish said:

Reagor is a strange case to me. It looked like he wasn't going that fast on the punt return, but every time I watch it,  he's clearly dusting people. He had a punter blocking him with people coming at him on angles and they still  couldn't catch him. Now, I don't believe he's a 4.2 guy, but I do believe he has a good initial burst on him. Just gotta see improvements in the receiving game.

I think he's one of those guys who doesn't look as fast. 

1 hour ago, Nightwish said:

That's what I was wondering, if he's quick with his cuts and eluding tackles but maybe not the fastest straight line speed?  I am no expert on that kind of thing just wondering what people think.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think he's one of those guys who doesn't look as fast. 

Put it this way. I don't see any body running him down and in space he'll run away from people. Speeedz.... check. We lacked playmakers that could take it the distance and he appears to be capable.

Archived