Reagor over Jefferson

Philthy Jawn

Re-watched a lot of his routes and my god is he terrible right now. He flaps his arms like a bird and isn't even fast in his routes right now. WTF!! Also our WRs don't come back for the ball and that's on the coaches.

3 hours ago, nipples said:

Route running can be learned. Speed and athleticism cannot. I still have really high hopes for Reagor. 

I still can't quite believe some fans are ready to write him off already. He's flashed this year despite having terrible QB play. 

I'm sorry but Reagor doesn't have it, he should have been able to catch that long pass to the left side of the field.

Either he's slow as sheet or he just plays slow.  Those guys that play slow never change, that's the problem Conely had when he was with the Chiefs, he was a 4.3 something guy that played like a 4.5 guy, Reagor is a 4.5 guy that plays like a 4.5 guy......bad pick!!  

8 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I'm sorry but Reagor doesn't have it, he should have been able to catch that long pass to the left side of the field.

Either he's slow as sheet or he just plays slow.  Those guys that play slow never change, that's the problem Conely had when he was with the Chiefs, he was a 4.3 something guy that played like a 4.5 guy, Reagor is a 4.5 guy that plays like a 4.5 guy......bad pick!!  

lol

7 hours ago, EagleVA said:

not sure if serious 😷

3 hours ago, judunno said:

not sure if serious 😷

He's serious. He's been doubling down on his disgust for the pick since the draft. 

13 hours ago, brkmsn said:

He's serious. He's been doubling down on his disgust for the pick since the draft. 

Oh yeah, two receptions, great highlight reel.

Furthermore, all I ever did was question the 4.22 vs 4.47 speed and his tendency to run out of bounds.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

Oh yeah, two receptions, great highlight reel.

Furthermore, all I ever did was question the 4.22 vs 4.47 speed and his tendency to run out of bounds.

LOL. All you do is gripe about his speed on plays where his speed is evident. Oh no, he wasn't able to catch a pass that was 5 yards off target! He must be a slow, bad pick!!!11!

On 12/13/2020 at 9:12 PM, EagleVA said:

Give him time bro. He’s not a finished product, was not as NFL ready as Jefferson,  obviously. He strikes me as talented but raw. Raw in fielding punts, in running routes, in being a professional, precise, 💯 % effort at all times. Regarding his speed it looks to me like its there, but he coasts, turns it on when he feels the need. Kid did not have a regular camp, that probably makes a difference too. Probably will never be a big numbers guy, likely more in the Desean mode, big plays waiting to happen, but he’ll be pretty good I think ..

2 hours ago, Runtherock said:

Give him time bro. He’s not a finished product, was not as NFL ready as Jefferson,  obviously. He strikes me as talented but raw. Raw in fielding punts, in running routes, in being a professional, precise, 💯 % effort at all times. Regarding his speed it looks to me like its there, but he coasts, turns it on when he feels the need. Kid did not have a regular camp, that probably makes a difference too. Probably will never be a big numbers guy, likely more in the Desean mode, big plays waiting to happen, but he’ll be pretty good I think ..

I really don't know why fans can't give Reagor time. I know it's frustrating when Jefferson is lighting it up but Jefferson was always likely to have more of an impact this year. Jefferson was more nfl ready coming out of college. I don't think any analyst or even fan said that Reagor seemed more nfl ready. Reagor is a project, more of a raw talent but a player with a higher ceiling based on his athleticism. 

8 hours ago, Runtherock said:

Regarding his speed it looks to me like its there, but he coasts, turns it on when he feels the need. 

Yes he coasts, and when the defenders catch up to him he runs out of bounds.......not good.

9 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Yes he coasts, and when the defenders catch up to him he runs out of bounds.......not good.

Yeah, a guy who smartly avoids big hits to mitigate injuries. What a moron! We’ve literally had a big TE who falls immediately after every catch for how long now?  I’m sure you’ve been a fan of Yac Ertz. 

Reagor has plenty of speed and we will start to see more of it now with jet sweeps, crossing routes and outside passes. Hurts runs Doug’s offense better than Carson...for now. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I really don't know why fans can't give Reagor time. I know it's frustrating when Jefferson is lighting it up but Jefferson was always likely to have more of an impact this year. Jefferson was more nfl ready coming out of college. I don't think any analyst or even fan said that Reagor seemed more nfl ready. Reagor is a project, more of a raw talent but a player with a higher ceiling based on his athleticism. 

Yeah, it's probably just due to the fact that even if Reagor develops nicely and maximizes his full potential, he'll still likely never be as good as Jefferson. That coupled with the fact that most everyone had Jefferson as the higher rated player coming out of college and was a more obvious pick, adds to the sting, I think. It's not like Jefferson had injury issues like DK Metcalf or played on a team that didn't get much exposure. He was a national championship winner and a superstar on a team full of superstars. He was kind of an easy pick that we just missed on.

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Yeah, a guy who smartly avoids big hits to mitigate injuries.

If he's afraid of getting hit maybe he should have pursued Synchronized Swimming or something.

12 hours ago, brkmsn said:

LOL. All you do is gripe about his speed on plays where his speed is evident. Oh no, he wasn't able to catch a pass that was 5 yards off target! He must be a slow, bad pick!!!11!

Off target my arse, in cases like that you lay the ball out there and leave it up the the WR to go get it.

Had ne not been running 3/4 speed he would have easily caught up to that ball......that's assuming he wasn't running full speed. 

It's clear to me that you as well as many others on this board have never played a down of football in your lives.

3 hours ago, Kz! said:

Yeah, it's probably just due to the fact that even if Reagor develops nicely and maximizes his full potential, he'll still likely never be as good as Jefferson. That coupled with the fact that most everyone had Jefferson as the higher rated player coming out of college and was a more obvious pick, adds to the sting, I think. It's not like Jefferson had injury issues like DK Metcalf or played on a team that didn't get much exposure. He was a national championship winner and a superstar on a team full of superstars. He was kind of an easy pick that we just missed on.

^This.  All of this.

3 hours ago, Kz! said:

100% agree with all of this.  You are actually kind of an alright dude when not in CVON.  Don't tell anybody I said that.

6 hours ago, EagleVA said:

That ought not be the case for a #1 pick.

Hmm I'm not so sure. Sometimes you pick a guy with real upside that's got the tools but needs some development and coaching. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hmm I'm not so sure. Sometimes you pick a guy with real upside that's got the tools but needs some development and coaching. 

The only issue with that philosophy, is when you are horrible at development and coaching

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The only issue with that philosophy, is when you are horrible at development and coaching

Completely valid and fair!

7 hours ago, Kz! said:

Just another example (on a long list) of Howie thinking he is smarter than everyone else.  

39 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Just another example (on a long list) of Howie thinking he is smarter than everyone else.  

Everybody (this forum included) was of the opinion that this team needed speed. And speedy receivers were really hard to find. What he wanted was the next DJAX.

Jefferson never was that kind of guy. And despite everyone having him rated higher, nobody imagined him as a Y, either. More like a slot guy. 

Slot guys are a dime a dozen in FA, though. Young legit Y-receivers are not. So yeah, I get why we picked Reagor.. even though I agree we reached a bit.

8 hours ago, Kz! said:

5 hours ago, Philthy Jawn said:

^This.  All of this.

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

100% agree with all of this.  You are actually kind of an alright dude when not in CVON.  Don't tell anybody I said that.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Question to all of you:

If you knew in advance that the following WRs would perform like they have (we're only talking about NFL performance and not off-field issues for this case) which of these 2 WRs do you pick?

Tyreek Hill or Amari Cooper?

Archived