Reagor over Jefferson

Philthy Jawn

25 minutes ago, judunno said:

Put it this way. I don't see any body running him down and in space he'll run away from people. Speeedz.... check. We lacked playmakers that could take it the distance and he appears to be capable.

Agreed. And ultimately I don't care if he is fast or not. He just needs to produce and we can all be happy. 

50 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. And ultimately I don't care if he is fast or not. He just needs to produce and we can all be happy. 

Also depends on who is throwing to him and how he is schemed open. right now i think those are BOTH lacking to really evaluate him properly.

11 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think he's one of those guys who doesn't look as fast. 

It's because he's short and stocky. 

I don't have a strong opinion about Reagor over Jefferson, but if it does turn out that Reagor isn't as good as other guys that were available on the board then it makes another point about the Eagles drafting.  Fans will often defend a pick by saying the guy is a decent player and not a bust.  But there's another element to it:  who they didn't take instead.  Reagor may be a good player but they perhaps had a chance to get an even greater player.  

Put aside the complete busts for a moment.  There have been too many instances of the Eagles taking a player that turns out to be just a guy or a decent starter, or a guy that takes 2-3 seasons to even develop into a good player but not getting enough star, All-Pro type talent.  And I'm not even talking about hindsight here, going back to the time leading up to the draft a lot of people wanted different WRs.

Brandon Graham over Earl Thomas.  JJAW over Metcalf.  Jordan Matthews over Davante Adams.   Every team has misses, busts and regrets over a guy they could have taken.  And yes there are guys that every team passes on and they fall to the 2nd or 3rd round.  But it happens too often for the Eagles and their roster is full of too many JAGs and busts and not enough top talent.

1 hour ago, ShutDownDB said:

What the F is Reagor even doing here? 

Only think I can think of is maybe that's the route? Slow down to confuse the defensive back then speed up at the end of the route? 

40 minutes ago, Codegreen said:

Only think I can think of is maybe that's the route? Slow down to confuse the defensive back then speed up at the end of the route? 

Dunno man but I feel like thats a TD if he isn't out there jogging his route.

51 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

He just seems a very lazy route runner. I remember the Wentz pick against the cowboys where he just slowed down and the DB zipped past him to make this int. Im hoping it is all mental. I would have thought  a first round pick would be more polished with his routes. Maybe its the coaching.  He also seems to be in the wrong position on screen plays as well.  It's a little underwhelming if you ask me.

21 hours ago, NOTW said:

I don't have a strong opinion about Reagor over Jefferson, but if it does turn out that Reagor isn't as good as other guys that were available on the board then it makes another point about the Eagles drafting.  Fans will often defend a pick by saying the guy is a decent player and not a bust.  But there's another element to it:  who they didn't take instead.  Reagor may be a good player but they perhaps had a chance to get an even greater player.  

Put aside the complete busts for a moment.  There have been too many instances of the Eagles taking a player that turns out to be just a guy or a decent starter, or a guy that takes 2-3 seasons to even develop into a good player but not getting enough star, All-Pro type talent.  And I'm not even talking about hindsight here, going back to the time leading up to the draft a lot of people wanted different WRs.

Brandon Graham over Earl Thomas.  JJAW over Metcalf.  Jordan Matthews over Davante Adams.   Every team has misses, busts and regrets over a guy they could have taken.  And yes there are guys that every team passes on and they fall to the 2nd or 3rd round.  But it happens too often for the Eagles and their roster is full of too many JAGs and busts and not enough top talent.

The face of the problems. 

E914DED8-28FD-43A6-956A-9E70F8D9949F.jpeg

14 hours ago, manz2821 said:

He just seems a very lazy route runner. I remember the Wentz pick against the cowboys where he just slowed down and the DB zipped past him to make this int. Im hoping it is all mental. I would have thought  a first round pick would be more polished with his routes. Maybe its the coaching.  He also seems to be in the wrong position on screen plays as well.  It's a little underwhelming if you ask me.

You would think that kind of stuff would have shown on the tape from college. Anyways I heard on the radio that someone said the Eagles scouting department told Howie to pick Jefferson over Reagor and they also told him to pick someone other than Hurts. He disregarded them. Apparently that’s the rumor. 

https://section215.com/2020/12/03/philadelphia-eagles-justin-jefferson/

16 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

Looked like a TD regardless if Hurts sees him. DB totally ignored him. That bad route put him to sleep lol. If Hurts was left handed that's a walk in score ha.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

You would think that kind of stuff would have shown on the tape from college. Anyways I heard on the radio that someone said the Eagles scouting department told Howie to pick Jefferson over Reagor and they also told him to pick someone other than Hurts. He disregarded them. Apparently that’s the rumor. 

Ouch. I mean if this is true there is no way Howie stays. If he does then I guess the franchise is stuck with him forever. Must be nice to have a gig with no performance reviews. Smh 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

It was reported two weeks ago that Jeremy Chinn was the highest rated player on the Eagles board when they went on the clock, Howie made the decision to draft Hurts over Chinn.

Funny part, 3 days after that report came out, Jeremy Chinn had two fumble return TD's within 10 seconds of each other.

2 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

Ouch. I mean if this is true there is no way Howie stays. If he does then I guess the franchise is stuck with him forever. Must be nice to have a gig with no performance reviews. Smh 

I guess we will find out how angry the owner is supposed to be. Hopefully he sees this is all bigger than his coach and quarterback.

Just now, downundermike said:

It was reported two weeks ago that Jeremy Chinn was the highest rated player on the Eagles board when they went on the clock, Howie made the decision to draft Hurts over Chinn.

Funny part, 3 days after that report came out, Jeremy Chinn had two fumble return TD's within 10 seconds of each other.

Ugh.......

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Ugh.......

Yep, the front office ineptitude is so obvious.

If the EMB had control of the draft, strictly from memory of guys we wanted, we would have an offense with Kamara, Metcalf and Jefferson.

21 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

Yikes. I don't recall ever seeing an NFL receiver running a route like that. The only thing I can think of is that he thought it was a running play.

17 hours ago, manz2821 said:

I would have thought  a first round pick would be more polished with his routes. 

If you wanted a polished receiver Denzel Mims was your guy.

Cris Carter on the Rich Eisen show said Reagor is not a natural WR, and that's why it made no sense to draft him over JJ. He said he empathically told Howie to draft Justin.

8 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Cris Carter on the Rich Eisen show said Reagor is not a natural WR, and that's why it made no sense to draft him over JJ. He said he empathically told Howie to draft Justin.

Why is he not a natural WR? I'm not sure what Carter means by that. 

I think this team is demoralized. If we were on a hot winning streak with a confident franchise QB, Reagor probably would look a lot better. Despite some guys really crushing it, for a WR to take a year or two to really get there isn't uncommon at all anyways.

1 minute ago, Infam said:

I think this team is demoralized. If we were on a hot winning streak with a confident franchise QB, Reagor probably would look a lot better. Despite some guys really crushing it, for a WR to take a year or two to really get there isn't uncommon at all anyways.

If the QB play is even average then all our WRs look a lot better and are able to produce more.

On 12/9/2020 at 5:14 AM, ShutDownDB said:

He's wide open, if we had a left handed QB that would have been a TD and no one would complain. A better route isn't going to make rolling a right handed QB out to the left any better of an idea, that play was doomed from the start.

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Why is he not a natural WR? I'm not sure what Carter means by that. 

He's not a natural route runner, doesn't have the instincts for the position, plays like he's a RB.

Route running can be learned. Speed and athleticism cannot. I still have really high hopes for Reagor. 

I just cannot see it as a complete coincidence that he struggled with Wentz at QB then as soon as Hurts gets in he makes a play down field. And looking at that play, it’s a ball that I don’t think Wentz would have even thrown, because he only had a step on the defender. 

Archived