***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Joker is Victorious***

Agent23

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't know, still don't think he should of been in. He was a great defender for 4-5 years and a good rebounder for 2 seasons. Just think you should.be great to elite for longer then that. 

4x defensive player of the year is huge. I just pulled up Draymond as a similar defensive comp. The year before Dray won, he got 2nd overall (with the most 1st place votes) in a year where Kawhi won (while missing something like 18 games aka basically 25% of the season). Kawhi was already a finals MVP and was a known player. Draymond got the starting role over David Lee that season, which was about the only reason casual bball fans probably knew his name as that was discussed quite a bit during the year. GSW won their first finals, which nobody was certain of, and even on a 67-15 season that was talked about a ton, it was all Kerr-Curry-Klay offensive attention. So Draymond IMO should have been the winner 14-15 and won in 16-17, but this 14-15/15-16 2nd place finished don’t show up on these career accolades pages. His steals leader would match Wallace’s blocks leader. X-ray doesn’t have 2x rebounds but he’s finished seasons for league assists in: 4th, 13th, 7th, 9th, 7th. That’s 5 stellar years for a PF/C hybrid, which has to be equivalent to a big dude like Wallace being tops in rebounds. I know it’s kind of been a general belief that Dray will likely make HOF (which it’s for all basketball, not just NBA, and he had great college accolades and an olympics gold medal), partly due to a min of 3 champions plus 2 more appearances. Wallace didn’t have the same number of titles but his individual nba accolades are on par if not slightly elevated above Draymonds

image.thumb.png.89101782fd4c08be2a5df810e731768a.png

2FC2CBA9-6976-4225-9F9F-8B69DA0A3531.png

45549655-8D55-44A1-8B85-B7606AF4EF75.png

2B6608FD-850C-483D-B587-563D179417E4.png

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't know, still don't think he should of been in. He was a great defender for 4-5 years and a good rebounder for 2 seasons. Just think you should.be great to elite for longer then that. 

4x DPOY. If they had an offensive player of the year award and someone won that 4 times they’d be a shoe in. Greatest undrafted player of all time.

23 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

4x DPOY. If they had an offensive player of the year award and someone won that 4 times they’d be a shoe in. Greatest undrafted player of all time.

@Agent23 put it in better perspective. I understand now and makes sense. I kind of second guessed myself after my post to you cause the amount of blocks he had. That had me  thinking a but, I was like nah that's not enough lol. 

I knew Wallace was a monster on the boards but, did not realize he was also a monster defensively. For some reason I didn't remember that part of his game as much. I guess it's because he didn't get the spotlight to often.

Like everyone knows Dennis Rodman from all his antics and from those antics we knew the guy was an elite rebounder and defender. In a way Rodman was a genius with promoting himself even without being a big time offensive player. Every game you would hear why teams put up with his nonsense, it was always for his elite defense and rebounding. 

• Like 1

Webber getting in is more of a joke. Hall of Very Good. Dude was good for 5 years 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Webber getting in is more of a joke. Hall of Very Good. Dude was good for 5 years 

It’s also taking college into account though. I think he deserved it.

14 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

It’s also taking college into account though. I think he deserved it.

yeah, the tricky thing is HOF is all of baseketball career (which his broadcasting presence likely adds a few percentage points as well), so there is that. Melo has been considered a "lock" for like 6 years now and its basically been driven by PPG career average, career points, and winning a title in a single collegiate season. lots of All Stars, but 3-12 in playoff series

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

yeah, the tricky thing is HOF is all of baseketball career (which his broadcasting presence likely adds a few percentage points as well), so there is that. Melo has been considered a "lock" for like 6 years now and its basically been driven by PPG career average, career points, and winning a title in a single collegiate season. lots of All Stars, but 3-12 in playoff series

Melo is also arguably the greatest player all time when it comes to Team USA. They also take that into account as well.

3 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Melo is also arguably the greatest player time time when it comes to Team USA. They also take that into account as well.

Yes** meant to say his nba career with 1 championship might not be enough if they didn’t also look at basketball outside of the two mainstream areas. Huge team USA presence 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

His broadcasting is absolutely horrible and was he was let go before the playoffs. 

Melo is one of the greatest scorers the NBA has ever seen. He is a lock when his career is over and not up for debate. 

44 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Yes** meant to say his nba career with 1 championship might not be enough if they didn’t also look at basketball outside of the two mainstream areas. Huge team USA presence 

Melo is a lock. When you are 10th ALL Time in NBA scoring you are a lock. 

The biggest joke is Coach Pop not being in the Hall of Fame because he is eligible. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

The biggest joke is Coach Pop not being in the Hall of Fame because he is eligible. 

I thought Pop said a while back he wouldn’t accept going in before Tim. Maybe he waits for Manu and Parker too.

75% chance T Wolves give the pick to Warriors because they went 5 5 last 10

What a dope franchise 

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2021 at 10:12 AM, DaEagles4Life said:

Right?  No doubt he’s a flawed player, but look at where he’s at on the scoring list.  

Chris Bosh and C-Webb are 95th and 96th all-time.

27 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Right?  No doubt he’s a flawed player, but look at where he’s at on the scoring list.  

Chris Bosh and C-Webb are 95th and 96th all-time.

Bosh and Webber are jokes. Same with Big Bong Wallace. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Bosh and Webber are jokes. Same with Big Bong Wallace. 

8AF14EEB-1EC3-4DA0-91A0-85DB5F2EE64D.jpeg

?????

28 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

8AF14EEB-1EC3-4DA0-91A0-85DB5F2EE64D.jpeg

?????

Yeah, I just can’t.

Really impactful player for a 4-5 year stretch in a few really important facets of the game, but he didn’t do enough or long enough to achieve HOF status. 

Draymond just fouled LeBron going up for a dunk and LeBron is rolling around on the floor.

looks like it was an eye poke.  Lol

Draymond Green has gotten called twice for illegal picks on critical possessions.

LeBron hit a ridiculous fade-away 3 to put the Lakers up by three.  Still rubbing his eye from Draymond’s eye poke.

Update:  that was the game-winner

46 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Well, he moved to L.A. to bost his acting career.

3 minutes into the second half the Lakers were already in the bonus - I knew right then they would win.  I went to bed. 

8 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

LeBron hit a ridiculous fade-away 3 to put the Lakers up by three.  Still rubbing his eye from Draymond’s eye poke.

Update:  that was the game-winner

while the make by LeBron has an element of "luck" to it, that's still a shot guys like him have practiced thousands and thousands of times in their career, so there is also an element of skill to it so I can't even be mad.