Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

39 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

In a hands of Siriani, Hurts is a terrible QB...Because SIRI CAN NOT COACH. He has proven it. Take SIRI OUT. Get some talent on this team. AND HURTS CAN MANAGE A GAME.. with the right coach.

Everyone stop blaming QB for every fault that Siri, Lurie, and Howie brought to this team..long before Hurts was even drafted.

I agree to an extent. I think Hurts is a part of the problem and he's not helping but yeah I do think Sirianni is the bigger issue there. He's not a good HC and I don't think he can help develop any of these players let alone a young QB.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I agree to an extent. I think Hurts is a part of the problem and he's not helping but yeah I do think Sirianni is the bigger issue there. He's not a good HC and I don't think he can help develop any of these players let alone a young QB.

Exactly! One can not become a good NFL QB in the absence of development and support. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE behind a terrible offensive line, and a retarded coach , is NOT a strategy for winning in the NFL. All I know is that between last year and this one, Eagles did Hurts No favors. Siri Sucks and the ultimate responsibility for the lack of game planning is squarely on his shoulders. Put any QB on the Eagles roster in there, with SIRI game plan, and the results will be almost identical. Draft a top of the round QB next year, give him no run support, no development, Siri game plan, and the results will be the same.

3 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Exactly! One can not become a good NFL QB in the absence of development and support. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE behind a terrible offensive line, and a retarded coach , is NOT a strategy for winning in the NFL. All I know is that between last year and this one, Eagles did Hurts No favors. Siri Sucks and the ultimate responsibility for the lack of game planning is squarely on his shoulders.

To be honest I don't think either has a future in the NFL (not as a HC or starting QB) but I will say I'm more out on Sirianni than I am Hurts. And FWIW I'm out on both of them. Sirianni sucks, hurts is struggling and neither is able to help the other. 

4 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

In a hands of Siriani, Hurts is a terrible QB...Because SIRI CAN NOT COACH. He has proven it. Take SIRI OUT. Get some talent on this team. AND HURTS CAN MANAGE A GAME.. with the right coach.

Everyone stop blaming QB for every fault that Siri, Lurie, and Howie brought to this team..long before Hurts was even drafted.

Hurts sucked last year too.  So we want a no talent 6 foot noodle arm qb who can’t read the field to get a chance with 3 different head coaches before we admit he shouldn’t be playing?  

One more bad game and I'm ready to pull the plug on Hurts.  He may someday become a steady backup QB, but right now he's not good enough.

If Hurts shows no improvement today, Put Minshew in next week. 

Still think much of the problem stems (flower metaphorfrom terrible coaching and a complete ignorance of the obvious benefits a run game provides.

4 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Exactly! One can not become a good NFL QB in the absence of development and support. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE behind a terrible offensive line, and a retarded coach , is NOT a strategy for winning in the NFL. All I know is that between last year and this one, Eagles did Hurts No favors. Siri Sucks and the ultimate responsibility for the lack of game planning is squarely on his shoulders. Put any QB on the Eagles roster in there, with SIRI game plan, and the results will be almost identical. Draft a top of the round QB next year, give him no run support, no development, Siri game plan, and the results will be the same.

Offensive line has been fine, and the play calling has receivers open.

The two biggest problems are a QB that is limited in what parts of the field he can throw to, and who feels pressure that is not there and bails the pocket early when there is no need to.  These are issue Hurts has had since college, and has shown zero improvement.  

You will be shocked when you see the difference in the offense when Minshew gets on the field.  Well, the offense will be the same, it will just be a capable QB running it.

Hurts will probably play well today, but we'll have to hear the Hurts haters and Minshew cockchokers dismiss the performance because of the opponent.

716541632_Cantwait.gif.6f5413d02a4eade31c7a8376e95a1f5e.gif

6 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE behind a terrible offensive line

Uh the O line has been fine. 

2 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Hurts will probably play well today, but we'll have to hear the Hurts haters and Minshew cockchokers dismiss the performance because of the opponent.

716541632_Cantwait.gif.6f5413d02a4eade31c7a8376e95a1f5e.gif

What do you call those of us that don't really want either? Realists? And I thought we were going with Minshew Munchers?

42 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

What do you call those of us that don't really want either? Realists? And I thought we were going with Minshew Munchers?

I'm with you, I don't give a sheet about either one of them. I want to see what the offense looks like with someone else to get those answers but, other then that meh on both of them

38 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

This game would be a good one to start trusting his Oline and staying in the pocket

Lions DL is getting zero pressure really. The only pressure they are get is if they blitz.

On 10/26/2021 at 7:19 PM, GeorgeM37 said:

hmmm...but why the Panthers?

Because they have darn old Darnold stinking up their team.

His lack of comfort looking down field to his left and moving left in general scares me.  Literally everything he does is to his right. 

Finally they took the ball out of his hands, but he still made an impact to keep drives moving. This is really what Hurts should be right now. Don’t put too much on the guy while he’s being developed. 

32 minutes ago, MagicMoment said:

His lack of comfort looking down field to his left and moving left in general scares me.  Literally everything he does is to his right. 

He's awful. He will never win in this league consistently without using 2/3 of the field.

21 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Finally they took the ball out of his hands, but he still made an impact to keep drives moving. This is really what Hurts should be right now. Don’t put too much on the guy while he’s being developed. 

Exactly this. They clearly won't have that kind of success every week, but he played his part in keeping the drives moving with his arm and legs in a dominant running display.

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Exactly this. They clearly won't have that kind of success every week, but he played his part in keeping the drives moving with his arm and legs in a dominant running display.

Hurts isn’t going to be a finished product after 12 career starts. They have to be patient with him. He’s a second round pick and not some 1st round pedigree. Most of the people who are mercilessly trashing Hurts made excuse after excuse for Wentz for years so there’s clearly a bias there. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Hurts isn’t going to be a finished product after 12 career starts. They have to be patient with him. He’s a second round pick and not some 1st round pedigree. Most of the people who are mercilessly trashing Hurts made excuses after excuse for Wentz for years so there’s clearly a bias there. 

He always was a developmental QB, but to have a chance he needs Siriani to stop asking him to be 85% of the offense.

Yes I agree. He is our QB now, but some people clearly want him to fail, although they wouldn't admit it.

Be interesting to see if we get another Bench Hurts thread after a 44-6 win.

1 minute ago, ManchesterEagle said:

He always was a developmental QB, but to have a chance he needs Siriani to stop asking him to be 85% of the offense.

Yes I agree. He is our QB now, but some people clearly want him to fail, although they wouldn't admit it.

Be interesting to see if we get another Bench Hurts thread after a 44-6 win.

You know the underlining hate will always be there for Hurts regardless. It took some of them to start up by week 2. They have been licking their chops to show off their hate. This game isn’t going to stop them. 

Hurts is a good complimentary QB, he can keep the chains moving and the defense on its heels.

But he cannot be the focal point of a pass heavy offense, doesn't have the talent for that.

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

Hurts is a good complimentary QB, he can keep the chains moving and the defense on its heels.

But he cannot be the focal point of a pass heavy offense, doesn't have the talent for that.

I think we all agree to that which made it even more confusing as to why the Eagles put so much on him. He’s not that kind of quarterback. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think we all agree to that which made it even more confusing as to why the Eagles put so much on him. He’s not that kind of quarterback. 

Yeah it's really strange. And to be honest never made any sense. I mean I get that they wanted to test him, to see what he can handle but you need to do that in a smart way. You can't twist things so much that he's not running a remotely nfl style offense. 

13 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah it's really strange. And to be honest never made any sense. I mean I get that they wanted to test him, to see what he can handle but you need to do that in a smart way. You can't twist things so much that he's not running a remotely nfl style offense. 

You aren’t going to find out what he can or can’t do by running unrealistic football. In many ways this game is also unrealistic football too as they just kept running the darn thing. I like that they threw some from under center today. It’s part of his development. He has to throw from the pocket.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

You aren’t going to find out what he can or can’t do by running unrealistic football. In many ways this game is also unrealistic football too as they just kept running the darn thing. I like that they threw some from under center today. It’s part of his development. He hast to throw from the pocket.

I mean I'm not going to complain that they ran it so much today. They took what the defense gave them and if they do that every week then that's fine. Some weeks you'll need to run more, other weeks you'll need to be pass heavy. I don't mind the fluctuation as long as the run isn't just forgotten about. 

Archived