Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

8 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Because Wentz is a real QB and Hurts isn't. 

So if replaced the vegan cheese for real cheese on our gluten free pizza we'd have an award winning pie....lol!

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Thing3 said:

So if replaced the vegan cheese for real cheese on our gluten free pizza we'd have an award winning pie....lol!

So you don't think QB is one of the most important position in football? You can't win anything without at least a good one. 

12 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

Drafting Hurts started the mess, Doug’s offense with 27 advisers, plus arguing with Howie, killed the team from the top down combined with Wentz’s poor play to the GB game.  Not to mention the garbage roster where T. Fulgham was the best receiver on the team for 5 weeks, and the 12 different O line combos, Alshon snd DJax checking out.  It was a Perfect Storm of ineptitude caused by Howie Roseman and Jeffrey Lurie, that has continued to poison this season as well. 

This right here!!!!!

I thought Hurts played alright today in bad circumstances. The defense was atrocious and the O-line was pretty bad. No one did him any favors.

17 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

So you don't think QB is one of the most important position in football? You can't win anything without at least a good one. 

I agree QB is one of the most important positions but Wentz would only make this team marginally better this year. Then what happens the following year when Wentz is a FA? This team was more than a good QB and a year or two away from being competitive. That's why I fail to see why having him here instead of Hurtz changes much of anything. It's not that I think Wentz is bad or Hurtz is good. Right now I think the whole team stinks, we knew it would stink and it's probably going to stink for a a couple more years no matter who the QB is.

18 minutes ago, Thing3 said:

I agree QB is one of the most important positions but Wentz would only make this team marginally better this year. Then what happens the following year when Wentz is a FA? This team was more than a good QB and a year or two away from being competitive. That's why I fail to see why having him here instead of Hurtz changes much of anything. It's not that I think Wentz is bad or Hurtz is good. Right now I think the whole team stinks, we knew it would stink and it's probably going to stink for a a couple more years no matter who the QB is.

If anything it puts us into a better position to rebuild because we don't have his albatross of a contract. He didn't want to be here anyway so it doesn't make much of a difference anyway. With how little time Hurts has had in the pocket most of the time Wentz would've had a sack/fumble problem again and we would've been in the same exact position as last year. 

Unless if Wentz magically made Siri a better playcaller somehow I consider it pretty much a wash at this point. 

I’ve been advocating for him, hoping to see at least marginal improvement week to week. Something to hang the hat on so to speak. Instead I see regression since Week 1 and every week that followed. This guy doesn’t have "it.” If he was even in Kirk Cousins or Ryan Tannehill territory I’d say keep it rolling and see what happens. He’s not. No arm strength + no accuracy + bonehead decisions = lifer backup. And that’s ok, the league needs those too but it’s time to take a mustache ride and give Minshew an audition to see if he’s worth keeping around next year as a bridge to our 2023 draft. I mean ideally, I’d wait until 2024 for Caleb Williams but that’s a long commitment to patience. 

7 hours ago, Damanick10 said:

Rent is past due.... Hurts needs to watch his credit.

Howie's Eviction Moratorium is all that is keeping him under roof now.

So....I agree with everyone that Howie is, was and will be their biggest issue.  I was hopeful that Hurts could be a number 1, starting QB in this league.....that hope has been replaced with a hope of Howie driving Hurts to the airport, and Howie's car suddenly driving off the Walt Whitman bridge.

I love how Eagles fans are arguing over the QB position being why we aren't competitive, when our defense goes out nearly every week and gets torched 😄

16 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't know anything about Oline but just a guess that going from left to right and back a lot isn't the preferred thing

He’s also nursing an injury. He was limping/wobbling back into the locker room after the game. He looks like he’s in a lot of pain. 

1 hour ago, MF POON said:

I love how Eagles fans are arguing over the QB position being why we aren't competitive, when our defense goes out nearly every week and gets torched 😄

They get torched because the offense can't sustain any drives and the defense gets gassed in the 1st half when the time of possession is so lop-sided. And then when the other team doesn't care they allow our offense to put up some garbage time drives at the end of games. The defense isn't the greatest in the league, but it definitely isn't as bad as we have currently seen in games. It is almost like our defense is playing against a Derrick Henry led offense every week. Worn down and gassed in the 1st half.

4 minutes ago, Devaster said:

hey get torched because the offense can't sustain any drives and the defense gets gassed in the 1st half when the time of possession is so lop-sided.

Possesions after the opening TD

8 plays 22 yards 3:45

9 plays 26 yards 5:10

1 play 4 yards 0:04

1 play end of half : 02

4 plays -10 yards 2:47

Removing end of half, after the opening score

22 plays 42 yards 11:58 TOP 

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Possesions after the opening TD

8 plays 22 yards 3:45

9 plays 26 yards 5:10

1 play 4 yards 0:04

1 play end of half : 02

4 plays -10 yards 2:47

Removing end of half, after the opening score

22 plays 42 yards 11:58 TOP 

Your obsession is with Hurts as always, but you think this is acceptable or helps?

Raiders drives from the start of the game.

14 plays 86 yards - 6.22 - Interception.

10 plays 72 yards - 4.40 - Touchdown

11 plays 96 yards - 4.26 - Touchdown

7 plays 19 yards - 1.32 - Field Goal

8 plays 56 yards - 3.12 - Touchdown

8 plays 50 yards - 2.46 - Touchdown.

Of the drives you have cherry picked for Hurts, 1 Gainwell fumbled and the other was a kneel down. He was moving the ball fine on the 3rd possession, but then Dickerson false started and that put them in 3rd and long and the protection broke down.  But yeah he had 3 drives which didn't end in scores, but he at least picked up some first downs on 2 of them. 

I'm not saying he played well, he didn't but the D never gave him a chance. The D was the bigger problem on Sunday.

20 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I'm not saying he played well, he didn't but the D never gave him a chance. The D was the bigger problem on Sunday.

He could have helped the D out by sustaining drives.  Completing 52% of your passes does not help the D.

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He could have helped the D out by sustaining drives.  Completing 52% of your passes does not help the D.

As I said he wasn't good, but he really only had the touchdown drive and two more before the game got out of hand. First drive - 8 plays 22 yards - punt. Second drive he had them down at the Vegas 37 and then Dickerson false started on a manageable 3rd and 3 (where they probably get two cracks at the first down there). After that Gainwell fumbled straight away and next time he got the ball he was down 24-7 and the game was already out of hand.

He needs to be better (and he may not be good enough), but the D was the main problem on Sunday.

9 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

but the D was the main problem on Sunday.

Eagles gave up the same 33 points that the Ravens D did to the Raiders.  Do you think our defense is as good as the Ravens ??

27 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Eagles gave up the same 33 points that the Ravens D did to the Raiders.  Do you think our defense is as good as the Ravens ??

You’re cherry picking again, but I’ll play.

Raiders punted their first four drives.

Raiders only scored 10 points in the first 3 quarters. They also had overtime to score 6 points and Darren Waller.

I’m ready to see Minshew the savior. Bring him in. When the team still sucks remember it’s all his fault. 

4 hours ago, MF POON said:

I don't see anyone absolving the defense. This also happens to be a thread intended specifically for talk about Hurts.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m ready to see Minshew the savior. Bring him in. When the team still sucks remember it’s all his fault. 

I would rather keep the 5th rounder and just continue with Hurts.

They are not competing this year, why not build up more equity for next year?

6 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

I would rather keep the 5th rounder and just continue with Hurts.

They are not competing this year, why not build up more equity for next year?

Everyone keeps telling me he’s the answer so let’s see the great Minshew do his thing. 

5 hours ago, MF POON said:

42 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I don't see anyone absolving the defense. This also happens to be a thread intended specifically for talk about Hurts.

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

This is a thread talking about Hurts, but you can't ignore the rest of the team.

Hurts is not playing well at the moment, but he is not being helped by poor O-Line play and his coach not calling a balanced game.

He's a young QB and in most games, he's has to watch as the D slowly gives up long scoring drives to the point that he has to chase the game. Not what you want a young QB having to do. 

Archived