Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

56 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well that’s not new. A lot of players used to do that and those guys had huge rocks in their ears. 

While it may not be new it is crazy, what if someone grabs a facemask that causes the back of the earring that protrudes to get caught on the padding and rips through their earlobe. 

I don't think wearing any type of jewelry has a place in football......but pretty boys will try to look pretty.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

While it may not be new it is crazy, what if someone grabs a facemask that causes the back of the earring that protrudes to get caught on the padding and rips through their earlobe. 

I don't think wearing any type of jewelry has a place in football......but pretty boys will try to look pretty.

Lawrence Taylor used to wear one. I don’t think anyone ever tried to call him a pretty boy. 

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Lawrence Taylor used to wear one. I don’t think anyone ever tried to call him a pretty boy. 

Being a pretty boy is what one thinks of himself and he was a pretty boy for sure, that's what the earring is all bout, trying to draw attention to yourself.

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The crazy throw jump thing he did against the Lions looked pretty silly though. He was well past the LOS when he did it. His stepping out of bounds rather than throwing it away just shows how poor his awareness is. He got bailed out on it though. Let’s be honest he didn’t do that on purpose. 

I'm not so sure about that. I've seen other QBs do that. In the moment, in that split second, does the defensive player know 100% he's beyond the LOS? It's still human nature to react right? If I tell you I'm going to throw my fist towards you but I won't make contact are you sure you wouldn't still react? 😃

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Being a pretty boy is what one thinks of himself and he was a pretty boy for sure, that's what the earring is all bout, trying to draw attention to yourself.

Doesn’t prevent the player from being good. Kind of a strange thing to be annoyed about. Players have worn earrings for years now. 

14 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not so sure about that. I've seen other QBs do that. In the moment, in that split second, does the defensive player know 100% he's beyond the LOS? It's still human nature to react right? If I tell you I'm going to throw my fist towards you but I won't make contact are you sure you wouldn't still react? 😃

I don’t think he needed to jump to get a reaction. Just a pump fake would do that. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t think he needed to jump to get a reaction. Just a pump fake would do that. 

Ah yeah OK I see what you're saying there. Yeah that's probably fair. 

13 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Most QBs  literally just crossed the line of scrimmage and do a fake like that. Hurts ran for a good 15 yards then did a jump fake pass. Let's face it the Eagles have a lot of in the moment low IQ players. Derek Barnett is their leader

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Most QBs  literally just crossed the line of scrimmage and do a fake like that. Hurts ran for a good 15 yards then did a jump fake pass. Let's face it the Eagles have a lot of in the moment low IQ players. Derek Barnett is their leader

Most of these guys Howie drafted. Doesn’t seem like that will change anytime soon. 

51 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Most of these guys Howie drafted. Doesn’t seem like that will change anytime soon. 

Well he is also pretty dumb lol

On 11/1/2021 at 11:59 AM, downundermike said:

Solved the Jalen Hurts problem.  Just be like Navy, Army and Airforce, run 40+ times and have the QB attempt 12 passes.  I am sure that will work well in the NFL.

it would, get the players you need for that, save 30 million on the QB spot.  other teams are built to stop the pass.   there is a tremendous amount of innovation that could be done with running.    What's the run equivalent of the empty set,  as many little wrs as possible? 

19 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

it would, get the players you need for that, save 30 million on the QB spot.  other teams are built to stop the pass.   there is a tremendous amount of innovation that could be done with running.    What's the run equivalent of the empty set,  as many little wrs as possible? 

The quadruple option with 4 QB's in the back field. Fake the dive, fake the handoff right, fake the pitch left, Hurts keeps it! The defense wouldn't know wtf to do but it'd probably still end up being a 3 yard loss. Best part is Howie can continue drafting QB's in the 2nd round for the factory!:lol:

15 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

The quadruple option with 4 QB's in the back field. Fake the dive, fake the handoff right, fake the pitch left, Hurts keeps it! The defense wouldn't know wtf to do but it'd probably still end up being a 3 yard loss. Best part is Howie can continue drafting QB's in the 2nd round for the factory!:lol:

Taking us back to before the forward pass was invented but,  it's innovative  never been done! 🤣🤣🤣 

Bring Ronnie brown out of retirement and let's run the wildcat! That worked well for 1 year

On 11/2/2021 at 11:24 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well he is also pretty dumb lol

Hey Howie is the smartest guy in the room just let him tell you. QB Factory!!! 😂🤣😂

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Hey Howie is the smartest guy in the room just let him tell you. QB Factory!!! 😂🤣😂

Can't wait to give him a high five for a pick I didn't want lol

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Can't wait to give him a high five for a pick I didn't want lol

Everyone keeps saying this is a weak QB draft class so obviously that is a number on priority for Howie. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Everyone keeps saying this is a weak QB draft class so obviously that is a number on priority for Howie. 

Well you know who's draft was supposedly a weak QB draft but, according to Howie the Mahomes draft was the weak one lol

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well you know who's draft was supposedly a weak QB draft but, according to Howie the Mahomes draft was the weak one lol

He was throwing everything this off-season at Watson too. Now there is rumors the Eagles will pursue Russell Wilson in the off-season. Yeah nothing will fix this squad like giving up all the draft capital for basically one guy. 

On 11/1/2021 at 1:57 PM, EagleVA said:

Yeah, and T.O. wore earrings too, and there's still Philly fans that slob over him and crap on McNabb to this day.  I swear, we have the whiniest fanbase in existence.

4 hours ago, MF POON said:

Yeah, and T.O. wore earrings too, and there's still Philly fans that slob over him and crap on McNabb to this day.  I swear, we have the whiniest fanbase in existence.

Wearing an earring has nothing to do with how good or bad a player is or will be. EagleVA is having one of those old man "Get off my lawn!” moments. 

On 11/3/2021 at 7:43 PM, EazyEaglez said:

He was throwing everything this off-season at Watson too. Now there is rumors the Eagles will pursue Russell Wilson in the off-season. Yeah nothing will fix this squad like giving up all the draft capital for basically one guy. 

A great QB works better than safety, defensive end, and whatever else we draft with those picks. A great QB fixes almost everything that makes this team awful, or any team for that matter

6 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

A great QB works better than safety, defensive end, and whatever else we draft with those picks. A great QB fixes almost everything that makes this team awful, or any team for that matter

They had a greater quarterback last season and they won 4 games. 🤷‍♂️ It should also be noted when the Seahawks had the Legion of Boom, and all that talent they went to back to back Super Bowls. When they had to dump all that talent, cause they had to pay Wilson they haven’t come close again. 

On 11/3/2021 at 11:27 AM, EaglesfanfromND said:

Yes, something like that.  I would think though that the dive comes first,  then misdirection left,  then a speed option with Hurts and a back.

Of course,  you have have ends who could be included (end around),  and there is no rule against the OL running the ball or throwing the ball.

On 11/5/2021 at 1:55 PM, EazyEaglez said:

They had a greater quarterback last season and they won 4 games. 🤷‍♂️ It should also be noted when the Seahawks had the Legion of Boom, and all that talent they went to back to back Super Bowls. When they had to dump all that talent, cause they had to pay Wilson they haven’t come close again. 

Dump the talent or they aged out??? I'm pretty sure most of them got too old to keep going on that level. 

2 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Dump the talent or they aged out??? I'm pretty sure most of them got too old to keep going on that level. 

By the third year they were already in contract haggles with many of their defensive players. No matter how you slice it that team hasn’t been as good since they paid Wilson.

Archived