Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

3 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I agree 100%, but it doesn't mean I don't prefer him over Hurts.  Hell, I'd prefer damn near any other starting QB over Hurts. (maybe not Tua).  

You need to get a new schtick.  The one you use is old and tired.

Your mangina doesn’t need to go mad anytime I mention your god. Plenty of people criticize that guy other than me. Many of us don’t want him back either. Grow up.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I agree 100%, but it doesn't mean I don't prefer him over Hurts.  Hell, I'd prefer damn near any other starting QB over Hurts. (maybe not Tua).  

You need to get a new schtick.  The one you use is old and tired.

NFL quarterback rankings 2021 - How all 32 teams' QBs stack up and weekly big takeaways (espn.com)

16 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Here's a transcript:

"To blame this game on Jalen Hurts is insane. Yes, he missed a couple of passes… but that kid is getting better and better,” Reese said. "They criticize him for not being accurate enough in the pocket, but he put that ball into some small windows to DeVonta Smith. He threw bull’s-eyes. Then to see the athleticism. … He did amazing things and then he takes the blame in the locker room. He has a great attitude, he’s a great leader. I think this kid has a very high ceiling that if you’re patient and you realize he’s only started 13 games, he’s going to be just fine.”

32 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Interesting list. Allen, Jackson, and Murray all in the top 5 and Hurts raked higher than Wentz. The beanbagers will definitely reject this. 

I don't really care about trying to compare and differentiate between two QB's that definitively are not good enough (Hurts and Wentz and anyone outside of the top 15 on the list)

31 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Interesting list. Allen, Jackson, and Murray all in the top 5 and Hurts raked higher than Wentz. The beanbagers will definitely reject this. 

The Eagles are currently #11 in points scored.

The passing is about average, and Hurts running is #2 in the NFL after Lamar.

The quick look at the headlines shows that Hurts is doing a fine job.

Hurts would be very cheap, signed through 2023.  Stay the course.

Eagles Points For

2021 - #11
2020 - #26
2019 - #12
2018 - #18
2017 - #3
2016 - #16
2015 - #13

24 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I don't really care about trying to compare and differentiate between two QB's that definitively are not good enough (Hurts and Wentz and anyone outside of the top 15 on the list)

Well the thing is some are acting like there’s no hope for Hurts and things would be so much better if the other guy was still here. Meanwhile Hurts is operating under a new scheme with a coach learning on the job. People are trashing this this kid, and frankly it way too soon to tell. Ironically everyone who is so empathetic right now that Hurts is the only problem cried about everyone on this team but the quarterback for the last three years. This is part of a rebuilding process. 

14 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

Eagles Points For

2021 - #11
2020 - #26
2019 - #12
2018 - #18
2017 - #3
2016 - #16
2015 - #13

11th in points scored with some will say the worst quarterback in NFL history (it seems that way considering how some of these beanbaggers keep crying) isn’t too bad. Imagine how good things could be if Hurts truly turns the corner. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well the thing is some are acting like there’s no hope for Hurts and things would be so much better if the other guy was still here. Meanwhile Hurts is operating under a new scheme with a coach learning on the job. People are trashing this this kid, and frankly it way too soon to tell. Ironically everyone who is so empathetic right now that Hurts is the only problem cried about everyone on this team but the quarterback for the last three years. This is part of a rebuilding process. 

I would say that with Hurts as QB,  the Eagles are scoring more points than any year except the Super Bowl year.

Eagles Points For

2021 - #11
2020 - #26
2019 - #12
2018 - #18
2017 - #3
2016 - #16
2015 - #13

I don't see any problems with Hurts.

Top tier running + mid tier passing = top 1/3rd points scored.

Wentz is the one who costs 30 Million, and the Eagles had to give up a lot to get that 1/2 pick.

Hurts just cost a 2d round pick and almost no money per year. 

Dump the data into the computer and you'll see that Jalen Hurts is doing great.  A top 10 pick should do better than a 2nd round pick.  If you go with a 2nd round pick,  you have resources to spend on other positions.  A QB getting paid 30 Million should do better than a QB getting paid 1 Million.  If you go with the 1 Million QB,  you have 30 Million to spend on other positions.

11th best at scoring points is good.  20th best at preventing points from being scored is not good.  Keep the QB,  take the resources and spend them on other positions.  Try to get that 20th ranked defense up to 11, where the offense is.   

43 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

Eagles Points For

2021 - #11
2020 - #26
2019 - #12
2018 - #18
2017 - #3
2016 - #16
2015 - #13

Do you not understand many of our points come in junk time when the game is already out of hand????

Like how is this so hard to understand? When you are down 21+ in the late 3rd quarter, you get prevent defenses.

2 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Do you not understand many of our points come in junk time when the game is already out of hand????

Do you think that’s what happened Sunday? 

17 minutes ago, toolg said:

Without looking at the list, I'd say Hurts is somewhere in the middle. Spoiler alert:

Reveal hidden contents

As of Nov. 3 he's #17, up one from #18. Exactly what I thought.

So middle of the pack for a quarterback with 13 career starts is bad????

4 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Do you not understand many of our points were despite our HC not running the ball at all which caused our offense to be completely out of whack?

Do you think that’s what happened Sunday? 

No starting corners and 32nd ranked run defense and struggled overall. 

3 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

and the data you use to support this one liner is where? 

Seems like you're just making it up.

The Eagles are scoring points better than any year since the Super Bowl year.   Wentz only did better than 11 one time.

5 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

I would say that with Hurts as QB,  the Eagles are scoring more points than any year except the Super Bowl year.

Eagles Points For

2021 - #11
2020 - #26
2019 - #12
2018 - #18
2017 - #3
2016 - #16
2015 - #13

This actually isn’t too bad considering how ineffective this offense looked for stretches running that woeful offense Sirianni was putting out there coupled with the fact teams we’re killing us in TOP with big time rush numbers and quarterbacks completing over 80% against us. Since Hurts is the worst quarterback to ever play football shouldn’t the Eagles be last? 

6 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Like how is this so hard to understand? When you are down 21+ in the late 3rd quarter, you get prevent defenses.

You can't reason with the Hurts Huggers. They are going down with the ship.

2 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

No starting corners and 32nd ranked run defense and struggled overall. 

You love to move the needle. 😂🤣😂

Just now, Perforator said:

You can't reason with the Hurts Huggers. They are going down with the ship.

I’m an Eagles fan. Hurts is the starting quarterback of the Philadelphia Eagles. Who do you support?

3 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

and the data you use to support this one liner is where? 

Seems like you're just making it up.

The Eagles are scoring points better than any year since the Super Bowl year.   Wentz only did better than 11 one time.

Psst don’t mention Wentz in a negative way. The beanbaggers get mad when people do. 😂🤣😂

This actually isn’t too bad considering how ineffective this offense looked for stretches running that woeful offense Sirianni was putting out there coupled with the fact teams we’re killing us in TOP with big time rush numbers and quarterbacks completing over 80% against us. Since Hurts is the worst quarterback to ever play football shouldn’t the Eagles be last? 

You're clearly making jokes there.  #11 is better than the Eagles have done in other years, not counting the Super Bowl year.

The problem is that the Eagles generally did better than 20 defense in that time period.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Your mangina doesn’t need to go mad anytime I mention your god. Plenty of people criticize that guy other than me. Many of us don’t want him back either. Grow up.

You try hard, yet you fail ALOT.  Better luck next time.

4 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

You're clearly making jokes there.  #11 is better than the Eagles have done in other years, not counting the Super Bowl year.

The problem is that the Eagles generally did better than 20 defense in that time period.

You know the funny thing is Carson’s 2nd lowest completion percentage for a season was 2017. That percentage is lower than Jalen’s current completion percentage and again according to the beanbaggers he isn’t even a quarterback. 

Archived