Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

5 hours ago, MF POON said:

I love how Eagles fans are arguing over the QB position being why we aren't competitive, when our defense goes out nearly every week and gets torched 😄

and you wonder why the dumpster fire teams like jets and jags never win because they focus just on qbs and not the other areas of the team which we cannot do.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

As I said he wasn't good, but he really only had the touchdown drive and two more before the game got out of hand. First drive - 8 plays 22 yards - punt. Second drive he had them down at the Vegas 37 and then Dickerson false started on a manageable 3rd and 3 (where they probably get two cracks at the first down there). After that Gainwell fumbled straight away and next time he got the ball he was down 24-7 and the game was already out of hand.

He needs to be better (and he may not be good enough), but the D was the main problem on Sunday.

False.  His left knee was clearly down.  Not that it would have mattered.

23 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Everyone keeps telling me he’s the answer so let’s see the great Minshew do his thing. 

Nobody thinks he's "the answer."  I would just like to see how he functions under Siri, and hopefully be able to evaluate the rest of the skill position players with a game manager who can make throws other than outside the right hash, on time and with better accuracy.

26 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Everyone keeps telling me he’s the answer so let’s see the great Minshew do his thing. 

That is because this is Philadelphia - the most popular guy is the always the backup QB.

Hurts is going to be on the bench soon. Siri is as guilty as Hurts is as far as this shi_t_t_y offense goes. Siri gets to blame the QB and make a change, then prays his butt off Mr. M can run this pee wee football offense. It's a lose lose situation.

I really don't understand this whole sending Hurts to the bench. Again they are not going to the playoffs, winning games means losing draft position and if Minshew play 50% of the snaps in 3 games that 6th becomes a 5th.

So people want Minshew in for what exactly? He is not the future here in Philly and it accomplishes nothing.

The most logical thing is to ride Hurts the entire year. Either things will turn around and he can become the franchise or he will suck, they will lose games and get higher picks in the draft.

46 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

This is a thread talking about Hurts, but you can't ignore the rest of the team.

Hurts is not playing well at the moment, but he is not being helped by poor O-Line play and his coach not calling a balanced game.

He's a young QB and in most games, he's has to watch as the D slowly gives up long scoring drives to the point that he has to chase the game. Not what you want a young QB having to do. 

I’m just repeating what I’m being told. Everything will just be great once Minshew is out there. 

40 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

That is because this is Philadelphia - the most popular guy is the always the backup QB.

I don’t know. Once Minshew is the starter wil, the haters love Hurts? 🤔 Most of the Hurts haters never liked the kid even when he was a backup.

2 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

I really don't understand this whole sending Hurts to the bench. Again they are not going to the playoffs, winning games means losing draft position and if Minshew play 50% of the snaps in 3 games that 6th becomes a 5th.

So people want Minshew in for what exactly? He is not the future here in Philly and it accomplishes nothing.

The most logical thing is to ride Hurts the entire year. Either things will turn around and he can become the franchise or he will suck, they will lose games and get higher picks in the draft.

The bottom  line is the Eagles will do what they think is the best move. Moving Flacco out of the way opens the door for Minshew in some capacity. I also read Watson is now open to a trade in more locations as well. Hurts could be moved in a Watson trade. You never know what this team might do. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t know. Once Minshew is the starter wil, the haters love Hurts? 🤔 Most of the Hurts haters never liked the kid even when he was a backup.

Very true. This situation reminds me of the Fiery Jeff Garcia one.

4 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Very true. This situation reminds me of the Fiery Jeff Garcia one.

Yup. McNabb took the team to a Bowl and 5 NFC Championships, but that Garcia that one time in 2006 (for like 8 games) won one playoff game so he’s obviously better than McNabb!

58 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

and you wonder why the dumpster fire teams like jets and jags never win because they focus just on qbs and not the other areas of the team which we cannot do.

You mean the Jets and Browns focusing on a new quarterback every other year isn’t a good idea??? 

637139B2-1212-4505-A393-CF3019119ABE.jpeg

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m ready to see Minshew the savior. Bring him in. When the team still sucks remember it’s all his fault. 

Nobody is invested. If he sucks you draft a QB this draft, no big loss. But you need to find out. 

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Nobody is invested. If he sucks you draft a QB this draft, no big loss. But you need to find out. 

Last thing I want to see is a squad that severely lacks talent quarterback chasing. If none of these quarterbacks coming out see like can’t miss prospects then do another year of Minshew or Hurts. It doesn’t matter cause if these coaches come back there is not shot for this squad anyway. On a side note I wouldn’t want to trust the franchise future quarterback in the hands of Shirts & Sharpies. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Last thing I want to see is a squad that severely lacks talent quarterback chasing. If none of these quarterbacks coming out see like can’t miss prospects then do another year of Minshew or Hurts. It doesn’t matter cause if these coaches come back there is not shot for this squad anyway. On a side note I wouldn’t want to trust the franchise future quarterback in the hands of Shirts & Sharpies. 

So why not find out if Minshew can be serviceable next year? Plus another QB can tell you if Siri is the problem if the same issues remain. 

8 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

So why not find out if Minshew can be serviceable next year? Plus another QB can tell you if Siri is the problem if the same issues remain. 

At this point I don’t care if it’s Hurts or Minshew they run it back with. Sirianni today called himself the offensive coordinator and basically said he doesn’t do much of the watching the tape of the defense. This guy doesn’t seem to realize he is the coach of this kangaroo court. When you have players openly questioning their coach he has lost the locker room. Sirianni is a big part of the problem here. 

7 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Is finding out if Minshew is serviceable now instead of waiting till the off season really worth a high 5th round draft choice on a team that needs all the draft picks it can get?

14 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Nobody thinks he's "the answer."  I would just like to see how he functions under Siri, and hopefully be able to evaluate the rest of the skill position players with a game manager who can make throws other than outside the right hash, on time and with better accuracy.

It sure would be easier to evaluate the skill guys with someone who can throw the ball to all parts of the field, and progress through reads.  Be nice to see target distribution like this.

image.png.fdcf3b39ca38a5bd2f80cd2689df3f3a.png

4 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Is finding out if Minshew is serviceable now instead of waiting till the off season really worth a high 5th round draft choice on a team that needs all the draft picks it can get?

The Eagles have like 11 picks in the upcoming draft. Trading Flacco to the Jets almost guarantees a 5th because Wilson is hurt and the Jets are desperate. They have already (presumably) made up that 5th with Flacco. Not that it will matter anyway. The Eagles head coach threw the ball multiple times a game with a quarterback still developing as a passing quarterback. This RPO system basically takes play calling responsibility (and blame) off himself and puts in on Jalen Hurts. Anyone who thinks putting a new quarterback out there with this head coach will make things better is fooling themselves especially with all the other problems this team has. Minshew probably gets sacked six times against the Raiders. The line was that bad and the defense couldn’t stop anyone.   

14 minutes ago, XoqTionR said:

Here's a good take on situation. 

Generally, Acho tends to make my arse itch but I will give the clip a listen....

18 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Generally, Acho tends to make my arse itch but I will give the clip a listen....

Ya he has same affect on me. I normally only listen for Marcellus Wiley though.

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The line was that bad

Trying to find the article but what I saw it said Hurts has the most time to pass out of any other QB on Sunday. 

6 minutes ago, XoqTionR said:

Ya he has same affect on me. I normally only listen for Marcellus Wiley though.

Exactly.....him and Bucky

If Hurts can't beat Detroit we should offer him up for a 2nd round pick. Maybe the Panthers will bite.
Then we can see how Minshew handles Sirianni's "brilliant" offensive scheme.

31 minutes ago, eaglegenius said:

If Hurts can't beat Detroit we should offer him up for a 2nd round pick. Maybe the Panthers will bite.
Then we can see how Minshew handles Sirianni's "brilliant" offensive scheme.

hmmm...but why the Panthers?

Archived