Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

Just now, Thrive said:

How he presents himself. I think 4for4 thinks he’s a arrogant ahole.

How he presents himself on the field is an issue for me.  He should present himself as a QB, not a RB.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Glad you decided to walk it back.  

No walking back. If I was referring to race, I wouldn’t have included the part about grace and patience (kinda hard to show patience when it comes to that topic). 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Care to prove this?  Arrogant....yep!  A little weird  with all of the social media photo ops?  Yep.  But please go ahead and share the post where I called him an A hole.  

Geez - I think I got that mostly right then, no? It’s not like I’m in a court of law here.

You don’t like how he presents himself and think he’s arrogant. I guess you think even with all that he’s a good dude? 

The point is he’s a kid — he’ll grow up just as his football game can grow up. Patience and grace.

Holy F.  You are what's wrong with today's society.  He is NOT A KID!!!!  He is a grown man.  He can fight in a war.  Drink.  Get married.  Vote. You're a joke man.  Calling these adults "kids", treating them with kids gloves and then giving them time to "find themselves".  You're not a kid at 23.  Not even close.  

Strange. Aren’t you significantly older? You don’t view yourself at 23 as childlike in thought processes and decision making? Maybe this is where you and I have always fundamentally differed.

At 23, I thought I was special, destined for greatness, brilliant etc. Almost everything in life had always worked out great for me.

But life humbles us at different times and we are forced to face the realities of this existence. This life is mostly an ish show and we all just need to survive together.

Maybe you figured that out at 16, but I didn’t. Drinking, going to war etc doesn’t mean you’ve matured. 

I was 1 year removed from the coast guard at 23.  I was banging chicks and paying bills and being a 23 year old booze/poon hound.  But I wasn't a kid.  

Your preaching about life is odd.  He's a 23 year old millionaire.  Who isn't a kid.  But please go on and preach about how life humbles us since we are the same as him.  

Strange....you're right.  Sensibility would be strange to you.  

You do you. Like I said, I get it: you don’t like him and it’s more than his just football play.

You ever watch Bill Burr?  His new special is now on Netflix.  He talks about you....a lot.  It's clear.  

It’s the same thing over and over with you — everything turns into insults and denigrations. Especially when talking about Hurts.

Again, aren’t you supposed to be one of the older folks on here?

They are propping him up so high. It's not going to be pretty if/when he fails this season

Disclaimer: I'm not rooting for him to fail. I'm just figuring the Hurts experiment isn't going to work

How is that an insult? 

Older?  How old do you think I am?  You come off a lot older than I.  I'm just a kid.  

:lol: touché 

I think you’re in your late fifties/early sixties. Close?

Nope

49, but I'll be 50 in a month.  So still a kid.  

Next question.  Wanna know my shoe size how I like my coffee?

Happy Birthday — but you’re quite a bit older than me:afro:

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

The Joke You GIFs | Tenor

Right. I think YOU missed the joke. And I’m the usual doofus around here.

In any event..

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

All right ladies, new topic:

Jalen Reagor sucks.

Discuss.

Enough with the Jalens!

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

They are propping him up so high. It's not going to be pretty if/when he fails this season

Disclaimer: I'm not rooting for him to fail. I'm just figuring the Hurts experiment isn't going to work

I've been reviewing some footage of the Eagles last year and I've come to the conclusion that Hurts isn't half as bad as some has made him out to be.

How many of you remember Troy Aikman's and Payton Manning's first year's?  I sure as hell do and I can tell you, they looked a lot worse than Hurts did.

If Hurts head is in the game I think he's gonna surprise a lot of you guys as long as the OL holds up.

8 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I've been reviewing some footage of the Eagles last year and I've come to the conclusion that Hurts isn't half as bad as some has made him out to be.

How many of you remember Troy Aikman's and Payton Manning's first year's?  I sure as hell do and I can tell you, they looked a lot worse than Hurts did.

If Hurts head is in the game I think he's gonna surprise a lot of you guys as long as the OL holds up.

He had a top Oline last year...

Why do people constantly bring up HOFers having slow career starts as some evidence that Hurts can?

18 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

A key difference is that a lot of QBs that people use to rationalize Hurt's potential have better QB physical skills. Manning and Aikman both have better arms and passing traits then Hurts does, even in their first years.

11 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

He had a top Oline last year...

Why do people constantly bring up HOFers having slow career starts as some evidence that Hurts can?

So they say, I saw a lot of pressure from the left side of the OL, and then there's Kelce in the middle who's given up pressure throughout his career,, personally I think the OL was grossly overrated.

It's not just HOFers having slow starts, most QBs struggle in early in their careers, trust me, I can name othe HOFers that struggled, like Terry Bradshaw, Jim Plunkett, Doug Williams, Steve Young and etc.

You guys just need to quit dogging the guy and see what he's he's going to do in his second year as the starter.

8 minutes ago, kentwo said:

A key difference is that a lot of QBs that people use to rationalize Hurt's potential have better QB physical skills. Manning and Aikman both have better arms and passing traits then Hurts does, even in their first years.

Aikman's' deep ball was trash and personally I've still yet to see arm strength as an issue with Hurts, you guys are reaching with that argument.

4 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

So they say, I saw a lot of pressure from the left side of the OL, and then there's Kelce in the middle who's given up pressure throughout his career,, personally I think the OL was grossly overrated.

It's not just HOFers having slow starts, most QBs struggle in early in their careers, trust me, I can name othe HOFers that struggled, like Terry Bradshaw, Jim Plunkett, Doug Williams, Steve Young and etc.

You guys just need to quit dogging the guy and see what he's he's going to do in his second year as the starter.

Kelce had an all pro year. The Oline was top 5 in 2021

Why do we need to see what he's going to do in his 3rd season?

40 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

When "doing your research" goes wrong

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Kelce had an all pro year. The Oline was top 5 in 2021

Why do we need to see what he's going to do in his 3rd season?

All Pro or All No, Kelce has always had issues with bull rushers.

Don't you think top 5 is rather general, after all, there are two different skillsets for offensive linemen, run blocking and pass protection and the pass protection wasn't anything to write home about.

Archived