Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

When "doing your research" goes wrong

You need to go back to the future and stay blocked!!

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

All Pro or All No, Kelce has always had issues with bull rushers.

Don't you think top 5 is rather general, after all, there are two different skillsets for offensive linemen, run blocking and pass protection and the pass protection wasn't anything to write home about.

They were 4th best Oline in the league. I don't think that's general

You also didn't answer why we need to see what Hurts can do in his 3rd season

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

You also didn't answer why we need to see what Hurts can do in his 3rd season

There must be a misunderstanding here, no one is obligated to reply to any post.

11 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Wow, you took me off ignore ??  Are you feeling OK ??

10 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

They were 4th best Oline in the league. I don't think that's general

You also didn't answer why we need to see what Hurts can do in his 3rd rookie season

FYP

3 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

There must be a misunderstanding here, no one is obligated to reply to any post.

You're not obligated but you're the one that brought it up

31 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

So they say, I saw a lot of pressure from the left side of the OL, and then there's Kelce in the middle who's given up pressure throughout his career,, personally I think the OL was grossly overrated.

It's not just HOFers having slow starts, most QBs struggle in early in their careers, trust me, I can name othe HOFers that struggled, like Terry Bradshaw, Jim Plunkett, Doug Williams, Steve Young and etc.

You guys just need to quit dogging the guy and see what he's he's going to do in his second year as the starter.

I asked why we need to see what he's going to do in his 3rd season

35 minutes ago, downundermike said:

When "doing your research" goes wrong

28 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Uh-oh Mike, you got off ignore somehow. I wonder if he’ll blame this on me again. He thinks I have special message board powers. 

Behold the power of the jellybean! :flex: 

10 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And neither was on a shirt that was worn by the Head Coach or on a hat by his WR1.  The entire love circle is odd and frankly not professional.  If ish goes south with Hurts and the Eagles need to move on next year, NS is going to look like an even bigger dope.  A

Sirianni has worn shirts featuring Kelce, Graham, Elliot, Sanders, Carmichael, Beat Dallas, etc... 

It doesn't bother me, but then again, I'm not always looking for something to complain about. 

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Thanks for checking in on the matter.  I have been wondering what your opinion was.  

I know Sirianni has been wearing shirts of other players like a 12 year old fanboy.  It’s a bad look. But you would approve of it.  Hell, you’re were excited over accessories the other day.  

... and you were disappointed nobody spritzed Hurts before his workout pic.

4 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I've been reviewing some footage of the Eagles last year and I've come to the conclusion that Hurts isn't half as bad as some has made him out to be.

How many of you remember Troy Aikman's and Payton Manning's first year's?  I sure as hell do and I can tell you, they looked a lot worse than Hurts did.

If Hurts head is in the game I think he's gonna surprise a lot of you guys as long as the OL holds up.

Did you really just put Hurts name in the same topic as Aikman and Manning? Please don;t even mention two HOF pocket QBs in any way with a RB trying to play QB

6 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I've been reviewing some footage of the Eagles last year and I've come to the conclusion that Hurts isn't half as bad as some has made him out to be.

How many of you remember Troy Aikman's and Payton Manning's first year's?  I sure as hell do and I can tell you, they looked a lot worse than Hurts did.

If Hurts head is in the game I think he's gonna surprise a lot of you guys as long as the OL holds up.

When the Eagles were interviewing coaches in early 2021, I believe those coaches knew Wentz was on his way out and that the organization loved Hurts, plus he was going to start in 2021.   Which is fine except for the fact when Brian Daboll, Hurts’s coach from Alabama was asked to interview, he said "Hell No!!”.  Daboll is also the coach that pushed Saban to put Tua in long before the Championship game that Hurts was pulled in.

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Sirianni has worn shirts featuring Kelce, Graham, Elliot, Sanders, Carmichael, Beat Dallas, etc... 

It doesn't bother me, but then again, I'm not always looking for something to complain about. 

He doesn’t need be Tom Landry, that’s a bit to much to ask from a younger generation, but being the HC of an NFL team, 1 of 32 in the world, you should have enough respect for yourself not to walk around the very few practices this team actually has with T- Shirts that have his players faces on them and having a "bro” handshake with his QB.  The same QB who should feel the weight of the world on his shoulders, and the same QB Siriani will need to yell at during the games, not his buddy he plays poker with on Friday nights.  Or in case anyone forgets, for the 1st quarter of the 2021 season, the Eagles were the most undisciplined team in the NFL.    
Now TBF, Siriani did turn the season around when he handed control of the offense to Steichen and Stoutland. 

1 hour ago, The Blackfish said:

When the Eagles were interviewing coaches in early 2021, I believe those coaches knew Wentz was on his way out and that the organization loved Hurts, plus he was going to start in 2021.   Which is fine except for the fact when Brian Daboll, Hurts’s coach from Alabama was asked to interview, he said "Hell No!!”.  Daboll is also the coach that pushed Saban to put Tua in long before the Championship game that Hurts was pulled in.

He doesn’t need be Tom Landry, that’s a bit to much to ask from a younger generation, but being the HC of an NFL team, 1 of 32 in the world, you should have enough respect for yourself not to walk around the very few practices this team actually has with T- Shirts that have his players faces on them and having a "bro” handshake with his QB.  The same QB who should feel the weight of the world on his shoulders, and the same QB Siriani will need to yell at during the games, not his buddy he plays poker with on Friday nights.  Or in case anyone forgets, for the 1st quarter of the 2021 season, the Eagles were the most undisciplined team in the NFL.    
Now TBF, Siriani did turn the season around when he handed control of the offense to Steichen and Stoutland. 

Sirianni can find his own way. Results are all that matters. 

I think that people see coaches and players and expect them to be one way and one way only. They place them in a box and that is all they can be. A coach can't fraternize with his players or wear apparel of them because coaches in the 70s and 80s didn't do that. They must yell and spit fire and their players have to fear them or else they will never win.

A QB must be one way and one way only. The Lamar Jacksons of the world are an abomination to the QB position and will never win. Why? Because they have not before so therefore it will never ever happen in the NFL so why bother trying.

Never be different because different = bad.

Sorry to be a debbie downer again, but I'm starting to wonder if we are asking Hurts to do the impossible.

Basically we are asking him to transform himself from a run-first quarterback to a pocket passer. 

Has that kind of transition ever worked on any other QB in the history of the NFL? 

Can Hurts even transform himself? Does he even have the arm talent?

We have improved our team through draft. Either Hurts takes a step up this year, or next year we have the ammo to go after another high draft pick QB. Until the season as at least half way, it is premature to listen to Debbie downers who are unwilling to accept possibility of QB improvement. Wishing Hurts luck this year with the better talent around him. Go Eagles.

47 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Wishing Hurts sucks this year with the better talent around him. Go Eagles.

Ditto

Everyone hopes Hurts is great, but it's obvious he can't play QB. So him giving some small glimmer of hope that forces us to hang onto him for another season, knowing it won't ever amount to anything, is worst case scenario

2 minutes ago, mattmcginley7 said:

Everyone hopes Hurts is great, but it's obvious he can't play QB. So him giving some small glimmer of hope that forces us to hang onto him for another season, knowing it won't ever amount to anything, is worst case scenario

Worst case scenario would be the Eagles extending Hurts after this season.

7 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Worst case scenario would be the Eagles extending Hurts after this season.

I agree

Day 3: Did I see that Hurts threw 2 INTs today?

If there ever was a death knell in Hurts career, it’s getting the approval of EagleVA

14 hours ago, The Blackfish said:

I don’t remember who said it (maybe Caplan?) but the report was the Eagles were selling Sirianni that Wentz was going to be the QB. 

1 hour ago, CouchKing said:

Day 3: Did I see that Hurts threw 2 INTs today?

29 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don’t remember who said it (maybe Caplan?) but the report was the Eagles were selling Sirianni that Wentz was going to be the QB. 

It’s certainly possible, but I still believe all the coaches knew Hurts was gonna be the guy and I’d bet Wentz’s agent let them all know he wasn’t playing for the Eagles ever again. There’s no way he gets benched w/o Roseman or Luries approval.  I’m sure it was in the back of his head all season that as soon as he struggled, Hurts was gonna take his place. 

2 hours ago, GroundAttack said:

ESP only counts 7 on 7 drills with his stats. He doesnt add in the 1 on 1 drills which Hurts had another pick and should have been a few more on top of that. 

Archived