Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

9 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Everyone is going to have to consider the possibility...err reality....that both Wentz and Hurts suck.

I can accept that my quarterback isn’t that good when he’s getting 2mil, but not when he’s getting well over 20 mil, but that’s just me.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of you beanbaggers really need to send USA Today a strongly worded letter for talking about Wentz/Hurts, and the Eagles. 😂🤣😂

CB02A53F-8FC1-44B5-865A-DB99555201B2.jpeg

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

One of you beanbaggers really need to send USA Today a strongly worded letter for talking about Wentz/Hurts, and the Eagles. 😂🤣😂

CB02A53F-8FC1-44B5-865A-DB99555201B2.jpeg

He's a rival. I hope he sucks ass 

56 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

He's a rival. I hope he sucks ass 

Well some people around here hopes he wins the MVP. 🤷‍♂️ 

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don't think he will suck, but I want him to be awful especially whenever he plays us. 

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Find 1 post of someone saying they WANT him to win MVP this year, we will wait.

On 7/31/2022 at 12:44 AM, Thrive said:

For him, that’s the goal. 4K yards passing and 500-700yards rushing. If he wants that contract next year, we need to be able to reasonably project him putting up those numbers in the very near future. I don’t think he actually needs to hit those marks this year but we need to see that he will be able to soon.

If we come away from this season still questioning whether he can touch those numbers, then we can’t in good faith give him the contract he wants.

Shouldn't the goal be to get deep into the playoffs and hopefully win the Super Bowl by any means necessary?

I think too many people get hung up with numbers like this is baseball.

Performance matters, not stats.

12 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Shouldn't the goal be to get deep into the playoffs and hopefully win the Super Bowl by any means necessary?

I think too many people get hung up with numbers like this is baseball.

Performance matters, not stats.

Pssst.....Stats come from good performances 

And if we make it deep into the playoffs without Hurts getting decent stats, he will still be replaced. 

Some of y’all were acting like this dude should just be handed the starting job, because he beat the Jets 😂🤣😂

133794D2-522D-4999-9945-4FD602F90015.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

And if we make it deep into the playoffs without Hurts getting decent stats, he will still be replaced. 

Sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for. Going from Rodney Pete to Bobby Hoying isn’t always an improvement.

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for. Going from Rodney Pete to Bobby Hoying isn’t always an improvement.

Better than just keeping Rodney Pete and never trying to get better

Just now, Shalodeep said:

Better than just keeping Rodney Pete and never tryna my to get better

Or you get significantly worse and end up like the Browns QB chasing for nearly 20 years.

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Or you get significantly worse and end up like the Browns QB chasing for nearly 20 years.

Read the quote in my signature from Jeff Lurie

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Or you get mcnabb and win 10+ games almost every year and a top 5 team for a bit of a decade. 

Perhaps all of you guys just ASSuming the Eagles will be making a QB change well consider this: The Eagles had three first round picks with two of the best quarterbacks available and didn’t  land one. They also had nearly every young quarterback available to them in the last two drafts and didn’t take one. They also had the opportunity to get Jimmy G or Mayfield and passed. Now we should ASSume with less draft capital some quarterback hungry team is going to bypass their own needs to let the Eagles trade up and select a guy? You fellows better get used to Jalen Hurts being the quarterback or find yourselves a new team to root for. 😂

3 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Or you get mcnabb and win 10+ games almost every year and a top 5 team for a bit of a decade. 

We are in the 9-10 win range with Hurts now. I hate to break it to you, but the Eagles aren’t going to be in the 2-4 win range anytime soon.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

We are in the 9-10 win range with Hurts now. I hate to break it to you, but the Eagles aren’t going to be in the 2-4 win range anytime soon.

Oh yeah? How many vets and players are nearing retirement and on one year contracts? We started drafting well relatively late to sustain 9-10 wins for long with this QB 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Perhaps all of you guys just ASSuming the Eagles will be making a QB change well consider this: The Eagles had three first round picks with two of the best quarterbacks available and didn’t  land one. They also had nearly every young quarterback available to them in the last two drafts and didn’t take one. They also had the opportunity to get Jimmy G or Mayfield and passed. Now we should ASSume with less draft capital some quarterback hungry team is going to bypass their own needs to let the Eagles trade up and select a guy? You fellows better get used to Jalen Hurts being the quarterback or find yourselves a new team to root for. 😂

He won't start here past 2023 and we all stuck around for the kolb/vick/Nick/Bradford years. Doubt anyone is bailing over this guy. Once one read is gone, you'll cling to the next crap player and think you have higher ground and be laughed at once again. 

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Perhaps all of you guys just ASSuming the Eagles will be making a QB change well consider this:

1. The Eagles had three first round picks with two of the best quarterbacks available and didn’t  land one.

2. They also had nearly every young quarterback available to them in the last two drafts and didn’t take one.

3. They also had the opportunity to get Jimmy G or Mayfield and passed.

4.  Now we should ASSume with less draft capital some quarterback hungry team is going to bypass their own needs to let the Eagles trade up and select a guy?

5. You fellows better get used to Jalen Hurts being the quarterback or find yourselves a new team to root for. 😂

1.  As evidenced by the QB's draft position, after heavy analysis ( including Howie going to Pitt to see Pickett in person ) the Eagles, like the rest of the league determined this QB class was not very Strong.  So they pushed a first to 2023 when the QB class is going to be very strong.

2.  Multiple reports that the Eagles made an offer to the Jets to move up to #2 as they wanted Zach Wilson.

3. They tried to acquire Russel Wilson and Deshaun Watson.

4.  As I pointed out yesterday, if the Jags have a top 5 pick, they will not take a QB, and will auction off that pick to build the team around Lawrence.  The Jets also would not, and probably the Bears.  Additionally, the Saints could be bad ( even though I predict them winning more games than the Eagles ) and we could end up with a top 5-8 pick from them.  Would not be hard to move up from 5 to 2 or 3 with an additional first in the same draft to throw in.

5. No, I don't think I will do either.  Look at my signature, the quote from Jeff Lurie.  The owner wants to be a prolific passing offense, and if Hurts can not do that, Lurie will command Howie to find someone who can do that.

Let's see here...

7 on 7's.... Hurts STILL rolls right....and RUNs. He is another Ben Simmons- says he trains, but never stops doing the stupid crap, and never improves. Just keeps doing the same mistakes over and over. That's not good enough. Opposing defenses only have to play half of the field when playing against Hurts.  I just wanted to see improvement. Same old Hurts so far. 

2 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

If we make it deep into the playoffs I very much doubt that.

On 7/31/2022 at 11:11 AM, opa-opa said:

Actually not thing, drafting Hurts actually caused Carson to leave, got Doug fired, and almost destroyed this team.

Well if this is true, then I chalk that up as a win. Couldn’t be happier Wentz is gone.

And I think Hurts will be very good for us.

But even if he goes full bust this year, getting Carson out is probably worth a second on its own.

3 minutes ago, Infam said:

If we make it deep into the playoffs I very much doubt that.

Let's say 22/10 3500 62.5% and he is below average in playoffs without many TDS....I'd say he isn't sticking around 

5 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Let's say 22/10 3500 62.5% and he is below average in playoffs without many TDS....I'd say he isn't sticking around 

So after making playoffs in his first full season he leads them deep into playoffs, 24 years old.

Yeah sure, dream on. 😄

1 minute ago, Infam said:

So after making playoffs in his first full season he leads them deep into playoffs, 24 years old.

Yeah sure, dream on. 😄

Being carried there twice wouldn't be impressive and they tried to get away from him behind center a few times already. Unless he is what lurie wants as a QB at the end of the season, we grab his replacement next offseason 

Archived