Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

I think we can stop pretending this team is better with Hurts 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

Whats the highest pick for us with a loss? 

Ok it is five with a loss  or nine with a win. 4 11 1 or 5 10 1

Just now, joboggi said:

Ok it is five or nine. 

I think best pick is now sixth. 

15 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Justin fields please

He won't fall to us. 

5 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I think best pick is now sixth. 

He won't fall to us. 

Then trade up lol. 6 to 2 should be that bad. They went from 8 to 2 for Wentz

1 minute ago, philafan4o8 said:

Then trade up lol. 6 to 2 should be that bad. They went from 8 to 2 for Wentz

13 to 2

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

13 to 2

From 13 to 8 and then from 8 to 2. I think you get my point that trading up for Fields is not going to cost as much

Just now, philafan4o8 said:

From 13 to 8 and then from 8 to 2. I think you get my point that trading up for Fields is not going to cost as much

I do, who knows though. If teams know who they are trading up for depending on what that team wants they could ask for a lot. Bears spent a ton to get Trubisky and that was only a couple of spots. I also don't think the eagles will do it again. 

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

Justin fields please

One good game.  Pass.

Wentz for Fields. 

I look at it this way, Hurts is better than Foles. Lets get OL, WR, OL first, they are typically better getting lineman. 

\On the draft order, this morning the Eagles were at number five. They must have a tie breaker over Cinn. It needs to be said that the team that the Eagles tied also ended up with the same record. 

2 minutes ago, NVeagle said:

One good game.  Pass.

One good game? 😂😂

One good game was for the championship berth. 

What he meant to say was that there were a couple of klunkers this year. Just a couple. 

Meh, kid definitely is talented but needs a lot of work. I’d like to see what he can be with a full offseason, on a functional offensive roster and some more reps. 

The broadcast team did not mention draft order as a reason for all the substitutions.

At least the uniforms were deep green 

not much else to say

draft order wins

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think we can stop pretending this team is better with Hurts 

Team is better with Hurts.  Much better.

2 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

Team is better with Hurts.  Much better.

I don’t know about much better. They are better, but really this was mostly a throw away game. JJAW caught three passes. Quez Watkins had multiple targets. The two tackles were a mess. The backs were Scott and Clement. It was a preseason game. It’s not a game to over evaluate Hurts from this game. 

2 hours ago, joboggi said:

I look at it this way, Hurts is better than Foles. 

No. 

This season has been dreadful for the long term outlook of this team and the QB position specifically:

• Wentz has gone the franchise QB to someone who who (from a QB perspective) at worst majorly regressed to the point he shouldn't be a starter in the NFL to at best cant function with the current FO/coaching structure
  • Jalen (the unnecessary draft ****) proved he was most defiantly exciting but not necessarily a winning QB. The real is answer is we just dont know - the lack of talent around him makes the evaluation incomplete.
  • We have a high pick - maybe we should draft a QB but maybe we do have on the roster already - no one really knows at all
  • Meanwhile the rest of the roster continues to get older, more injury prone. The last few drafts have been dreadful and this team has hardly any young talent to speak of

Well that's it.   Jalen's "Pre-season" is over.   He got some valuable experience this year.   There are things he can improve on the off season but I think this 4 game evaluation showed a lot of promise for the young kid.   I don't know what's going to happen with Carson next season but if the reports are true, he's not happy about being benched.   Well if that's the case and we are going into rebuild mode then having a young QB like Jalen will be good to build around.   I want him to continue to grow with the WR in the Off season.  Of course there's plenty of things to work on and I think he's very coachable as well.  We will see what happens.  

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t know about much better. They are better, but really this was mostly a throw away game. JJAW caught three passes. Quez Watkins had multiple targets. The two tackles were a mess. The backs were Scott and Clement. It was a preseason game. It’s not a game to over evaluate Hurts from this game. 

Yeah agreed. This was basically a pre-season game going against a really good D playing for their playoff lives. We had 3rd string tackles out there and basically sat all our best weapons.

Generally the offense has looked better, but not significantly better with Hurts.

Personally unless we get blown away with a Wentz offer, I’m bringing them both back for an open competition.

1 hour ago, KINGnabb said:

Well that's it.   Jalen's "Pre-season" is over.   He got some valuable experience this year.   There are things he can improve on the off season but I think this 4 game evaluation showed a lot of promise for the young kid.   I don't know what's going to happen with Carson next season but if the reports are true, he's not happy about being benched.   Well if that's the case and we are going into rebuild mode then having a young QB like Jalen will be good to build around.   I want him to continue to grow with the WR in the Off season.  Of course there's plenty of things to work on and I think he's very coachable as well.  We will see what happens.  

What games did you watch and what drugs were you on?

9 hours ago, joboggi said:

Wentz for Fields. 

I look at it this way, Hurts is better than Foles. Lets get OL, WR, OL first, they are typically better getting lineman. 

\On the draft order, this morning the Eagles were at number five. They must have a tie breaker over Cinn. It needs to be said that the team that the Eagles tied also ended up with the same record. 

Are you on Fing drugs?

42 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

What games did you watch and what drugs were you on?

LOL @  hating on a Rookie who was thrown into the fire.   Jalen did what he had to do under these circumstances.   So many people were hating on the kid before he even took a single snap from Draft day till now.   Jalen showed his skills.   

Archived