Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

2 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

Yeah that's not a play style but good job deflecting it. Josh Allen never gets injured I forgot.... why do you and your bfs insist on creating an argument at all times? Thought you might have had it in you to have an actual conversation. I should have known better.

Josh Allen has less rushes than Hurts. Thus less opportunity to get injured. Josh Allen has not missed a single game in 4 full years of starting. 

Hurts has missed 2 last year, and so far 2 this year. Has more rushes. 

But sure, you keep on this "Josh Allen runs into contact but Hurts doesn’t” narrative. Whatever the f that even means 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Ummm, are you moving the goalposts because you got owned?

I thought this was about qbs staying healthy, now you want to make it about playoff records? Why, because you made a dumb point and now don't want to own it?

GFY.

Lamar got hurt last year in the stretch run, and his team missed the playoffs entirely. But go on about his great regular season record. I guess that’s all you want anyway. MVPs and league best records, but screw any playoff success, who needs it? Go Jalen!!!

45 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

You guys have no concern that he’s been injured in December his first two full seasons? That doesn’t spark any kind of long term worry?

Not really. They have been pretty minor injuries. Not like Wentz who never finished a season from 2017.

They may factor into contract negotiations somewhat, but Hurts is going to get a big extension this year, which he deserves.

3 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Since 2018, the Ravens are 45-16 with Lamar Jackson, and 8-13 without him.

The bolded part of this sentence is the part you should be most focused on.

First of all, I am not sure where you are getting that 8-13 record.

He was named the starter week 10 of his rookie year, and played all 7 games.  Going forward

2019 - started 15 of 16 games ( 1 missed game )

2020 - started 15 of 16 games ( 1 missed game )

2021 - started 12 of 17 games ( 5 missed games )

2022 - starter 12 of 16 games so far ( 4 missed games )

Not sure how the Ravens are 8-13 without Lamar Jackson when he has only missed 11 games.

Now that we have corrected that, you should still be focused on the bolded, the Ravens are 4-7 without Lamar Jackson.  he has missed games 10 games the last two years.

3 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

My god. Maybe when the QB misses time in the regular season, it impacts his return for the playoffs? You ever consider that?

Well he had more than 300 total yards of offense in Baltimore's final regular season game in 2018, so he wasn't hurt that year.

And he had almost 500 yards of total offense in Baltimore's playoff game against the Titans the next year, so doesn't seem like he was injured then.

And he won a playoff game the next year when he had more than 300 yards of offense.

So again, maybe this argument is one you don't want to be having.

9 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

It is you who has been owned, again.

Maybe you should start a new topic and make me quit the board :roll::roll::roll::roll:

5 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

I thought this was about qbs staying healthy, now you want to make it about playoff records? Why, because you made a dumb point and now don't want to own it?

GFY.

Lamar got hurt last year in the stretch run, and his team missed the playoffs entirely. But go on about his great regular season record. I guess that’s all you want anyway. MVPs and league best records, but screw any playoff success, who needs it? Go Jalen!!!

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The bolded part of this sentence is the part you should be most focused on.

First of all, I am not sure where you are getting that 8-13 record.

He was named the starter week 10 of his rookie year, and played all 7 games.  Going forward

2019 - started 15 of 16 games ( 1 missed game )

2020 - started 15 of 16 games ( 1 missed game )

2021 - started 12 of 17 games ( 5 missed games )

2022 - starter 12 of 16 games so far ( 4 missed games )

Not sure how the Ravens are 8-13 without Lamar Jackson when he has only missed 11 games.

Now that we have corrected that, you should still be focused on the bolded, the Ravens are 4-7 without Lamar Jackson.  he has missed games 10 games the last two years.

You aren't including games that he was on the bench, because you are dumb.

His record as a starter is 45-16. The Ravens record since 2018 is 53-29. They have 8 more wins and 13 more losses when he wasn't the starting qb. So without him on the field, they aren't as good.

Maybe stick to rant and rave. It suits you so much better.

5 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Josh Allen has less rushes than Hurts. Thus less opportunity to get injured. Josh Allen has not missed a single game in 4 full years of starting. 

Hurts has missed 2 last year, and so far 2 this year. Has more rushes. 

But sure, you keep on this "Josh Allen runs into contact but Hurts doesn’t” narrative. Whatever the f that even means 

If you can't comprehend the difference in the way Josh Allen runs and the way Hurts runs then you may need to go watch some more football and not talk so much. If you can't comprehend the difference then that's on you. You asked me a question and I gave you my opinion. I'm done here.

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

You aren't including games that he was on the bench, because you are dumb.

His record as a starter is 45-16. The Ravens record since 2018 is 53-29. They have 8 more wins and 13 more losses when he wasn't the starting qb. So without him on the field, they aren't as good.

Maybe stick to rant and rave. It suits you so much better.

Joe Flacco was the starter.  That does not count.  You can only provide the record with and without him since he became the starter.

That would be the same as saying the Falcons are 1-2 with Desmond Ridder, and 5-8 without him.

1 minute ago, justwinbaby said:

If you can't comprehend the difference in the way Josh Allen runs and the way Hurts runs then you may need to go watch some more football and not talk so much. If you can't comprehend the difference then that's on you. You asked me a question and I gave you my opinion. I'm done here.

Explain the difference 

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Lamar got hurt last year in the stretch run, and his team missed the playoffs entirely.

Yup, because without him, they are a bad team.

Not sure what point you are trying to make? That we need Jalen to be healthy to be competitive? Okay, I will admit that. That we are crap without him? Okay, I will concede that as well. These are all points most of us agreed upon two years ago. Nice you finally came around.

Hopefully he will avoid injuries and have a career path similar to Russell Wilson, without all the Russell Wilson baggage.

Or, if his career path looking like Lamar Jackson's is the worst case scenario, that is still way better than what the Jets and Raiders are dealing with at qb, or, really 25 or so other NFL teams.

Just now, justwinbaby said:

Already did. Read. 

So you think Allen runs into contact but Hurts doesn’t? Is that right?

Yup, because without him, they are a bad team.

Not sure what point you are trying to make? That we need Jalen to be healthy to be competitive? Okay, I will admit that. That we are crap without him? Okay, I will concede that as well. These are all points most of us agreed upon two years ago. Nice you finally came around.

Hopefully he will avoid injuries and have a career path similar to Russell Wilson, without all the Russell Wilson baggage.

Or, if his career path looking like Lamar Jackson's is the worst case scenario, that is still way better than what the Jets and Raiders are dealing with at qb, or, really 25 or so other NFL teams.

The point is Hurts is going to get paid, tying up a big percentage of the salary cap. If you’re happy with regular season success but flaming out in the playoffs (Lamar), or now it’s become Lamar not even surviving into December and his team completely missing the playoffs, keep squirting away. 

I like to see the Eagles TEAM succeed. And I’m incredibly concerned that our stud QB isn’t healthy for the most important part of the year. Not to mention, how much of a shelf life does he have? 5 years? Less? 

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Joe Flacco was the starter.  That does not count.

It does, though. The whole point was comparing the Ravens with Lamar as a starter versus the Ravens without Lamar as a starter. You can't just throw out Flacco because it hurts your argument.

And, realistically, Flacco's poor record is crucial, because he is exactly the kind of replacement qb you get if you don't have an elite qb running your offense.

7 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

That is rich coming from this guy, who made this same comment and looks like a complete moron now.

32nd in yards allowed, 30th in points allowed.  :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

It is quite clear you don't know what you are watching.

image.thumb.png.7ac3f71d6b20f7b535223788534aaecd.png

2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

It does, though. The whole point was comparing the Ravens with Lamar as a starter versus the Ravens without Lamar as a starter. You can't just throw out Flacco because it hurts your argument.

And, realistically, Flacco's poor record is crucial, because he is exactly the kind of replacement qb you get if you don't have an elite qb running your offense.

I’ll take flacco’s post season record over Lamar’s 

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That is rich coming from this guy, who made this same comment and looks like a complete moron now.

32nd in yards allowed, 30th in points allowed.  :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

It is quite clear you don't know what you are watching.

image.thumb.png.7ac3f71d6b20f7b535223788534aaecd.png

Hahah again going back 4 months you can't get enough of me huh. Did you print this post out and keep by your bed? I guess you also would say Josh Allen and Hurts have the same running style? I'm not surprised. 

4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I’ll take flacco’s post season record over Lamar’s 

I'd take Russell Wilson's over Flacco.

Just now, jsb235 said:

I'd take Russell Wilson's over Flacco.

Why? They have the same number of rings 

3 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Lamar Jackson was not the starter, so you can not use the with and without him as the starter nonsense.

If you are going to use that logic,

the 9ers are 5-0 with Brock Purdy, and 7-4 without him.

the Browns are 3-2 with Desaun Watson, and 4-7 without him.

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

Why? They have the same number of rings 

How many Super Bowls did each qb play in?

Hurts doesn’t miss the Cowboys game if it was a playoff game. I guess it still counts against him but makes the Allen discourse a bit more dubious imo. 

How many Super Bowls did each qb play in?

Congrats! You’ve advanced from being happy with regular season wins to now Super Bowl appearances. Just take one more little step, buddy, you can do it!!

Archived