Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

13 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

CBS Sports has reported that Eagles expect Hurts to play against Giants. Only the idiots on talk radio are wondering if he will play

He’s gotta play, because no one else got the job done from the offense, defense, special teams, and coaches. 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

If he comes back and wins the final game does that some how lock him up as MVP? 😂

I mean it should. It won't but it should. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

If he comes back and wins the final game does that some how lock him up as MVP? 😂

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean it should. It won't but it should. 

No it shouldn’t. 

For the most ardent Hurts supporters, or anybody else really…

How concerned are you that two years in a row, Hurts has missed games in December? 

9 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

How concerned are you that two years in a row, Hurts has missed games in December? 

If the Eagles are committed to Hurts and this style of football, I think they have to draft another QB in round 3 with similar skills to Hurts.

Minshew, on top of being not very good, is too much of a drastic difference in skill set.

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Nope.  That ship has sailed.  Mahomes has 5000 yards and 40 TD's, and can be the #1 seed in a conference with the Bills and Bengals.

You guys need to let it go, this is now about the Eagles salvaging the #1 seed.  You guys are entirely to focused on an individual award.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Nope.  That ship has sailed.  Mahomes has 5000 yards and 40 TD's, and can be the #1 seed in a conference with the Bills and Bengals.

You guys need to let it go, this is now about the Eagles salvaging the #1 seed.  You guys are entirely to focused on an individual award.

Shame it even had to come to him being forced back too soon. Unfortunately the guy who some of you claimed was better than him stunk the joint up and couldn’t get the job done. Perhaps this isn’t a case of us being stuck on individual awards rather it’s a case of you all getting your digs in wherever you can? After all I don’t see you hoping Hurts return to form here after his injury on the same level you fear Wentz does if he becomes a cowboy. Maybe your next poll should be should We Wentz be Jalen’s backup next year? 😂🤣😂

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Shame it even had to come to him being forced back too soon. Unfortunately the guy who some of you claimed was better than him stunk the joint up and couldn’t get the job done. Perhaps this isn’t a case of us being stuck on individual awards rather it’s a case of you all getting your digs in wherever you can? After all I don’t see you hoping Hurts return to form here after his injury on the same level you fear Wentz does if he becomes a cowboy. Maybe your next poll should be should We Wentz be Jalen’s backup next year? 😂🤣😂

Yeah they can't accept that they were wrong about Hurts so they'll spend the next decade being miserable and taking shots wherever they can. They're basically Chris Simms. Just an even more depressing version.

13 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He's leaning into that Pro Wrestling heel shtick.  I can dig it lol.

15 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

7 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

Yeah they can't accept that they were wrong about Hurts so they'll spend the next decade being miserable and taking shots wherever they can. They're basically Chris Simms. Just an even more depressing version.

You guys have no concern that he’s been injured in December his first two full seasons? That doesn’t spark any kind of long term worry?

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

Compared to the utter elation that we found a true franchise qb capable of leading us to the Super Bowl for the next decade? I would say negigible. 

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

Compared to the utter elation that we found a true franchise qb capable of leading us to the Super Bowl for the next decade? I would say negigible. 

Players don’t tend to get less injury prone. Look at Lamar. That’s the path for Hurts, unless he stops running as much. 

1 hour ago, Parrot Head said:

If the Eagles are committed to Hurts and this style of football, I think they have to draft another QB in round 3 with similar skills to Hurts.

Minshew, on top of being not very good, is too much of a drastic difference in skill set.

Yes, especially if Sirianni is too stubborn to change offense to a QBs strengths. Might as well get a QB that fits Sirianni's system.

10 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

You guys have no concern that he’s been injured in December his first two full seasons? That doesn’t spark any kind of long term worry?

I understand being concerned about it. I would be more worried long term if he played like Josh Allen seeking out contact. I don't like him running 17 times a game or coaches putting him in harm's way unnecessarily calling designed runs when it's not needed.

40 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I did not claim Minshew was better than Hurts, I was confident he could win one of the two games.  To bad Siriani and Steichen believed their offense was so unstoppable that any QB could run it, even without the future hall of fame RT, that they did not adjust to a different QB and run the ball.

Not sure what you are even talking about with the bolded.  I made a joke that it would be our luck that Wentz would figure it out if he signed with the Cowboys. 

You continue to prove you have an unhealthy obsession with the former Colts QB.

13 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

I understand being concerned about it. I would be more worried long term if he played like Josh Allen seeking out contact. I don't like him running 17 times a game or coaches putting him in harm's way unnecessarily calling designed runs when it's not needed.

What?

Just now, justwinbaby said:

Do you not see the difference in Hurts and Allens play styles?

One was on track to set the single season rushing record for attempts by a QB

One has been injured 2 December’s in a row.

One has not

4 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

Do you not see the difference in Hurts and Allens play styles?

Yes I do.

Allen, 115 rushing attempts in 15 games.

Hurts, 156 rushing attempts in 14 games.

Not including their rookie season, Hurts rushes 10 times a game compared to Allen’s 7.

Allen is also 4-5 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier.

Allen hasn’t missed a single start. 

They aren’t remotely comparable 

24 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Players don’t tend to get less injury prone. Look at Lamar. That’s the path for Hurts, unless he stops running as much. 

Since 2018, the Ravens are 45-16 with Lamar Jackson, and 8-13 without him.

So my question to you is this, would you rather be the Ravens with Lamar Jackson or without Lamar Jackson?

Because there is no other option. Would you rather be a team with a .737 winning percentage and a qb who misses a few games a year or a team with a .380 winning percentage and a qb who avoids injuries?

Just now, jsb235 said:

Since 2018, the Ravens are 45-16 with Lamar Jackson, and 8-13 without him.

So my question to you is this, would you rather be the Ravens with Lamar Jackson or without Lamar Jackson?

Because there is no other option. Would you rather be a team with a .737 winning percentage and a qb who misses a few games a year or a team with a .380 winning percentage and a qb who avoids injuries?

What’s their playoff record?

5 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

One was on track to set the single season rushing record for attempts by a QB

One has been injured 2 December’s in a row.

One has not

Yeah that's not a play style but good job deflecting it. Josh Allen never gets injured I forgot.... why do you and your bfs insist on creating an argument at all times? Thought you might have had it in you to have an actual conversation. I should have known better.

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

What’s their playoff record?

Ummm, are you moving the goalposts because you got owned?

I thought this was about qbs staying healthy, now you want to make it about playoff records? Why, because you made a dumb point and now don't want to own it?

GFY.

Just now, jsb235 said:

Ummm, are you moving the goalposts because you got owned?

I thought this was about qbs staying healthy, now you want to make it about playoff records? Why, because you made a dumb point and now don't want to own it?

GFY.

My god. Maybe when the QB misses time in the regular season, it impacts his return for the playoffs? You ever consider that?

Archived