Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

For all the coach speak we hear about the other team is great and they are tough, this coaching staff thought NO sucks and we could beat them with Minshew, do people not understand what is said to the public and what is said behind close doors ins completely different

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

They wanted so badly to prove it was the team, not Hurts that they ensured we'd beat dallas and then ensured we'd beat the hapless saints. 

Honestly I thought we could beat the Saints with Minshew, but I was wrong. With that being the case there have been so many people waiting for this moment. They had their "I told you so” take, but what did they really tell us other than they were wrong? Of course they won’t be men enough to admit that though. Bottom line is Hurts is our guy and we need these coaches to allow him to play his game, but they need to also do a better job of protecting him, because this team is going nowhere with a statue quarterback and far worse if we gotta keep seeing backups like Minshew out there.  

4 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

For all the coach speak we hear about the other team is great and they are tough, this coaching staff thought NO sucks and we could beat them with Minshew, do people not understand what is said to the public and what is said behind close doors ins completely different

Honestly the Eagles took a gamble and I thought it was the correct all. Didn’t see Minshew being that much of a dud, but he was brutal. Still I’d rather give Hurts another week to heal and have him as close to 100% as possible against the Giants. Still what is most worrisome is how crappy the defense had been in the zone coverages. 

Seth Joyner said it best: "Jalen Hurts isn't the MVP because of the system, he is the MVP because he is the damn system".

10 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Honestly I thought we could beat the Saints with Minshew, but I was wrong. 

When I saw that piss poor effort by Minshew on the 4th and 1, I realized this game was finished.

Good news is Minnesota will most likely lose today &  Giants will rest their starters next week, so we should have the no.1 seed locked up and hopefully remain fairly healthy.

16 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

When I saw that piss poor effort by Minshew on the 4th and 1, I realized this game was finished.

Good news is Minnesota will most likely lose today &  Giants will rest their starters next week, so we should have the no.1 seed locked up and hopefully remain fairly healthy.

That play alone showed Jalen’s worth. Minshew must’ve assumed the guys behind him would just push him forward not realizing that Hurts himself does a lot of that momentum himself. 

Was kind of funny to see Jalen as visibly pissed as most of us were during the game. 

The guy wants to win more than anything. I have beaten this dead horse a few times, but that's so important in a leader and in a QB.

31 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I agree. I’m not deflated as I usually am with Eagles losses, I’m more peeved with the decision making all over the franchise this afternoon

Beyond the pass/run ratio, there was another problem with the play calling. As much blame as anyone believes Minshew should get, you also have to consider giving that to Steichen as well for not recognizing Minshew didn’t have much today but still calling up those plays

Don’t most teams script the first 15 though? I mean their first three drives were 9 plays and their second drive had two consecutive runs. Minshew was sacked 6 times. Maybe they could have run it a bit more, but they couldn’t sustain drives regardless. 

2 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Hurts has to play, Minshew will never start a game for the Eagles ever again.

Rightly so, he’s just not good enough 

2 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Rightly so, he’s just not good enough 

Question is if Hurts doesn’t play do they go Minshew or the third string?

1 minute ago, rrfierce said:

He has to play, don’t think there’s any question about that 

🤞

9 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

He has to play, don’t think there’s any question about that 

Tell that to the Dipsheets on WIP, that station has really fallen off, they employ trolls like Elliot Shore parks and JACK Fritz, and to give Decamera the morning show is a joke

9 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

SF winning games left and right with a 3rd string QB. Our 2nd string QB can’t do sheet. 

They have a legit d. I fear ours is only good on paper mainly because of the DC.

38 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

SF winning games left and right with a 3rd string QB. Our 2nd string QB can’t do sheet. 

but they also lean heavily on their run game. If the eagles had done that today it would've been a different story. 

28 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

They have a legit d. I fear ours is only good on paper mainly because of the DC.

We do have a legit good pass rushing line (and Reddick). We can get to the QB obviously. We also were very good at taking the ball away. But this team just doesn't have an attacking type defense. If the rush doesn't get home, they're screwed. I really think the talent has been covering for Gannon. He's just nothing special.

Terrible decision making traced back to Bears game, running too much. Run the F'ing running backs more, even with Minshew they're not feeding the RBs until too late.

Here's a question to be asked? If Jalen comes back and we lose next week against the Giant's and go one and done in the playoffs has he done enough for a offseason contract extension or do you wait?

Just now, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Here's a question to be asked? If Jalen comes back and we lose next week against the Giant's and go one and done in the playoffs has he done enough for a offseason contract extension or do you wait?

Me personally, I wait. I don't like giving out contracts after 1 great season, and without the QB haven't been a part of any playoff wins.

That said, he likely get's a deal anyway.

7 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

We do have a legit good pass rushing line (and Reddick). We can get to the QB obviously. We also were very good at taking the ball away. But this team just doesn't have an attacking type defense. If the rush doesn't get home, they're screwed. I really think the talent has been covering for Gannon. He's just nothing special.

Exactly. The pass rush can get there. But they’ve stopped causing turnovers and the coverage is very lacking. I hardly ever see offenses make contested catches against our dbs.

Just a heck of a falloff. Offense and Defense. Last week the Defense was bad. This week it’s the Offense. 

My biggest fear is that this Coaching Staff has no idea on how to fix/correct the issues.

I said this elsewhere, this team is leaking oil. 🙃

29 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Begs the question as to how much this team really improves with Jalen coming back. Yes he’s the best player on the team but the rest of the team is in shambles.

Archived