Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

7 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Just a heck of a falloff. Offense and Defense. Last week the Defense was bad. This week it’s the Offense. 

My biggest fear is that this Coaching Staff has no idea on how to fix/correct the issues.

I said this elsewhere, this team is leaking oil. 🙃

Eh, the defense gave up 13 points and had a ton of sacks and an int. I know they didn't play well first half, but if Minshew wasn't so terrible today we would've won

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Minshew played poorly, but he should not have been put in that position.

Why do you pass 32 times against the #2 pass defense, and only run it 14 times against the #23 rush defense.

This was two weeks ago, Desmond Ridders first start, in New Orleans.  The Falcons ran all over them.

image.png.ab8f95c4b56c209acf1da41f3f2bb666.png

4 minutes ago, Thrive said:

Begs the question as to how much this team really improves with Jalen coming back. Yes he’s the best player on the team but the rest of the team is in shambles.

We would have won the last 2 games if Hurts played and the narrative around the team would be completely different.

It matters a lot when you go from MVP caliber QB play down to mediocre backup QB play.

Most passing attempts by Eagles QB this year

40 - Minshew

39 - Hurts

37 - Hurts

36 - Hurts

35 - Hurts

32 - Minshew, against the #2 pass defense, without the future HOF right tackle, and facing the #23 run defense.

Your back up QB should not have 2 of the top 6 games in passing attempts, especially if those are the only 2 games he has played.

Yeah. If we don't win it all it'll be due to poor coaching. I don't understand why coaches have brain farts like today 

4 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

A few things:

- It was never the system, it was always Hurts.

- Minshew F'in sucks, we need a much better backup QB next year.

- We beat DAL and NO with Hurts at QB.

- Minshew F'in sucks.

Get back Wentz as backup for old times sakes 🙂

28 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Most passing attempts by Eagles QB this year

40 - Minshew

39 - Hurts

37 - Hurts

36 - Hurts

35 - Hurts

32 - Minshew, against the #2 pass defense, without the future HOF right tackle, and facing the #23 run defense.

Your back up QB should not have 2 of the top 6 games in passing attempts, especially if those are the only 2 games he has played.

We run more when Hurts plays because the threat of Hurts running opens up holes for our RB’s.

7 minutes ago, vaff said:

We run more when Hurts plays because the threat of Hurts running opens up holes for our RB’s.

That is BS.  The Falcons ran the ball down the Saints throat, and Desmond Ridder was not a threat to run, or a threat to pass.

If you have an all pro line, you line up, run block, and run the ball.

11 minutes ago, vaff said:

Wentz is a cancer and sucks. I do not want him ever again.

He’s gotta play. Obviously we would all feel much better. The energy will be much better with him out there

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That is BS.  The Falcons ran the ball down the Saints throat, and Desmond Ridder was not a threat to run, or a threat to pass.

If you have an all pro line, you line up, run block, and run the ball.

Last week we ran it 29 times at 3.0 yards a carry vs a Cowboys team that struggles to stop the run.

10 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

Wentz is a cancer and sucks. I do not want him ever again.

What are you telling me for? I hate that guy.

A lot of guys blaming the defense for this loss and they played poorly in the first half but they only gave up 13 points. They did enough to win. This loss is on Minshew and the offense. 

57 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

A lot of guys blaming the defense for this loss and they played poorly in the first half but they only gave up 13 points. They did enough to win. This loss is on Minshew and the offense. 

The d wasn’t great but they still only allowed 13 points. This one’s all on the coaching staff and offense for sure.

18 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

The d wasn’t great but they still only allowed 13 points. This one’s all on the coaching staff and offense for sure.

......and a bunch of sacks.  I can't see how anybody would say the defense didn't do it's job.

5 minutes ago, Eaglesfandan said:

......and a bunch of sacks.  I can't see how anybody would say the defense didn't do it's job.

Sacks are what will hopefully get Gannon a HC job and out of town 👍

Despite the narrative that Hurts a bad teammate and just standing there looking annoyed and not engaged with teammates (the cameras show things for drama).

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Despite the narrative that Hurts a bad teammate and just standing there looking annoyed and not engaged with teammates (the cameras show things for drama).

Lol, who the hell said Hurts is a bad teammate?

5 hours ago, Thrive said:

Begs the question as to how much this team really improves with Jalen coming back. Yes he’s the best player on the team but the rest of the team is in shambles.

The drop off from Hurts to Minshew is seismic. Hurts is the prime catalyst of the team, the run game, and the pass game. Take him out and the team damn near becomes unrecognizable. 

He’s back next week and all will be well as a result. 

13 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

The drop off from Hurts to Minshew is seismic. Hurts is the prime catalyst of the team, the run game, and the pass game. Take him out and the team damn near becomes unrecognizable. 

Jesus-the-Saviour.jpg?ssl=1

27 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

We’ll see. Not sure how much one player can really change this ish show.

2 minutes ago, Thrive said:

We’ll see. Not sure how much one player can really change this ish show.

Hurts is not you're run of the mill one player. He's an MVP level QB. The difference will be light years.

3 hours ago, vaff said:

I'm wondering if they're basing it on him not goofing around on the bench with Brown, Smith, etc. Not only is that dumb, but it should be seen as a good thing that he's locked in.

Edit: Now I'm seeing about him looking pissed on the sidelines during the game and "not talking" with the team. That's stupid and inaccurate.

4 hours ago, vaff said:

I think it was the 2022 season thread but some posters were saying they were disappointed because they didn’t see Hurts coaching minshew up on the sidelines or trying to encourage the team specifically the offense :rolleyes:

They said every time the camera panned over to him he looked dejected and disinterested. But as everyone knows the cameras don’t catch everything. 

Archived