Time to put Howie back in the basement? - Discuss Howie Roseman here

ToDie4Eagles

22 hours ago, NOTW said:

12 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

There's a clip of Gannon super pumped by the pick that was happening before the Donahoe incident. I'm no Howie fan but I think this incident is overblown

I’m far happier that my DC is going bananas as opposed to the old man scout being glum cause we didn’t draft slot CB Aaron Robinson. 

Howie loves cellphones. He looks so corny talking on his phone and fist bumping people.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The incident is absolutely overblown but the way this FO and organisation is right now its just a bad luck. Donohoe didn't cover himself in any glory but nor has Howie. 

They can only blame themselves for their look of dysfunction. Like I’ve mentioned before Howie has made lemonade out of this off-season, but that doesn’t take away from the fact he’s the one who brought the lemons. Hopefully it all will pan out, but I’m not going to assume it will. 

• Like 1

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

They can only blame themselves for their look of dysfunction. Like I’ve mentioned before Howie has made lemonade out of this off-season, but that doesn’t take away from the fact he’s the one who brought the lemons. Hopefully it all will pan out, but I’m not going to assume it will. 

Oh I agree. I was just speaking to my friend (Niners fan) and he was saying what a bad look this is. I mean look this happens in most draft rooms but to be aired on TV like this?

• Like 1

Just keep the fire Howie chants going at the Phillies, Sixers, and Flyers games. That bad PR actually gets more traction with the Owner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie should be a politician: creates problems then claims he's the one to fix the problems. He's had to learn how to be a GM every year for a decade and still hasn't figuredit out.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2021 at 6:32 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh I agree. I was just speaking to my friend (Niners fan) and he was saying what a bad look this is. I mean look this happens in most draft rooms but to be aired on TV like this?

Maybe it’s overblown as some say, but I mean it’s a lot of the same stuff we have been watching. Throw a lot of picks at the same position and hoping something sticks. Once again Howie has used picks in the first three rounds to pick developmental type/risk players and backups. Smith probably starts week one, but there’s little chance his second or third round picks start this season barring injuries. That’s assuming the center they drafted doesn’t get injured again himself. I hope it all works out, but the track record is spotty at best. 

• Like 2

On 5/2/2021 at 12:25 PM, gameshowfan91 said:

We need to not go to games nor buy merchandise until Howie is fired from Eagles. Howie needs to be sent to WWE, where he can't screw things up for others. He can be someone wrestlers squash.

That's cool, when you get this message across to the other millions of fans let us know

One day, Howie will be GM, part owner, and managing director.

• Sad 1

On 5/6/2021 at 10:21 AM, CouchKing said:

One day, Howie will be GM, part owner, and managing director.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Howie were Jeff’s illegitimate son or something. 😂

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Howie were Jeff’s illegitimate son or something. 😂

...or lover

11 minutes ago, NCTANK said:

...or lover

Also a possibility. 

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He just needs 3 premium first round picks to turn this around!

THIS time, Howie just has to nail the draft or the team will be set back for years! (We've said this for 10 years).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

THIS time, Howie just has to nail the draft or the team will be set back for years! (We've said this for 10 years).

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

Pretty demoralising isn't it! We have all this ammo next year but zero faith the man in charge is going to use them wisely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Pretty demoralising isn't it! We have all this ammo next year but zero faith the man in charge is going to use them wisely.

The scary thing is next year could be the ultimate Eagles draft of a lifetime. The Eagles could have three top 10 picks which could set the franchise up for years but this bozo is running the draft. 

I just have a feeling it’s him and Lurie playing fantasy football with the team’s future. I’m sure he’ll have a ton of excuses for the poor season: new coaching staff, new QB, Graham injury, blah blah blah… Unfortunately, Lurie with his blinders on will give him another chance even though he’s missed on so many high picks. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

28 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

The scary thing is next year could be the ultimate Eagles draft of a lifetime. The Eagles could have three top 10 picks which could set the franchise up for years but this bozo is running the draft. 

I just have a feeling it’s him and Lurie playing fantasy football with the team’s future. I’m sure he’ll have a ton of excuses for the poor season: new coaching staff, new QB, Graham injury, blah blah blah… Unfortunately, Lurie with his blinders on will give him another chance even though he’s missed on so many high picks. 

I've defended Howie at times but I am firmly of the view he should be tied to Hurts' success or failure. I'm not ready to completely give up on Hurts yet, but the results aren't promising at this time.

If Hurts shows himself not to be the guy, then Howie needs to be accountable and go.

We really need those 2/3 first rounders to restock the D and O-Line, but the way it's going we are going to have to spend a lot of capital on drafting/a trade for a QB. Howie has neglected the D for years and it will really start to show. 

• Like 1

I think Sirianni isn't a good coach but I'm not gonna waste any energy on him since I think he'll get canned no problem.

Howie is the one that scares me. Lurie loves the guy.  But I really don't want him ruining our draft next year.

• Like 1

They tend to make decent picks in late rounds especially linemen and I think it's because that late in the draft Howie doesn't really know the players and isn't trying to make some big splash.  By then, they are sticking to their board and a scout or coach speaks up wanting a certain player.  Example Stoutland getting an O lineman he likes and wants to develop.

Howie also does ok with very high picks (Lane Johnson, DeVonta Smith) because they are a bit more no brainers.  Mid to late 1st round and in the 2nd-5th rounds he doesn't do well overall.  Every team has a good pick here and there but Howie has too many failures.  And the defense has suffered greatly where they're hanging onto Cox and BG and free agents from other teams since they can't draft.

Howie either needs to be like Joe Banner and just be the finance guy and let a VP of Player Personnel (Andy Weidl ain't it) take over the draft or they need to fire Howie and get a better GM.

• Like 1

Fire Howie and get a better GM is the correct answer. Focus on building the best talent evaluation team in the NFL. As for the salary cap, savvy contract lawyers are a dime a dozen.

• Like 5