Time to put Howie back in the basement? - Discuss Howie Roseman here

ToDie4Eagles

Picking #10 overall is one thing, let's see the rest.

ABC just put this graphic up and said days 2-3 are really how you build your team.

20210430_180157.jpg

31 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yeah, hell of an area to make a name in.

I don't see you picking any good 7th rounders!

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

But afan said he is great in the 7th round and with UDFA's.

Howie ain't picking those players.  Get to the later rounds and he doesn't even probably know their names.  That's the time he starts listening to who the scouts and coaches want.  Example they get all these O linemen that Stoutland works into good players in the late rounds.  

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't see you picking any good 7th rounders!

I pick all the good ones!

4th year in a row they have not drafted defense in rounds 1 or 2. 

Only 1 defensive player taken in the 3rd round in those 4 years.  So all offense on days 1 and 2 in the draft except 1 pick.

• Like 3

There goes Asante Samuel Jr. Howie goes back to being an idiot!!!

Dickerson is a solid player, but you can't make that pick with Samuel sitting there.         It's uncanny how often they miss the no-brainer right in their lap.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjkvol said:

Dickerson is a solid player when he has two knees, but you can't make that pick with Samuel sitting there.         It's uncanny how often they miss the no-brainer right in their lap.

Fixed your post.

7 minutes ago, NOTW said:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

This is the greatest Howie clip ever - totally exposes his self promotional  style and lack of understanding of the game and he tries to force everyone to fist pump him for his forced pick of the combine warrior in the top of the third that many had not being drafted.  I want to meet the last guy who’s not buying it - he knows football. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We should have had andre cisco not howie’s combine warrior who will be the next Markus smith or genard avery. 

16 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Fing embarrassing fire him

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

The two words that come to mind are pathetic and embarrassing.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Maybe Howie is having too much "fun" right now. Hopefully, getting exposed on national TV will lead to smarter decisions on Day 3 (not trading back for minimal return)

8 hours ago, mjkvol said:

Sorry, absolutely no offense intended, but that completely misses the point.          I don't give a rat's ass about Howie Roseman, what he thinks, wants, or is trying to do.        Results are the only thing that matter, and the results he has delivered in his job would have gotten most anyone else schiitcanned well before he was able to run a franchise into the ground.

I think you've missed the point here. I'm not defending Howie. I'm a huge Howie critic. I'm not a Howie fan at all and I wanted him out a long time ago. 

I was all hyped up after the first round but Howie had to put us back in place smh. We need defense and not just a combine warrior when our head scout can't even look in our GM's eyes after the pick. JOK would have been awesome in round 2 instead of a 4 time injured center hybrid too but I do like Dickerson if he can stay healthy. Ehhh we'll see.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

4th year in a row they have not drafted defense in rounds 1 or 2. 

Only 1 defensive player taken in the 3rd round in those 4 years.  So all offense on days 1 and 2 in the draft except 1 pick.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think you've missed the point here. I'm not defending Howie. I'm a huge Howie critic. I'm not a Howie fan at all and I wanted him out a long time ago. 

1 hour ago, Damanick10 said:

I was all hyped up after the first round but Howie had to put us back in place smh. We need defense and not just a combine warrior when our head scout can't even look in our GM's eyes after the pick. JOK would have been awesome in round 2 instead of a 4 time injured center hybrid too but I do like Dickerson if he can stay healthy. Ehhh we'll see.

I’ve defended Howie more than most on these boards and he dominated in round one, but I hate what he did here.

I like building through the trenches. It’s key. But we had drastic other needs. Plus "Hope is not a strategy when it comes to injuries” (Howie Roseman). Then takes a guy who has been plagued by injuries his whole career at a position where continuity is essential.

The negligence in adding young talent to the D over the last 6 years has been shocking.

I am absolutely not happy...our secondary nad LBs position have more holes than emental and we don't address them...at least we have pur egomaniac at GM position...

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No, I totally get that, and sorry for picking on your post.        I was just reacting to the idea of a guy with poor evaluation skills being trusted as the primary decision maker with regard to player personnel and especially the draft.          The fact that he's almost cemented into the spot as Lurie's mini-me doesn't lend much hope that this move toward mediocrity will end anytime soon.

My biggest fear is that the Eagles settle into the "9-7, 8-8, 10-6, make the playoffs most years but always a few players short, good enough to not break it up" mode of the Reid years after 2004.          This off season was the golden opportunity for a complete franchise reset, and instead Lurie leaves the one clown in place who is primarily responsible for the need of a reset in the first place.

We've seen this movie too many times here over the last 20 years, and I for one can't get into a "hope for the best" mode in full knowledge that nothing will dramatically change until this idiot is out of the organization and Lurie gives up his new age management ideas.         With every passing day 2017 seems more and more like something that happened in a dream, and then you wake up the next morning thinking "damn, was that real?"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

Why does it have to be here this kind of foolishness goes on?   (Rhetorical, of course)          Perhaps it will take being the laughingstock of the league for Lurie to wake up one day and realize that Roseman having fun in the draft room isn't something that his billion dollar franchise can afford.

3 hours ago, mjkvol said:

Why does it have to be here this kind of foolishness goes on?   (Rhetorical, of course)          Perhaps it will take being the laughingstock of the league for Lurie to wake up one day and realize that Roseman having fun in the draft room isn't something that his billion dollar franchise can afford.

Donahoe didn’t look like his was having "fun”. Fantasy football is fun, this is the real deal. 

I’m sure everyone here would rather see a guy like Donahoe making the picks. 

• Like 1

Not gonna let Tom ruin another fist bump fest!

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/draft-howie-roseman-cornerback-donahoe-20210501.html?utm_source=t.co&utm_campaign=edit_social_share_twitter_traffic&utm_medium=social&utm_content=&utm_term=&int_promo=

NFL draft 2021: Eagles GM Howie Roseman’s popularity was short-lived
Roseman was a hero with Eagles fans after drafting wide receiver DeVonta Smith in the first round. Not so much in Friday's second and third rounds.

Well, it didn’t take long for Howie Roseman to go from Draft Day genius back to village idiot.

Even his harshest critics were applauding him on Thursday night after the Eagles GM snookered the New York Giants and traded up in front of them to steal Alabama wide receiver DeVonta Smith.

But then came Friday night.

First, Roseman, who just last year said "hope is not a strategy” when asked about taking any more chances on players with considerable injury histories, drafted a guy in the second round – Alabama center/guard Landon Dickerson -- who has had two ACL tears and two season-ending ankle injuries in the last five years.

Few NFL scouts question Dickerson’s ability. Take away the injuries, including the second ACL tear he still is rehabbing from, and the 6-5, 333-pounder probably would’ve been a mid-first-round pick.

Take away the injuries and this guy is a perfect eventual replacement option for either 33-year-old four-time Pro Bowl center Jason Kelce or 31-year-old three-time Pro Bowl right guard Brandon Brooks.

But you can’t take away the injuries. This is as much a risk as Sidney Jones was four years ago. You’re supposed to learn from your mistakes, not repeat them.

One of the Eagles’ biggest needs going into this draft was cornerback. After getting Smith on Day 1, the expectation was they would add a corner on Day 2. But that didn’t happen.

One pick before the Eagles took Dickerson, the Miami Dolphins, who are a frequent trading partner of the Eagles, selected one of the draft’s top slot corners, Jevon Holland of Oregon.

After the Eagles took Dickerson, four corners or slot safeties – Richie Grant of Central Florida, Trevon Moehrig of TCU, Kelvin Joseph of Kentucky and Asante Samuel Jr. of Florida State -- went in the next 10 picks.

After Samuel was selected by the Los Angeles Chargers with the 47th pick, another corner/slot guy didn’t go until the New York Giants took Aaron Robinson of Central Florida in the third round with the 71st overall pick.

The Eagles initially had the pick right in front of the Giants, No. 70. But they ended up trading down three spots to 73 with the Carolina Panthers in exchange for yet another worthless sixth-round pick (they already had three of them, along with two seventh-round picks). Those sixth- and seventh-round picks are worth two cents on the dollar this season because of the much-smaller pool of draftable players. Many of players that would’ve been there in the sixth and seventh rounds decided to stay in school after the NCAA gave student-athletes an extra year of eligibility because of the pandemic.

It’s believed that several Eagles scouts and personnel people, including respected senior personnel adviser Tom Donahoe, liked the 5-11, 186-pound Robinson a lot. NFL Network draft analyst Ben Fennell had him rated as the third best slot corner in the draft behind Elijah Molden of Washington, who ended up going later in the third round to Tennessee, and Holland.

Whether the Eagles’ plan was to take Robinson at 73 is unclear. If it was, they never got the chance because the Giants took him at No. 71, one pick behind the Eagles’ original selection.

The Eagles ended up using their third-round pick on developmental defensive lineman Milton Williams of Louisiana Tech. which means just one of the first three draft picks on a team that finished 4-11-1 last season, is going to be starting this season.

• Sad 1