Time to put Howie back in the basement? - Discuss Howie Roseman here

ToDie4Eagles

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I agree, and he was the same way with Joe Banner too. Ironically people wondered why Joe got to stay as long as he did too. Joe wanted more power in the organization though and ultimately that ruined their relationship it seems. Howie certainly has a lot of ambition, but he seems to know how when not to over step, but I wonder how far this all can go? How far do the Eagles have to fall before Jeff dumps Howie and willingly makes changes in his own meddling? 

Lurie believes that his pick of Hurts probably saved the franchise. And he probably is right. So if this becomes a good season and Hurts a hit the answer to your questions are:

Not anytime soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infam said:

Lurie believes that his pick of Hurts probably saved the franchise. And he probably is right. So if this becomes a good season and Hurts a hit the answer to your questions are:

Not anytime soon.

Even if Hurts is as good as you think he is it doesn’t mean his meddling is good for the franchise and there are other players who Lurie wanted (JJAW) that failed to live up to the hype. Personally I’m not putting any expectations on Hurts. I put big expectations on Wentz and he woefully disappointed so I’m taking a wait and see on Hurts. I don’t get why people are so ready to anoint or bury this kid.

Whether Lurie is meddling and making Howie the scapegoat, or Lurie and Howie are both overriding the scouts general consensus, or the coaches aren't teaching and utilizing the players, or whatever excuses they all point to dysfunction and the need to make foundational changes.  Build a philosophy for the team that drives scouting, acquiring players, scheme, coaching hires, contract decisions, everything.  They keep changing scheme and what they look for in coaches each hire and have to rebuild around it.  You do have to innovate and continue to grow and not be stagnant, but you do that within a foundation of core philosophies and values that drive decisions and keep on track.

• Like 1

Everyone is expecting Howie to make up for 2 horrible drafts with an amazing once in a lifetime draft. Myself I would be ok if he just has an OK draft and not F it up again. 

• Like 3

They’ve got to see the numerous "Fire Howie” comments posted on all of the Eagles social media posts

13 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

They’ve got to see the numerous "Fire Howie” comments posted on all of the Eagles social media posts

It's hilarious how many fans post to fire Howie on all their posts.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

They chanted it at a Phillies game and basically talked about how awful Howie is during live games last year, they clearly don't give a sheet what we or anyone else thinks. 

9 hours ago, NOTW said:

Whether Lurie is meddling and making Howie the scapegoat, or Lurie and Howie are both overriding the scouts general consensus, or the coaches aren't teaching and utilizing the players, or whatever excuses they all point to dysfunction and the need to make foundational changes.  Build a philosophy for the team that drives scouting, acquiring players, scheme, coaching hires, contract decisions, everything.  They keep changing scheme and what they look for in coaches each hire and have to rebuild around it.  You do have to innovate and continue to grow and not be stagnant, but you do that within a foundation of core philosophies and values that drive decisions and keep on track.

Are you suggesting that emotional intelligence isn't a viable core philosophy of a championship organization?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjkvol said:

Are you suggesting that emotional intelligence isn't a viable core philosophy of a championship organization?

Let's get some ice cream! 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 12:20 PM, opa-opa said:

Everyone is expecting Howie to make up for 2 horrible drafts with an amazing once in a lifetime draft. Myself I would be ok if he just has an OK draft and not F it up again. 

That’s exactly what we need if we want to rise to the level of being a mediocre team again.  If we want to become legitimate contenders we need to string together 2 solid drafts (for starters).  I know, hard to have any faith in Howie having just one average draft, but if he’d just go by the advice of the scouts, then it is possible.  There was enough calling him out publicly by numerous sources this offseason that perhaps he will.  Fingers crossed.  

• Like 1

They just need to draft good players...... No crap. 

People keep saying they are prepared to be disappointed but Howie finds new ways to disappoint.  Maybe Pitts will fall to 8 or 9, the Eagles will trade up and take Paye.  Or maybe Waddle falls to 12 and the Eagles take Paye.

You never know exactly what it will be but it will be something new and innovative

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

People keep saying they are prepared to be disappointed but Howie finds new ways to disappoint.  Maybe Pitts will fall to 8 or 9, the Eagles will trade up and take Paye.  Or maybe Waddle falls to 12 and the Eagles take Paye.

We will always be disappointed even if we prepare ourselves for the worst. We always have feint hope that Howie may surprise us and go a route that would excite us. 

You would think the Eagles social media team would turn off comments already :lol:

Screenshot_20210428-182445_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210428-182432_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

You would think the Eagles social media team would turn off comments already :lol:

Screenshot_20210428-182445_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210428-182432_Facebook.jpg

Ha! You must wonder what Howie makes of the current situation and how the fans feel at the moment.

Not long to go for the Wheelin and Dealin and miss on most of those draft picks.. FLY HOWIE FLY

On 4/27/2021 at 10:49 PM, pgcd3 said:

You never know exactly what it will be but it will be something new and innovative

I felt pretty good so far, but today there is a bit of anxiety building up to be honest.

• Like 1

Just now, Infam said:

I felt pretty good so far, but today there is a bit of anxiety building up to be honest.

Agreed. Even though I know they are going to disappoint us somehow I still keep a small amount of hope that they don't.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. Even though I know they are going to disappoint us somehow I still keep a small amount of hope that they don't.

I just hope they are like: Oh look at that enthusiastic Siriani kid, let's give him the dude he is so crazy about and see how that goes.. 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Infam said:

I just hope they are like: Oh look at that enthusiastic Siriani kid, let's give him the dude he is so crazy about and see how that goes.. 😂

I mean yeah that or I just hope they listen to their scouts who have worked so hard all year.

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean yeah that or I just hope they listen to their scouts who have worked so hard all year.

Sure. I mean he must have heard the scouts, so if he is like "Waddle is the guy that will transform everything" (just an example) I feel like just do it though. 

Have him pick a top player for his first own team.. 

(And he is not going to pick an overrated lineman!!!)

On 4/27/2021 at 4:38 PM, time2rock said:

That’s exactly what we need if we want to rise to the level of being a mediocre team again.  If we want to become legitimate contenders we need to string together 2 solid drafts (for starters).  I know, hard to have any faith in Howie having just one average draft, but if he’d just go by the advice of the scouts, then it is possible.  There was enough calling him out publicly by numerous sources this offseason that perhaps he will.  Fingers crossed.  

If that were true, I don't think he trades out of #6 overall where he likely gets one of Pitts or Chase. What professional scouts wouldn't say those two are impact players? So Howie trades back to the group of maybe good players while picking up a likely mid 1st rounder in 2022, just to select another from that group next year. It's a lovely chance for Roseman the crappy evaluator to miss on both of those and set the team back again.

I guess I'm just frustrated that Howie oversees a process that has come up small 5 drafts IN A ROW, and he's corrected absolutely nothing during that time to bring in top shelf talent in bunches as required. Doing that would set him apart as a great GM. Not doing it makes him...well...Howie, the slightly less than mediocre. After all, that's exactly what he's been in the draft. The results don't lie.

40 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol would not surprise if we hear Fire Howie chants

That phrase will be shouted somewhere!