Time to put Howie back in the basement? - Discuss Howie Roseman here

ToDie4Eagles

3 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

If Hurts shows himself not to be the guy, then Howie needs to be accountable and go.

I'd agree with that. There really was no need to draft Hurts when he did. They'd just given Wentz a 5 year deal so it made no sense. Now if they had doubts over Wentz then OK fine but then Howie should be held accountable for giving Wentz that contract and then straight away having doubts. 

• Like 2

So much for it's a rebuild I'm not expecting anything this year lmao . Bunch of crybabies

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

So much for it's a rebuild I'm not expecting anything this year lmao . Bunch of crybabies

^this

This level of ineptness was expected. The homerism is the only reason for thinking otherwise.

The Howie turd-pile showed how much its stinks now and you can't ignore it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's both.  I've wanted Howie gone for years, AND I knew this was a rebuild year with low expectations.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'd agree with that. There really was no need to draft Hurts when he did. They'd just given Wentz a 5 year deal so it made no sense. Now if they had doubts over Wentz then OK fine but then Howie should be held accountable for giving Wentz that contract and then straight away having doubts. 

Everything about that pick was a complete train wreck. Right down to the fact that Hurts seems to be a marginal backup NFL QB from an ability perspective. The way he handled adversity in college always rubbed me the wrong way. And the way he rolled his eyes at Smith after the pick 6 wasn't cool either. 

49 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Everything about that pick was a complete train wreck. Right down to the fact that Hurts seems to be a marginal backup NFL QB from an ability perspective. The way he handled adversity in college always rubbed me the wrong way. And the way he rolled his eyes at Smith after the pick 6 wasn't cool either. 

I demand PERFECTION from a young guy in his 20s struggling with a huge blowout loss. No emotion, no complaints!

Meanwhile, daily at your job...:lol:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Sorry but I don't agree there. Hurts may turn out to be a marginal NFL QB but he's not a marginal back up.

14 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

For the love of Christ, drafting a back up in round 2 was never the issue, other teams have done it, the Packers have done it multiple times with Rodgers, there's a lot of things to get on at Howie for, but Carson Wentz being a massive **** about it means Wentz is a massive **** not the team is wrong to pick a back up QB in an earlier round than one of their employees felt was appropriately respectful to him.

14 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

To be fair a lot of people (myself included) have always said Howie should never have been in control of the rebuild, I said before the season started we wouldn't win many and I still believe that albeit I was initially surprised by how good we looked against Atlanta, but nothing has changed my view that we're fundamentally screwed until we get rid of Howie and letting him spend potentially 3 first round picks in next years draft is lunacy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Sorry but I don't agree there. Hurts may turn out to be a marginal NFL QB but he's not a marginal back up.

Hasn’t exactly proven to be even a decent backup yet. In two separate seasons, he’s given us the type of sample size that you’d expect from a backup having to play a few games, and results aren’t great. 

4 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Hasn’t exactly proven to be even a decent backup yet. In two separate seasons, he’s given us the type of sample size that you’d expect from a backup having to play a few games, and results aren’t great. 

I said last year that if they didn't have an assumed long term starter or "franchise QB" on the roster when they drafted him and he were drafted and the day 1 starter as a rookie, he'd be seen differently.  Last year he stepped in when Carson was having his worst year and the team was losing.  Bad situation, and the hype was higher because the backup QB is always the most popular player in Philly.

He's taken over as starter of a 4 win team from last year, with 3/5 of the O line injured, new coach and system and his top 2 WRs are a rookie and 2nd year player.  There will be ups and downs and he just needs to start all year and by the end of the year evaluate and see how he did.  

11 minutes ago, NOTW said:

IHe's taken over as starter of a 4 win team from last year, with 3/5 of the O line injured, new coach and system and his top 2 WRs are a rookie and 2nd year player.  There will be ups and downs and he just needs to start all year and by the end of the year evaluate and see how he did.  

With the OL injuries and confidence in the team shaken, there will be more downs that ups I am afraid.

54 minutes ago, Procus said:

With the OL injuries and confidence in the team shaken, there will be more downs that ups I am afraid.

And they have a tough schedule.  The organization will have to decide if Hurts is their guy going forward or not...but I expect that Howie and the QB Factory will be drafting a QB for competition/insurance.  

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I said last year that if they didn't have an assumed long term starter or "franchise QB" on the roster when they drafted him and he were drafted and the day 1 starter as a rookie, he'd be seen differently.  Last year he stepped in when Carson was having his worst year and the team was losing.  Bad situation, and the hype was higher because the backup QB is always the most popular player in Philly.

He's taken over as starter of a 4 win team from last year, with 3/5 of the O line injured, new coach and system and his top 2 WRs are a rookie and 2nd year player.  There will be ups and downs and he just needs to start all year and by the end of the year evaluate and see how he did.  

Oh certainly. I’m definitely not suggesting he be benched now. I’m only speaking on his current sample size, which I think is unfavorable. Captain Obvious I know lol. 

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Oh certainly. I’m definitely not suggesting he be benched now. I’m only speaking on his current sample size, which I think is unfavorable. Captain Obvious I know lol. 

I was agreeing with you and just adding to it for the rest of the class.

:smoke:

On 9/29/2021 at 11:13 AM, NOTW said:

And they have a tough schedule.  The organization will have to decide if Hurts is their guy going forward or not...but I expect that Howie and the QB Factory will be drafting a QB for competition/insurance.  

I'm not convinced the upcoming draft class has any QB's worth taking. The group looks weak to me.

20 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I'm not convinced the upcoming draft class has any QB's worth taking. The group looks weak to me.

That's what I hear too...but that won't stop the QB factory. :lol:

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 11:13 AM, NOTW said:

Drafting in what round?

13 minutes ago, Procus said:

Drafting in what round?

Idk, 1st or 2nd? Gotta keep the QB factory producing. 

• 2 weeks later...

How many years of bad drafts, bad contracts, no accountability, and fired coaches will Howie survive? 

57 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

How many years of bad drafts, bad contracts, no accountability, and fired coaches will Howie survive? 

Well probably until Lurie figures out how to delete those photos off of Howie's phone. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

All of them apparently. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

We have to hope he sent inappropriate emails to Gruden.

• Like 1