EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

14 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Did I hear that right?  Iowa WR Brandon Smith at 6-2 had a 47" vertical??

I think they may have misspoke 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Duh.  Thanks for catching up,with the rest of us, John. Not really tweet worthy as hardly breaking news.

Guest justrelax
2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Duh.  Thanks for catching up,with the rest of us, John. Not really tweet worthy as hardly breaking news.

Hey, at least he was accurate.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Carson Wentz is easy to blame, but Howie Roseman is the one constant in the  Philadelphia Eagles' dysfunction

This made me chuckle. I just saw it 

image.gif.4054bcf98bf8ea73848a1b4058b59108.gif

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Still impressive.  Man Amari Rodgers would be a nice upgrade over Greg Ward.

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Why would you draft a backup prospect  in rd 2 ?

Ask Roseman.

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Honestly that movie has its moments 

image.gif.f048101bd9def5e6af73ea69bb1f4757.gif

Cakes and pies...cakes and pies!

22 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

To keep The Factory up and running.

5 minutes ago, metal said:

To keep The Factory up and running.

spacer.png

Speaking of vertical leaps what do you think of this guy -  Josh Imatorbhebhe  -  6 foot 2, 220 pounds and played for not so great Illinois

Some watching the curl routes and one of the commentators nailed it when he said change of direction is everything in the NFL as the receivers are taking three and four steps to stop and cut.   It is why I look at short shuttle and three cone times.  The measure the ability to stop and turn.  IMHO Howie undervalues that aspect in some of his choices.  

So let’s take Stokes as an example.  Any advantage 4.25 speed gives him is lost if his hips are stiff or it takes him too many steps to stop and change direction.  Do we have those drill results for him yet?

Frankly, I thought his neck and his poor scores on the three cone and short shuttle hurt Metcalf in the draft about equally.   Seemed to be a strong straight line guy.  That’s why, take him away from Russell Wilson, whose legs extend time for Metcalf to get open and he doesn’t post as good of results.  That said, JJAW wasn’t much better on those drills than Metcalf.  

In contrast, look at TJ Edwards short and three cone.  6.99 three cone for a linebacker is pretty damn good.  4.15 short shuttle shows a guy that can change direction and stop and move pretty quickly.  Throw in his instincts and his 40 time has less meaning.  It is a combination of traits and skills that make a player.

I suspect as they get more sophisticated at data interpretation using computer review of film that teams will take a next step in player evaluation. Because the computer will better measure reaction time, speed, change of direction and stopping all together.  

22 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Still impressive.  Man Amari Rodgers would be a nice upgrade over Greg Ward.

Ward has much better hands.  I want the guy that supplants Ward to have as good of a catch rate with better speed, agility etc.  

It remains a 1 year deal for Jason Kelce with the cap hit dropping from $8.41M to $4.06M, clearing $4.35M in cap space for 2021. Void years were added through 2025, where the #Eagles will pay $15.08M

10 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Speaking of vertical leaps what do you think of this guy -  Josh Imatorbhebhe  -  6 foot 2, 220 pounds and played for not so great Illinois

So he has JJAW's build, speed but about a foot higher vertical jump? 

14 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Some watching the curl routes and one of the commentators nailed it when he said change of direction is everything in the NFL as the receivers are taking three and four steps to stop and cut.   It is why I look at short shuttle and three cone times.  The measure the ability to stop and turn.  IMHO Howie undervalues that aspect in some of his choices.  

So let’s take Stokes as an example.  Any advantage 4.25 speed gives him is lost if his hips are stiff or it takes him too many steps to stop and change direction.  Do we have those drill results for him yet?

Frankly, I thought his neck and his poor scores on the three cone and short shuttle hurt Metcalf in the draft about equally.   Seemed to be a strong straight line guy.  That’s why, take him away from Russell Wilson, whose legs extend time for Metcalf to get open and he doesn’t post as good of results.  That said, JJAW wasn’t much better on those drills than Metcalf.  

In contrast, look at TJ Edwards short and three cone.  6.99 three cone for a linebacker is pretty damn good.  4.15 short shuttle shows a guy that can change direction and stop and move pretty quickly.  Throw in his instincts and his 40 time has less meaning.  It is a combination of traits and skills that make a player.

I suspect as they get more sophisticated at data interpretation using computer review of film that teams will take a next step in player evaluation. Because the computer will better measure reaction time, speed, change of direction and stopping all together.  

Got to be careful with any drill, the training a lot of these guys do give false postives. You should look at game film and see how they move in pads.

One factor with WRs that's underrated is their ability to hide their routes so the CB can't anticipate what they're doing, if you slow down to make a cut, if you lean into the cut, or have other "tells" you'll struggle to get separation no matter how fast you run.

11 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

It remains a 1 year deal for Jason Kelce with the cap hit dropping from $8.41M to $4.06M, clearing $4.35M in cap space for 2021. Void years were added through 2025, where the #Eagles will pay $15.08M

2025? Damn lol

We are going to be paying half this roster through 2024 even if they all are gone by then.

54 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

ask Howie

1 hour ago, greendestiny27 said:

I'd be totally fine with him in round 2. If the time is legit he won't make it out of round 1 though 

Yep. I wanted him in the second but after that run even if the time is off he’s gonna go in the first. Probably late 25-32 range. 

52 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

I got the Moderna vaccine, and got my 2nd shot at about 730am.  That night, around 10 or so, I felt a little off, like a cold was coming. Woke up the next morning fine.

Some people said they got very sore, had chills, mild fever, etc lasting for like 12-18 hours.  Thats the worst Ive heard.

Ive heard many rumors about how blood type, age, physical condition, etc. relate to side effects but Im not sure any of it is true

Yeah, but your from West By God Virginia, they make you boys a little tougher

49 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Still impressive.  Man a blind ferret  would be a nice upgrade over Greg Ward.

fyp

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

It's not quite that bad, but the point is valid that we need to get younger and add depth.

Yes, I was too dramatic- horrible is too much.

Saw the list of FAs coming up and could not help but think of all the morons that wanted to give up multiple picks to trade for Yannick who is about to hit his 3rd team after getting traded just last year. 

Archived