EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, greend said:

Thanks

On the Square - is the recommendation.  

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Kelce has what, at least 2 years, of productive play left in him.

Do the Eagles still target IOL in this draft early or kick the can for another season?

This is important stuff. My PFN mock drafts depend on it.

Just now, Iggles25 said:

Do the Eagles still target IOL in this draft early or kick the can for another season?

BPA but a good chance that one of the first two day picks will result in the BPA being an IOL.

14 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Saw the list of FAs coming up and could not help but think of all the morons that wanted to give up multiple picks to trade for Yannick who is about to hit his 3rd team after getting traded just last year. 

...... and I didn’t get you anything 

To be fair, I said I’d give a 2nd and 3rd for Ngakoue — but we’ve got Hurts and Davion Taylor instead .... so, that’ll teach me 

6 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Pretty sure this is his last year, otherwise they would have extended him instead of taking on the massive amount of dead money next year. 

Just now, Alphagrand said:

To be fair, I said I’d give a 2nd and 3rd for Ngakoue — but we’ve got Hurts and Davion Taylor instead .... so, that’ll teach me 

It should teach you since we would have had to cut him just like the Ravens did because we couldnt afford his contract. 

So would I rather have Hurts and Taylor who will at least be on the team or nothing? Thats a tough one there. 

4 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

It should teach you since we would have had to cut him just like the Ravens did because we couldnt afford his contract. 

So would I rather have Hurts and Taylor who will at least be on the team or nothing? Thats a tough one there. 

Ravens didn't cut him, he was on a 1 year deal.

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Ravens didn't cut him, he was on a 1 year deal.

Thats right, I forgot Vikings restructured the 1 year deal. Either way we couldnt afford him so we would have nothing. 

10 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Thats right, I forgot Vikings restructured the 1 year deal. Either way we couldnt afford him so we would have nothing. 

5th round comp pick in 2022. 

32 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

I think his goal is to be as sure as he can HOF player. I think Mawae was the last center inducted and he had a 15 year career.  I would think that getting as close to that mark as he could would be his goal.  I think that would mean at least 2 more seasons but possibly 3 to 4.  All of it would be dependent on his health.  I think the Eagles will have some good interior o-line options on day 2 and 3.  I would hope they consider it.  

Eagles are at -$25M for the cap. Doesn't include any restructure for Graham, Johnson or Cox. Still have Hargrave, Brooks, Goodwin and Barnett as options as well.

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

Saw the list of FAs coming up and could not help but think of all the morons that wanted to give up multiple picks to trade for Yannick who is about to hit his 3rd team after getting traded just last year. 

He'll only be 26 this month and is still at a position of need lol

5 minutes ago, DumbleBear said:

Oh Yeah sure.  " I " add absolutely "nothing of value" and yet you've spent 10 pages of BlogOlogy campaigning that the Eagles should use the highest pick they've had since 2015/2016 on an Oregon Duck who pancaked such massive competition as DeSean's younger cousin whose claim to fame is a decade and a half of Twinkies in the Sonoran Desert and has an Uncle who showed up to bum rush Area 51. 

I'll pass wholeheartedly on the "We need the biggest Duck" on the planet campaign. 

You’re just angry you’re a bear and not a duck. 

Given that we have Kelce for another year, Herbig and Driscoll as backups, and some long-shot center prospects, I don't think OL will be a priority.

Rather, they can gamble on 3rd day/UDFA guys that Stoutland thinks he can turn into players in a year or two, raw athletes rather than finished products.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

You’re just angry you’re a bear and not a duck. 

duck recipes, how to cook whole duck, crispy duck recipes, duck breast recipes, whole duck recipes

I'm for Duck myself.

2 hours ago, metal said:

We are going to be paying half this roster through 2024 even if they all are gone by then.

Doesn't matter, because the contract extensions on the guys we draft won't come due for the most part until 2025-26.

There are only so many decent FAs you can add any season, after that you're throwing money away.

I’m neutral in this pitts vs. chase but i would love to see Louis riddick lose his mind on tv during the draft

1 minute ago, DumbleBear said:

And that's all I've got to say about that. 

NoPac12.jpg

So I’m guessing you were against nick foles and Zach ertz too? 

9 minutes ago, DumbleBear said:

You want to add a 4th/5th round WR from Utah or USC ... be my guest.

Foles was a hit. Ertz is wildly overrated. 

And Foles was 3rd round.  No I do not in 2021 want a Pac 12 player in either of the first 2 rounds. 

Just pointing out in terms of tight ends ertz is 2nd in yards, 2nd in receptions and 6th in tds since 2015

since being drafted (2013) hes 2nd in reception, 2nd in yards and 4th in tds for tight ends 

20 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Given that we have Kelce for another year, Herbig and Driscoll as backups, and some long-shot center prospects, I don't think OL will be a priority.

Rather, they can gamble on 3rd day/UDFA guys that Stoutland thinks he can turn into players in a year or two, raw athletes rather than finished products.

Supposedly a very good OL draft so I expect 1 lineman picked in the first 3 rounds unless we go QB anywhere in there. I do agree to a point that we should not pick any OL in the 1st, WR ( including Pitts) or the BPA on D is what makes a whole lot of sense

If Wyatt Davis is there at 37, it'd be hard not to make that pick.

Think he goes before that but we'll see.

Someone posted a safety a couple days ago that looked like a Dawkins that could play in this era and instead of landing big hits down the field was jumping big pics. 

I'd take that in the 2nd.

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Someone posted a safety a couple days ago that looked like a Dawkins that could play in this era and instead of landing big hits down the field was jumping big pics. 

I'd take that in the 2nd.

Think that was Grant from UCF.

That also would be a great pick.

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

I think we are likely to be pleasantly surprised by Taylor.  Still developing natural instincts and a huge motor.  I do think they will add a LB.  Let’s talk Genard Avery at MIKE.  Good speed for a guy that was a 250 lb LB at Memphis.  Had to cover at Memphis because AAC is a passing conference that has pretty decent RBs as well. Good agility. I really believe Avery is a better LB than DE.  Eagles have some athleticism at LB returning.  With blitzing LBs that seems suggested with Gannon, there is real potential for some mixing it up in the middle.  Avery blitzing from the middle with Cox and Hargrave occupying the middle will be a difficult LB for a RB, even Barkley, to pick off in Pass Pro.  Taylor’s or Bradley’s speed are difficult to deal with as well.  Ngakoue was always a pipe dream given the Eagles money and would have been a waste last year.  Instead, you got the guys who may be the starting QB and possibly the starting WIL.

9 hours ago, RLC said:

It begins.

Slay is now on the 2022 roster. Hopefully it's not because of void years.

Howie... Howie... Howie.    Continuing to make bad decisions worse.  Yay!!!

Archived