EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Probably going to get crap for it, but I don't think Megatron is a better WR than TO.

Disagree, but I can see you making the argument for longevity 

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

image.png.3e7babe30f186dedcf7e08109f481a6e.png

Agree or disagree?(Not mine)

complete joke.

TO is the 2nd best of all time.  The only one that can be considered above him is Moss.

22 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Disagree, but I can see you making the argument for longevity 

Well there's that, but TO also played in a time that didn't favor offense and corners could actually put their hand on a WR.

29 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

complete joke.

TO is the 2nd best of all time.  The only one that can be considered above him is Moss.

Did you know NFL football was played before 1998?

31 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

complete joke.

Uhhhhhh Jerry Rice?

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

image.png.3e7babe30f186dedcf7e08109f481a6e.png

Agree or disagree?(Not mine)

In a non alternate reality the actual championship is Megatron vs Fitz.  Rice/Moss and I guess TO can round robin for 3rd place.

Am I right in thinking that we restructured Slay’s contract? I'm sure I read that we had but I don't see a topic about it. 

Rice is the CLEAR #1 - Owens and Moss can battle for #2

btw - Nice to have Kelce back.  We aren't going anywhere but some solidity on the OL is needed to help a young QB try to develop and not get killed coming out of the gate.

Jerry Rice put up ungodly numbers in a time that was run first and DBs could kill WRs. He’s the GOAT and rightfully so. Idc he had two HOF QBs and probably the greatest offensive coach of all time. 

9 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

They forgot Jason Avant!

9 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Nah.  Lots better choices at S.  If I took a S/CB, it would be Holland.  He is a decent nickel but that seems a bit high for a nickel corner to me.  But that is all he is.  He was awful outside.

I think the two most underrated guys in the draft are Asante Jr. and Wade. If Asante were two inches taller and 20 pounds heavier, he would be a top 5 pick. But he plays two inches taller and 20 pounds heavier, so in the second round he's a steal. Wade was out of position at outside corner, but if he's there in the third round, I think they run to the podium. He's a plus athlete who tackles really well and will basically be a guy who can erase the other team's tight end/slot wr in man coverage or fit perfectly in a zone defense.

10 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Nah.  Lots better choices at S.  If I took a S/CB, it would be Holland.  He is a decent nickel but that seems a bit high for a nickel corner to me.  But that is all he is.  He was awful outside.

Listening to Fran Duffy and Cossell's podcast. They looked into the Colts defense and their slot  CB lead the team in forced turnovers. Maybe slot will be a critical role in Gannon's system. 

Sleeper S , who is a multiple player , can also play the run and pass ,  but is really good in coverage , Caden Sterns , mid rd player .

9 hours ago, Swoop said:

Probably going to get crap for it, but I don't think Megatron is a better WR than TO.

I don’t either.

The easy part is finding the talent , the tricky part is from the neck up , not having combine and private workouts will hurt , very little mental stuff will come from the pro days , you’ll have to rely on what you’re told about a player  , and limited zoom interviews .

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

The easy part is finding the talent , the tricky part is from the neck up , not having combine and private workouts will hurt , very little mental stuff will come from the pro days , you’ll have to rely on what you’re told about a player  , and limited zoom interviews .

Well it’s hard to see that you’re not all there from the neck up 

3 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Well it’s hard to see that you’re not all there from the neck up 

Not when you can sit and talk to them face to face privately 

many of player have  lost out because of face to face interviews 

9 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Perhaps no one wanted Slay. That certainly doesn’t make me feel better. 

Nope.  That means they overpaid him/overpaid for him. 

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Nope.  That means they overpaid him/overpaid for him. 

Not really. They got him before the pandemic killed the cap. That changed the equation greatly. 

10 hours ago, BigEFly said:

True.  But it is possible with less of a hit this year at the trade deadline. 

Just makes it a smaller hit for 2021, but the rest gets kicked to 2022 instead.   Hardly a major improvement.

Long story short... Howie screwed up bringing in Slay for a 3rd and 5th round pick.  He compounded that by giving him a new contract (that seems to be a Howie special), and then he kicks the extra money down the road, because he can't afford the contract he gave out just a year ago (btw... the impact of Covid was ON THE RADAR at the time that this contract was signed, and all major sports were currently shut down with no real time line in place for when they might be able to restart, so the being side-swiped by Covid isn't a defense either).  Howie has destroyed this team... and he gets digging a deeper hole for the future. 2023 is a blind optimist timeline for when this can start to get right, unless Howie stops the pushing of money to the future and 2022 might actually end up being a worse year than 2021 if they purge like they will need to in order to keep the problem from spilling over to 2023. 

9 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

just a dumb bracket 

All that needs to be said on the subject.

8 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Did you know NFL football was played before 1998?

Besides Rice, who before 1998 was better than Moss and TO? 

Archived