EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AzBirdGang said:

Howie just said they are counting big time on JJAW and Reagor next year.... LOL

Already over next year. 

They are seriously going to keep JJAW? HOW?!?

That's strange. They said the audio for Doug was bad but I could hear him...

When you see someone like Waller go in the 6th rd, get waived, then make all pro at TE, let's not write off JJAW quite yet!

I think it's hard to tell if it's talent or coaching, look at Agholor and Darby this season, what the f---?

Which is why I don't want Peddy back, I don't think player development is a strong suit for him, and it wasn't for Schwartz either.

Just now, Mike030270 said:

They are seriously going to keep JJAW? HOW?!?

He said that he will be counted on next year. Not making that up.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don’t believe he bashed philly until after the draft. Could be wrong but i believe that quote was after the draft. Either way people were in love with Denzel Mims due to his combine.

I am still of the belief the Eagles should’ve traded out of 21. I thought there were teams behind us that loved Justin Jefferson and thought he was one of the top three wide receivers in this draft. I know Daniel Jerimiah said he talked to some teams who believe that. That’s why I also would’ve traded out of that pick because I thought there were teams that would’ve given you a nice haul for doing that so they could leapfrog the Minnesota Vikings who are likely going to take a wide receiver at 21 especially if it was Jefferson  

The combine process shakes everything up in the media.  Lamb, Juedy, Higgins and Reagor were the media darlings till midway through the college season.  Wentz was a late 1st rounder going into his last year in college.  The injury happened and he fell off the grid till he came back won the NC and shined at the combine.  The topic here is Jefferson, he wasn't really on the radar as a 1st round pick till Burrow exploded and people looked deeper into him towards the end of the season.  2 years ago, nobody remembered Murray was the #1 dual threat QB recruit out of his HS class going into the season and he went #1 overall after winning the Heisman.

Guys forget Chase we have JJAW

there's obviously a really clear problem between Doug and Carson. they can't give a straight answer on if the relationship is healthy.

3 minutes ago, AzBirdGang said:

Howie just said they are counting big time on JJAW and Reagor next year.... LOL

Already over next year. 

Translation: We will not be drafting a WR in the early rounds. (I am betting nothing before rd 4)

Just now, austinfan said:

When you see someone like Waller go in the 6th rd, get waived, then make all pro at TE, let's not write off JJAW quite yet!

I think it's hard to tell if it's talent or coaching, look at Agholor and Darby this season, what the f---?

Which is why I don't want Peddy back, I don't think player development is a strong suit for him, and it wasn't for Schwartz either.

Waller wanted to kill himself at one point and was an alcoholic. He has an incredible story. JJAW is nothing like him.

9 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I take offense to that.  I_P and I were the Jefferson bandwagon.  I liked Jefferson more than Lamb.  That said, Jefferson was probably the second most NFL ready WR.  

Reagor had thumb surgery and lost part of camp with a shoulder that may need surgery this offseason.  That shoulder may have impacted his reach.  I still have concerns about him taking plays off. He isn’t as developed as Jefferson but I still saw him as round 1 worthy.  Just like I am not closing the book on Hightower and Watkins, I am not giving up on Reagor either.

My biggest concern with Reagor coming into the draft was that Daniel Jerimiah the months leading up to the draft talked about him taking plays off. That was super concerning. He talked about it in his podcast and he talked about it on Philadelphia sports radio. To me his athleticism and speed was fine. That didn’t concern me as much as taking plays off. When Jeremiah put that out there i didn’t think you should make that move at 21. knowing we were in a pandemic where there was likely not going to be an off-season that you were going to ask him to be a major contributor from day one and we knew he wasn’t nearly as polished as jeudy, jefferson and lamb was a mistake  

To me the thing the Eagles didn’t account for in the pic at 21 what is the value of that pic with Justin Jefferson still on the board. Even if you didn’t like Justin Jefferson you had to know there were plenty of other teams who considered him as a top three wide receiver in this draft. There was growing speculation that he might not even make it out of the top 15 of the draft prior to the draft. So to me the Eagles have value in the 21st pick and decided just to take a guy they liked instead of maximizing the value of that pick by trading out and getting a more picks which they desperately needed. 

2 minutes ago, AzBirdGang said:

He said that he will be counted on next year. Not making that up.

Lurie is accountable for letting Howie ruin this franchise

Just now, Ipiggles said:

Translation: We will not be drafting a WR in the early rounds. (I am betting nothing before rd 4)

You are probably right. So we pass on Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase because we selected Reagor and JJAW.

Unacceptable. Just so dumb. Fans should be pissed.

Honestly the idiot is Lurie at this point.

7 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Not prior to the combine, they didn't.   Lamb and Jeudy were the only two consensus top receivers prior to the combine.  There was debate among the rest.  

As in any year but most didn’t have a first round grade on Reagor.

Howie overthought it again. Taking a player for his skill set instead of taking the better prospect.

There's so many problems that need to be asked about that I'm actually worried they don't get to the cap lol

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You just picked 4 dates in April.  Going into the season he was coming off an amazing year and thought of very highly with his ability to develop.  His last year in college dropped him and by the time all was said and done going into the draft, as you said he was the #8 WR.  It's ok for us to both be wrong and right at the same time you know? 

If they okay Howie for the rebuild it buys him so much more time here. 😕

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

There's so many problems that need to be asked about that I'm actually worried they don't get to the cap lol

It sure doesn't feel like they are going to talk about it at all.

That's 4 mentions of the Covid pandemic, even though he says it isn't an excuse.  You bringing it up is still using it as a reason.

9 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wonder what the odds are that they were talking about what an ish show the organization has become? 

1 minute ago, Wentz_Era said:

You just picked 4 dates in April.  Going into the season he was coming off an amazing year and thought of very highly with his ability to develop.  His last year in college dropped him and by the time all was said and done going into the draft, as you said he was the #8 WR.  It's ok for us to both be wrong and right at the same time you know? 

This. 

And the combine dropped him even more.  There were scouting reports comparing him to Tyreek Hill during/after his sophomore year. 

Archived