EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

I mean Im not sure what else these guys are supposed to say right now.  Theyre saying the right things.

I dont mind Lurie erring on the side of continuity, but hes gotta straighten this out.  

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AzBirdGang said:

You are probably right. So we pass on Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase because we selected Reagor and JJAW.

Unacceptable. Just so dumb. Fans should be pissed.

I am beyond pissed,  think back, JMATT, AGholor, JJAW, Reagor.  this team sucks at drafting WR's. Period.  It's not from not trying, it's from sucking at the ability to do so. 

Also: They do not draft skill position players in the top 10, they will draft only QB, OL and DL positions that high. 

It's very clear this is how they draft. for the past 24  years this is true. Fans holding out hope that they will draft a skill position player in the top 10 are just kidding yourself. Knowing how they draft, they would be better served to trade back to somewhere between 9-12, and pick up a pick, and still draft your OL or DL player. 

They also never take LB's in the 1st rd, likely wont take a DB in the 1st rd either. RB? wont spend a 1st on a RB. 

FWIW, 

- Daniel Jeremiah didn’t have Reagor in his top 50. Shenault, Higgins, and Hamler did make the list.

- ESPN had Reagor 51st.

- CBS had Reagor 21st.

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Lol it's funny as hell that all the questions are to Howie

Probably because they didn’t have access to him since the offseason 

Just now, SBorBust said:

FWIW, 

- Daniel Jeremiah did my have Reagor in his top 50. Shenault, Higgins, and Hamler did make the list.

- ESPN had Reagor 51st.

I still like shenault. Wouldn’t taken him at 21 once he had the hernia surgery. Loved if he would’ve fell to 53 though. I think he and chark both have better years next year when they draft Trevor Lawrence. 

10 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

You just picked 4 dates in April.  Going into the season he was coming off an amazing year and thought of very highly with his ability to develop.  His last year in college dropped him and by the time all was said and done going into the draft, as you said he was the #8 WR.  It's ok for us to both be wrong and right at the same time you know? 

Dude, I follow the draft like a fiend.  I look at the rankings daily.  JALEN REAGOR WAS NEVER A TOP 5 WR PROSPECT.

4 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

FWIW, 

- Daniel Jeremiah didn’t have Reagor in his top 50. Shenault, Higgins, and Hamler did make the list.

- ESPN had Reagor 51st.

27 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Most sites had a second round grade on him and didn’t break their top 5 receiver rankings. 

I had a 2nd round grade on him but picked him in the EMB mock because I knew the Eagles were high on him.

Like you, my man crush was Jefferson months before the season came to a close. We were right! The kid is a future HOF-er if he keeps it up.

As for Reagor, most sites had Jeudy, Lamp, Ruggs, Jefferson, Higgins, Aiyuk, Claypool and Shenault ahead of him.

@Wentz_Era

1 minute ago, SBorBust said:

Hamler did make the list.

I'm a Penn State alumni and big fan of Hamler but anyone who had Hamler ahead of Reagor was really off, imo  Hamler is basically Reagor but 25 lbs lighter and not nearly as strong.

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol it's funny as hell that all the questions are to Howie

I don't think he's been available all season to talk to the media. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Probably because they didn’t have access to him since the offseason 

Yea, he’s only available to the media like 3 times all year, this being one of them. Meanwhile Doug is 4 times per week. Of course all the questions will be for Howie.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea, he’s only available to the media like 3 times all year, this being one of them. Meanwhile Doug is 4 times per week. Of course all the questions will be for Howie.

Yeah it’s pretty common logic they mostly would be for him. Not only that doug last offseason made comments guys were coming back and then weren’t so why bother asking him important questions about the offseason and going forward 

Well that was depressing in more ways than 1.

-Howie and DP are coming back.

-Howie referenced the past too much and how they've had success.  IMO, none of that matters given the current state of the team.

-No hardball questions defending moves like bringing Alshon back.

-DP walked around the tank question but I don't care.  

I hate Howie so much.

8 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

I am beyond pissed,  think back, JMATT, AGholor, JJAW, Reagor.  this team sucks at drafting WR's. Period.  It's not from not trying, it's from sucking at the ability to do so. 

Also: They do not draft skill position players in the top 10, they will draft only QB, OL and DL positions that high. 

It's very clear this is how they draft. for the past 24  years this is true. Fans holding out hope that they will draft a skill position player in the top 10 are just kidding yourself. Knowing how they draft, they would be better served to trade back to somewhere between 9-12, and pick up a pick, and still draft your OL or DL player. 

They also never take LB's in the 1st rd, likely wont take a DB in the 1st rd either. RB? wont spend a 1st on a RB. 

I'm pissed as well. Remember the historic running back draft and we traded up for Pumphrey! Pumphrey, Jmatt, Huff, Jjaw, Reagor. 

It is a joke. If we pass on Chase/Smith because of Reagor and JJAW.... They are on completely different levels of talents

1 minute ago, Ace Nova said:

We do need a kicker with a huge leg. Maybe that's what Howie means.

1 minute ago, AzBirdGang said:

I'm pissed as well. Remember the historic running back draft and we traded up for Pumphrey! Pumphrey, Jmatt, Huff, Jjaw, Reagor. 

It is a joke. If we pass on Chase/Smith because of Reagor and JJAW.... They are on completely different levels of talents

The fact they talk about JJAW being an intricate part of this team is amazing. He did absolutely nothing all season until last night in a meaningless game. Hightower and Watkins were more productive and relied upon more than JJAW. If he couldn’t get on the field until a meaningless game ans the eagles feel like he should be counted on for next year then they all are either lying or need to be canned. 

34 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I'm good with that.  Put him in the Trey Burton role.  

This team tries dumb crap all the time. Cut him. 

I found the Howie/Doug pc disappointing, a big nothing burger. The real culprits for the 4-11-1 will still be around. Somehow we the fans are supposed to be convinced that next season can bring us different results. The one guy I've ALWAYS defended was Jeffrey Lurie. I think he's making a big mistake keeping these guys without any condition. Assuming next season will be full admission, fans are going to demand results or we'll begin to see a real dropoff of interest.

Archived