Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

2 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

No one has to pay for it.

demanding heroic efforts is childish. Thats the entitlement mindset we need to break.

Well, it’s not really childish, right, or wrong... it’s just the way it is.  It’s the culture here.  
 

Pros and cons to both extremes.  Defining heroic efforts and knowing where to draw the line is not easy.  

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Yeah it’s called socialize your losses

Somehow you are even worse at economics than draft scouting 

57 minutes ago, RLC said:

His sources are the same as ours (common sense). 

Historically, common sense has been a horrible source for insider info on eagles drafts.  Probably should throw anything from that source out the window.

57 minutes ago, RLC said:

His sources are the same as ours (common sense). 

 

 

I'm hearing that Derrick Gunn's sources are also stating that there will either be rain or no rain tomorrow.  

8 minutes ago, RLC said:

If the 1st round ends with the Eagles getting Devonta Smith + 2022 1st rounder, that's not a bad outcome.

We’ll see. Doesn’t mean he couldn’t have done better and take Chase or Waddle + 2022 1st rounder. 

28 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Yes, when the people destroy those on top. Because if the majority are ill-served by the system, why not hang those on top - if you're already living in misery, tear the whole system down!

Bismark created the social welfare system, that wild-eyed radical! Because he was a conservative.

Considering your reliance on the welfare i wouldnt crow too loud

the point is to destroy whatis inefficient and outdated. Not about top or bottom its about change for everyone. Its evolution

the new deal etc are akin to howie style cap management. Keep kicking the can trying to maintain the status quo instead of admitting that Peters was broken down years ago

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Well, it’s not really childish, right, or wrong...it’s the way it’s just the way it is.  It’s the culture here.  
 

Pros and cons to both extremes.  Defining heroic efforts and knowing where to draw the line is not easy.  

It is childish. Its entitled mixed with fear. A brat for all intents and purposes. Stomping its feet and holding its breath to get what it wants right now. 
 

it was the whole point of a representative govt bc the founders understood that the mob is ignorant and makes bad decisions

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Historically, common sense has been a horrible source for insider info on eagles drafts.  Probably should throw anything from that source out the window.

It is pretty pathetic that the blog could have drafted better than howie for quite a while now

6 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Somehow you are even worse at economics than draft scouting 

And I think you just offer a opinion on everything , just to have one , because you constantly talk out your a$$ 

54 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

The New Deal was the worst legislation ever. Sadly many never learned that lesson. Capitalism is supposed to have periods of destruction 

That may be the stupidest thing you have ever said.  For the first point, the New Deal wasn’t a single piece of legislation.  For the second, it started the US on the way to recovery and in the process made retirement assessable to the masses while opening up the job market because of retirement.  There was basically no pensions for most Americans prior to 1946.  Parts like the WPA created the infrastructure of our nation and demonstrated how Federal and local governments could work together for the common good.  The RFC was a blueprint for saving companies and employment that helped build our economic base.  Have you ever studied anything about history.  

17 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

It wasn't a joke and I don't look down on anyone.  

Just saying that the economic stimulus was not your money.  The government borrowed it from our children's (or more accurately our grandchildren's) future to prop up the economy now.   And the government did that for (gasp) the common good.  Your money was spent long ago (and continues to be spent) on weapons of war and giving tax breaks to multinationals and billionaires instead of investing in the education, health and general welfare of our population.        

Just thought it was funny that all these people are screaming about socialism and they have no idea what it actually means.  There are so many examples of where socialism has long existed in the USA including police, firefighters, roads, public schools, the military etc.     

Since we have been talking about Harry Truman, here is a good quote of his:  

"Socialism is a scare word they have hurled at every advance the people have made in the last 20 years....Socialism is there name for almost anything that helps ALL the people."  October 10, 1952

More accurately, the Federal government sold treasuries to the Federal Reserve in exchange for dollars printed out of thin air. This debt will never reach the open market, so no one's children will actually pay it back. Instead, this new money will be spent by recipients on consumer goods, rent, etc. and find its way back into assets, squeezing out lower and middle class people from affording to buy a home, driving up the cost of commodities, and making asset holders (ie rich people) a whole lot richer.

There's a saying in economics: there is no free lunch.

What we are engaged in is incredibly myopic and destructive. It isn't going to end well for the very people it's designed to help. You can't just print money and throw it from a helicopter without consequence.

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

That may be the stupidest thing you have ever said.  For the first point, the New Deal wasn’t a single piece of legislation.  For the second, it started the US on the way to recovery and in the process made retirement assessable to the masses while opening up the job market because of retirement.  There was basically no pensions for most Americans prior to 1946.  Parts like the WPA created the infrastructure of our nation and demonstrated how Federal and local governments could work together for the common good.  The RFC was a blueprint for saving companies and employment that helped build our economic base.  Have you ever studied anything about history.  

Stupidest thing he has ever said ,that is saying something , because he has said plenty of stupid things .

What is a possible nightmare scenario for the Eagles targeting CB or WR at 12?

 

1. Jaguars - Lawrence

2. Jets - Wilson

3. 49ers - Jones

4. Falcons - Pitts

5. Bengals - Chase

6. Dolphins - Waddle

7. Lions - Smith

8. Panthers - Sustain

9. Broncos - Lance

10. Cowboys - Horn

11. Giants - Sewell

 

 

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

That may be the stupidest thing you have ever said.  For the first point, the New Deal wasn’t a single piece of legislation.  For the second, it started the US on the way to recovery and in the process made retirement assessable to the masses while opening up the job market because of retirement.  There was basically no pensions for most Americans prior to 1946.  Parts like the WPA created the infrastructure of our nation and demonstrated how Federal and local governments could work together for the common good.  The RFC was a blueprint for saving companies and employment that helped build our economic base.  Have you ever studied anything about history.  

Yup plenty and thats a naive romanticized version of it. But i know you believe in and participate in the institutions. I do not and would never waste my valuable time in them. It started us down the debt hole and fed the moronic view that the govt served to provide a standard of living. Just look at the mess retirement has become now...with people shirking personal responsibility and thinking they are entitled to it

we would have recovered without all that, probably at a slower rate, but more sustainable. 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

What is a possible nightmare scenario for the Eagles targeting CB or WR at 12?

 

1. Jaguars - Lawrence

2. Jets - Wilson

3. 49ers - Jones

4. Falcons - Pitts

5. Bengals - Chase

6. Dolphins - Waddle

7. Lions - Smith

8. Panthers - Sustain

9. Broncos - Lance

10. Cowboys - Horn

11. Giants - Sewell

 

 

At that point its trade down or add Fields to the QB FACTORY!!!!!

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

What is a possible nightmare scenario for the Eagles targeting CB or WR at 12?

 

1. Jaguars - Lawrence

2. Jets - Wilson

3. 49ers - Jones

4. Falcons - Pitts

5. Bengals - Chase

6. Dolphins - Waddle

7. Lions - Smith

8. Panthers - Sustain

9. Broncos - Lance

10. Cowboys - Horn

11. Giants - Sewell

 

 

Slater BPA

34 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

 

Hahaha tell that to our grandparents.  They were happy that the New Deal pulled our country out of the crap hole and they didn't have to stand in food lines anymore.  My grandparents loved FDR.  And, I'm almost a 100% certain you wouldn't be singing the same tune if you had to stand in those food lines...

Anyways back to football...I want Slater, Surtain, Horn or Parsons at 12.  

Thats the whole point. Govt is vulnerable to human nature which is short sighted, emotional and stupid. Its why the founders smartly sought to restrain it at almost every turn.

we would be better off without those moves then, just we should have let the banks go under in 08. Short term disruption is better than a festering systemic risk

1 hour ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I’m trying to figure out this J&J vaccine, which is one shot deal but 66% effective (it could have other logistical benefits like easier storage, idk). Meanwhile, I got moderna which is like 90% effective after the first shot and 96% after the second. Why did the government even prioritize the 2nd shot - it seems like it was just a booster, which could have been distributed as a 1st shot...

I guess we’ll be swimming in vaccine soon, but I would like to avoid sleeping off another moderna shot in 6 months.

 

My friend got the J&J the other day and had a similar reaction to what I had. It seems to hit everyone different. I think the Moderna second shot seems to be the worst as far as side effects. Something like 75% of people have felt something after the second one. 

3 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

That may be the stupidest thing you have ever said.  For the first point, the New Deal wasn’t a single piece of legislation.  For the second, it started the US on the way to recovery and in the process made retirement assessable to the masses while opening up the job market because of retirement.  There was basically no pensions for most Americans prior to 1946.  Parts like the WPA created the infrastructure of our nation and demonstrated how Federal and local governments could work together for the common good.  The RFC was a blueprint for saving companies and employment that helped build our economic base.  Have you ever studied anything about history.  

You might want to hold off on calling other people stupid and asking if other people have studied history when so much of what you said is factually false.

The New Deal had nothing, at all, to do with "the recovery." We have actual data on this.  The US didn't recover from 1929 for over a decade. UE was still in the high teens through the entire decade of the 1930's. There were multiple recessions within the 1930's. It accomplished virtually nothing in terms of a recovery. Not opinion. Fact. Data.

What started the recovery is what almost always, historically, causes the recovery from a super cyclical depression: war.

We went to war, that employed every man in the country, we destroyed the industrial capacity of basically the entire planet, and we were left as the sole productive center for the rest world. We then grabbed global currency reserve status, lent money to all of Europe to buy our goods from us, and that series of events actually caused the recovery and created the conditions for the halcyon days of the 1950's.

If you want to argue that The New Deal prevented something like the The Business Plot or our own version of an October Revolution, maybe there is some merit to that, but simply put The New Deal did not lead to a recovery at all.

14 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Slater BPA

Parsons

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Parsons

I could dig that.  If you draft him at 12, he needs to be a helluva blitzer. Hear he is pretty good in coverage too so that is a big plus.  As long as you think his character concerns won't keep him off the field (i.e. in jail or suspended)

If a defensive player can't routinely terrorize the QB as a double digit sack threat or reliably shut down a top WR, then I'm not sure they are worth a massive investment.

I'd much rather take that investment and make the defense a more uniformly solid group of 11 starters who will hold their own without weak links.

1 hour ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I’m trying to figure out this J&J vaccine, which is one shot deal but 66% effective (it could have other logistical benefits like easier storage, idk). Meanwhile, I got moderna which is like 90% effective after the first shot and 96% after the second. Why did the government even prioritize the 2nd shot - it seems like it was just a booster, which could have been distributed as a 1st shot...

I guess we’ll be swimming in vaccine soon, but I would like to avoid sleeping off another moderna shot in 6 months.

 

I was told the Moderna, which is what I got, is 50-60% after the 1st.  Then 90-95% after the 2nd.

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

image.thumb.png.32721e534f744da057af8326962bad0b.png

Liked your approach as I never took Parsons 1st. Not a huge fan of Fehoko so it changes after St. Juste for better or worse:

694867F0-B7B4-40CE-BDA4-837ECD1A712A.png

39 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Yup plenty and thats a naive romanticized version of it. But i know you believe in and participate in the institutions. I do not and would never waste my valuable time in them. It started us down the debt hole and fed the moronic view that the govt served to provide a standard of living. Just look at the mess retirement has become now...with people shirking personal responsibility and thinking they are entitled to it

we would have recovered without all that, probably at a slower rate, but more sustainable. 

Naive, romanticized version?  Who the f do you think you are talking with?  I have a BA in history and worked towards a Masters until I thought I needed to get a professional job (At which I was pretty damn successful).  I read histories as recreation. That is why I engaged in the discussion about use of the atom bomb as I alway enjoy historical discussion with JR, AFan and NCIggles.    I try to read divergent opinions in history because all historians have a bias.  What the f is your background to call me naive?  

You **** about social security taxes and Medicare taxes.  I invested in those with the anticipation that the programs would be available to me.  Unlike you, I have no issue with social programs.  WTF did you think the Homestead Act was?  or the General Railroad Right of Way Act, for that matter.  You think public support started with the New Deal? BTW, I recognize my ancestors benefited from both of those. 

 I believe in governments’ role in the collective good. Does that mean that sometimes programs I don’t support get funded?  Yes, but we all have a voice (mob), in this republic. 

I believe in Social Security and Medicare.  I paid into both during my years of employment and expect a return on such. You chose to opt out.  Well, don’t look to Medicaid if catastrophe hits.  Yes, I believe in grants to research in the sciences that lead to things like mRNA that will result in my upcoming vaccine against Covid. Frankly, I would pay a lot for the vaccine but am happy the ability to pay doesn’t restrict the ability to get the vaccine. 

Yes, it is about bloody time that our Highway taxes (on liquid fuels) go to some f’in infrastructure in this country instead of a promise of an "infrastructure " week so that we can repair or replace some of the infrastructure my grandfather helped build through the WPA as a roads chief that helped him retain the family farm.  I support the GI Bill, that helped my dad get his MS and his first mortgage.  

You apparently don’t eat, don’t drive, don’t drink water, breathe air, don’t need police or fire protection, schools etc. so you’re so f’in self reliant that you need no cooperation from other citizens. 

I try really hard not to attack others in the Blog but f if you think you can call me naive and having a romanticized understanding of our history.  

Off topic , but as big a Davis Mills fan as I am , I also really like Feliepe Franks , another QB who would benefit by red  shirting year one. He has the athletic ability , size , live arm , accurate passer , legs to pick up yards if things break down , small strike from me , because of his age , 23  but they can play to 35 now the way the rules protect them

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.