Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

5 minutes ago, thedanone82 said:

I've ignore the rest of the political crap but this is the dumbest post of all time....that was my(and every taxpayers) money to start with. Only socialist part is the people who got money that didn't pay any taxes. God people are stupid.

One of the best from Fawlty Towers 

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Didn’t show that much at UH.  I like him but looks like he may be over drafted 

Big athletic guy who can move around the line  , probably a early 3rd late 2nd , one of my top 5 pass rushers 

25 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Here's an article with data not opinions on how much US spends on medical liability.

https://truecostofhealthcare.org/malpractice/

Here's an article on discretionary spending.

https://prospect.org/economy/tax-dollars-really-go/

And here's one that shows federal taxes by cent / dollar for each tax payer from 2018

https://www.nationalpriorities.org/analysis/2019/tax-day-2019/where-your-tax-dollar-was-spent-2018/

US is wasteful , spends to appease lobbyists 

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

Yeah, no question the goal was to invest and get Japan stable. I just don't think that plan was the Marshal plan but I could be wrong. 

You're not wrong. I didn't mean to suggest you were. The support for Japan was not part of the Marshall Plan is all I wanted to say but received help for the same period and purpose.

25 minutes ago, RLC said:

This might be the dumbest comment in this entire draft cycle.

JULIO JONES WASN'T EVEN THE BEST WR PROSPECT IN HIS OWN DRAFT CLASS.

Who was ??  And it wasn't AJ Green

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

So many painful memories from that team.

Bucs NFCCG

Panthers NFCCG

Cardinals NFCCG

Super Bowl 39

All games that could have and should have been won by the Eagles.

Honestly the SB loss vs the Pats was a game I didnt think we'd win.  

We were 13-3 that season if I remember correctly and the Pats were the best team we faced all year.  Add in the TO injury and that didnt help either.  I know he played but wasnt the same.

The others I agree we should have won.

55 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Uninformed opinions do not make data. Thats just perception of the ignorant masses

the liabilities of Medicare dwarf the military

the military is an actual Function of govt and like it or not we are the world police. The welfare state is not paying for a service...its pay for nothing. 

I'm going to amend my statements because I think I better understand  where you are coming from 

The US spends the most in the world in healthcare even though we have worse health outcomes than countries that spend far less but that s beside the point .

The US also spends the most on military  more than the next ten countries combined though to your point we spend more on healthcare as tax payers than we do military.

Military is second to what we spend on health care so I was wrong in my assertion that military is largest socially funded program in the world apparently US health care is.

Having said that I think the millions of people on medicare or government funded healthcare including active and inactive military and children would disagree that we pay for nothing.

Both are socially funded both serve a purpose and one can argue the value of each which is again beside the point.

The point I meant to make is for all the people that whine about socialism many if them are ardent supporters of the military a social program that is the 2nd largest socially funded program in the world.

One can argue that the military isnt a social program that it's a public service in that case so is healthcare no?

 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I take Zyrtec and local honey everyday, 12 months out of the year.  And it is still affecting me.  But nowhere near as bad as it could be.  My eyes are really dry.  Deck is yellow.  Basset hounds ears are also yellow.  

I hear you on that. We are painted yellow here. Really need a good rain to wash things out. The oak trees that hang over the shore line on the lake have created the thickest yellow tide we've seen in years.

 
 
Jim Nagy
 
@JimNagy_SB
· 1h

Official results for @UHCougarFB pro-day: WR Marquez Stevenson

HT 5101

WT 180

Hand 8 5/8

Arm 31

Wing 74 7/8

40-yd 4.48/4.51 

VJ 33.0

BJ 10-2

SS 4.14 m

3C 6.76

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

Yeah, no question the goal was to invest and get Japan stable. I just don't think that plan was the Marshal plan but I could be wrong. 

It was pretty close in design. 

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I take Zyrtec and local honey everyday, 12 months out of the year.  And it is still affecting me.  But nowhere near as bad as it could be.  My eyes are really dry.  Deck is yellow.  Basset hounds ears are also yellow.  

allergies never bothered me till i got 50 then everytime i cut the lawn i would get burning eyes and a slight fever. doc gave me these huge clartin pills and it would wire me out so i couldn't sleep , so now i just take a shower after the lawn and a cap full of children's benadryl and i'm good

10 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

US is wasteful , spends to appease lobbyists 

Yup

1 hour ago, eglz1 said:

You got that in 2010 ......... didn't You? All the promises and praises .... My health insurance premiums tripled as a result of "affordable health care". No exaggeration at all.

Actually, they didn’t. ACA limits profits for insurers. What raised your rates were the increase in loss costs the insurers had to pay.  Those increases?  Out of control medical inflation, which way outpaced normal inflation.  Combination of things drove that medical inflation, so don’t just blame it on the medical providers.  

4 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

allergies never bothered me till i got 50 then everytime i cut the lawn i would get burning eyes and a slight fever. doc gave me these huge clartin pills and it would wire me out so i couldn't sleep , so now i just take a shower after the lawn and a cap full of children's benadryl and i'm good

My wife just turned 40 and got allergy tested and apparently she is allergic to everything, dogs cats dairy eggs wheat 50 different grasses where as when she was younger she wasn't allergic to much.

Weird stuff. 

I'm still not allergic to hardly anything, just lucky I guess.

Mmmm... Benadryl...

5 hours ago, Infam said:

I think the biggest argument for the bomb is that the axis was working on one too. So there was a big incentive to end the war before they reach that goal.

The British, among others, put a lot of sustained effort in from the early 1940s to the end of the war in Europe, into stopping the NSDAPs enriching enough Uranium in places like Norway to have a Nuclear sustainable program.  That was a big reason why the NSDAPs struggled to keep up with the Americans on development of those weapons.

23 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Big athletic guy who can move around the line  , probably a early 3rd late 2nd , one of my top 5 pass rushers 

Lacks technique and not as solid in his bend as I would like.  Cannot get a bigger UH fan than me.  

49 minutes ago, RLC said:

This might be the dumbest comment in this entire draft cycle.

JULIO JONES WASN'T EVEN THE BEST WR PROSPECT IN HIS OWN DRAFT CLASS.

I think he was - who do you think it was - AJ Green?

Marquez Stevenson at 4.47 is surprising.  Always looks like the fastest player on the field. 

are the eagles serious about D watson?

2 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

are the eagles serious about D watson?

You know they are. We're itching for watson.

I sure hope not, they'll give up the farm and farm house to get him, and set the birds back for several more years, plus how can they even consider him til this stuff with all these women is taken care of, or he goes to jail

13 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Lacks technique and not as solid in his bend as I would like.  Cannot get a bigger UH fan than me.  

He can beat you with speed  or strength quite a few pass rush moves , gave some LTs fits , best part he can work across the line

crazy length , I love what he has to offer  

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

 

I think doctor's should only get paid on contingencies.  You don't get better we don't get paid.  

Then who is going to take care of terminal cancer patients or patients who aren’t expected to do well?  

7 hours ago, NCiggles said:

My point in the comparison is that there was a lot of tape on his games and an athletic profile that compared favorably to other successful LTs.  I wasn't really comparing the value but the Eagles did invest a 1st for Jason Peters. I think I can excuse them not working out Dillard.  I am not sure a work out would have changed the pick.  I also think an interview wouldn't have ferreted out any issues necessarily but you would think better foresight would have led them to have him on their radar.  I do think there's probably a scouting issue if his negatives weren't known.  I am unsure if his negatives would have taken him off their board.  

Yes, they traded a first round pick for a 26 year proven commodity LT... Dillard by comparison was a relative unknown 24 year old rookie.

Vastly different there as well.  The draft is far from a scientific process with tons of variables.  And frankly, you don't trade up in Round 1 for players that you didn't target before the draft started.

 

I agree his negatives might not have taken him off the board, but then again, it might have kept them from trading up for him.  Once again, this isn't about the move... its about the process.  The Eagles don't have a good process.  And that was what I was hoping would change with a complete and total overhaul.  But, alas, they brought back the chief architect of the bad process.  And somehow I am supposed to believe that with the same process, the end results will change over the rapid fall from the mountaintop?  

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.