Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

41 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Understanding is easy

compassion has to be earned

the problem here, like with afan, is a hypothesis driven approach leading to confirmation bias. The data say your core beliefs are faulty

I bet you're great with kids😒

My favorite part in the new testament is when Jesus Said, Compassion has to be earned...🤔 Or maybe it was budahh or mohammed that said that

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Is the difference in talent between #26 and 37 in this draft enough to justify burning your #84 pick?

Not saying it can’t or won’t happen, but there would have to be a top 15 prospect on their board unexpectedly sitting there to make that move worthwhile 

I would argue not

84 should net a quality player we need

25 minutes ago, justrelax said:

If understanding was easy you would not comment as you did about the New Deal.  

I would say the same to you.

misery is part of the human condition and transient. To be overcome...or not

What is demanded is a long term perspective and principles din the face of said demands from the ignorant masses

 

11 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I bet you're great with kids😒

My favorite part in the new testament is when Jesus Said, Compassion has to be earned...🤔 Or maybe it was budahh or mohammed that said that

No legislating morality, right?

14 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I bet you're great with kids😒

My favorite part in the new testament is when Jesus Said, Compassion has to be earned...🤔 Or maybe it was budahh or mohammed that said that

I get very high marks as a coach. But dont ask me to baby them. Grown ass adults expecting the govt to baby them should be humiliated by their worthless existence

8 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I would argue not

84 should net a quality player we need

 

Since Howie has been GM he has drafted just one player in the 3rd round that the Eagles would go onto extend, Isaac Seumalo.  He has had more misses than hits in the 3rd.  3rd is a valuable pick no doubt but it's a lower value than the first for a reason. Eagles would still have their much higher 3rd round pick at 70.  If Eagles make two first round picks that's two guys that project to be instant impact players and starters going forward for sure after their rookie years. I think their is better value in building the team going forward in adding two first round talents and a one 3rd round talent as opposed to one first round talent and two 3rd round talents. 

There should be an LB or OL at 84 that we need

17 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I would say the same to you.

misery is part of the human condition and transient. To be overcome...or not

What is demanded is a long term perspective and principles din the face of said demands from the ignorant masses

 

How elegant of you to take the long view when a third of the country is unemployed and their children are starving. And how elevated you are above the ignorant masses.

11 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I get very high marks as a coach. But dont ask me to baby them. Grown ass adults expecting the govt to baby them should be humiliated by their worthless existence

Yes I agree,we should have people build their own roads, dig their own wells, deliver their own mail be their own fire and police departments military and educators, because I'm sure everything you have you've accomplished in your own without the help of everyone else especially the enabling government right???

Stupid collectivist and their stupid public roads what a bunch of lazy babies😒

Alright, I normally enjoy taking part in the blog tearing itself apart, but for some reason, I find this latest brawl to be boring.

If the football talk is slow (at the moment, it is), then let's find a more productive and uniting off topic discussion.  How about a blog fitness challenge?  I realize everyone here is 6'5" with a six-pack and drives a Maserati (kudos to anyone who recognizes the random country song), but for the rest of us, it may be quite productive.

We've got some gurus in that area here.  Be honest about your starting point, I will 😅

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yes I agree,we should have people build their own roads, dig their own wells, deliver their own mail be their own fire and police departments military and educators, because I'm sure everything you have you've accomplished in your own without the help of everyone else especially the enabling government right???

Stupid collectivist and their stupid public roads what a bunch of lazy babies😒

Again its not that i promote anarchy. That is your weak minded strawman

govt has certain purposes. But there has to be an roi on investment and services should be paid for by the people that use them. All for toll roads. Keep gas taxes for roads. But thats not what humans tend to do. Bc they are weak minded...like you 

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Alright, I normally enjoy taking part in the blog tearing itself apart, but for some reason, I find this latest brawl to be boring.

If the football talk is slow (at the moment, it is), then let's find a more productive and uniting off topic discussion.  How about a blog fitness challenge?  I realize everyone here is 6'5" with a six-pack and drives a Maserati (kudos to anyone who recognizes the random country song), but for the rest of us, it may be quite productive.

We've got some gurus in that area here.  Be honest about your starting point, I will 😅

@mattmcginley7

I fundamentally believe in incentivizing productivity and having the government take as little from me as possible.  I don't really care what I get from them...but if I were less fortunate, I'm sure I would.  Then again, I still use highways, rely on police and fire depts, etc, etc, etc.  I also don't enjoy leaving people in poverty and suffering.  

I would assume those points are universal...it's just a debate as to exactly where to place that needle.  And that's a debate that is just tired right now.  No one is going to convince anyone to move that needle here.  

5 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Again its not that i promote anarchy. That is your weak minded strawman

govt has certain purposes. But there has to be an roi on investment and services should be paid for by the people that use them. All for toll roads. Keep gas taxes for roads. But thats not what humans tend to do. Bc they are weak minded...like you 

@mattmcginley7

Who hurt you?☹️

23 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Since Howie has been GM he has drafted just one player in the 3rd round that the Eagles would go onto extend, Isaac Seumalo.  He has had more misses than hits in the 3rd.  3rd is a valuable pick no doubt but it's a lower value than the first for a reason. Eagles would still have their much higher 3rd round pick at 70.  If Eagles make two first round picks that's two guys that project to be instant impact players and starters going forward for sure after their rookie years. I think their is better value in building the team going forward in adding two first round talents and a one 3rd round talent as opposed to one first round talent and two 3rd round talents. 

That's normal.

Conversion rate for the 3rd round is like 30%.

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I fundamentally believe in incentivizing productivity and having the government take as little from me as possible.  I don't really care what I get from them...but if I were less fortunate, I'm sure I would.  Then again, I still use highways, rely on police and fire depts, etc, etc, etc.  I also don't enjoy leaving people in poverty and suffering.  

I would assume those points are universal...it's just a debate as to exactly where to place that needle.  And that's a debate that is just tired right now.  No one is going to convince anyone to move that needle here.  

Human decency isn't really a debate in my mind, whether or not compassion is earned or not isn't a debate, that toast would equate compassion to weakness isnt a point of debate its a point sociopaths try to make.

7 hours ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

If the board falls in a way where Smith, Waddle, Surtain, Horn, Farley, and Parsons are all there, would you trade back a few spots?

5 QBs, Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, Chase, Pitts, and a reach would have to go for that to occur.

Raiders would be furtherest I would go (17) but would be very hesitant to just give up Horn.

Edit: Just saw a post about this earlier

I'm not in love with any of the prospects in this draft, so I'd definitely be willing to trade down about 3 spots. That would guarantee us at least one of the WRs or CBs.

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Human decency isn't really a debate in my mind, whether or not compassion is earned or not isn't a debate, that toast would equate compassion to weakness isnt a point of debate its a point sociopaths try to make.

A line can be crossed from conservative economics into the departure from human decency...and a line can be crossed from human decency into a lazy welfare state.  And the location of those lines can be debated.  But like I said, we all want some of our own possessions and earnings...and we all want human decency.  No point in tearing each other apart over the semantics.

28 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Since Howie has been GM he has drafted just one player in the 3rd round that the Eagles would go onto extend, Isaac Seumalo.  He has had more misses than hits in the 3rd.  3rd is a valuable pick no doubt but it's a lower value than the first for a reason. Eagles would still have their much higher 3rd round pick at 70.  If Eagles make two first round picks that's two guys that project to be instant impact players and starters going forward for sure after their rookie years. I think their is better value in building the team going forward in adding two first round talents and a one 3rd round talent as opposed to one first round talent and two 3rd round talents. 

And, you get that additional year option with a 1st rounder.  

I have a feeling that Howie is going to be aggressive this draft to get guys who can contribute quickly.  The heat is getting warm on his ass

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

A line can be crossed from conservative economics into the departure from human decency...and a line can be crossed from human decency into a lazy welfare state.  And the location of those lines can be debated.  But like I said, we all want some of our own possessions and earnings...and we all want human decency.  No point in tearing each other apart over the semantics.

Agreed, and a perfectly pragmatic capstone to this out-of-place discussion. Can we please go back to Eagles minutiae now?

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

A line can be crossed from conservative economics into the departure from human decency...and a line can be crossed from human decency into a lazy welfare state.  And the location of those lines can be debated.  But like I said, we all want some of our own possessions and earnings...and we all want human decency.  No point in tearing each other apart over the semantics.

Yes and no to a point but the no isn't necessary to  talk about on here

Fitness starting point?

Like what for instance? 

I'm no fitness guru I've never taken my shirt off for the blog but I'd like to think I'm not a total slob either.

I'd be interested in talking fitness and any tips the blog has to offer 

13 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Human decency isn't really a debate in my mind, whether or not compassion is earned or not isn't a debate, that toast would equate compassion to weakness isnt a point of debate its a point sociopaths try to make.

You have an opinion. Thats it. And likely a self serving one. All this is up for debate

10 minutes ago, TEW said:

I'm not in love with any of the prospects in this draft, so I'd definitely be willing to trade down about 3 spots. That would guarantee us at least one of the WRs or CBs.

I said early on that 12 was as far as i was willing to go. I dont want to move down further

2001 nba final game 1 on nba tv

iverson gonna step over lue soon

At 12, gotta hope that we get a generational talent level player.  Of the available players who (according to mocks) may be available, I see that potential in Horn, Parsons, Waddle and Slater.  When you watch their tapes, you just see domination and their talent is clearly above the rest of the players on the field.  If we can't get one of those types of guys at 12, then move back. 

46 minutes ago, TEW said:

That's normal.

Conversion rate for the 3rd round is like 30%.

 

Exactly, so I wouldn't be hesitant on giving one of our two thirds up if it means being able to get back I to the first round around the mid 20s.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.