Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

23 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Bolton? 

I think he goes rd 2

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Would you rather:

Smith or Waddle and Farley

or

Surtain or Horn and Bateman or Marshall Jr?

Id be fine with either

probably the first option

3 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

There’s a lot of guys I like on day 2 at CB. Both Georgia CBs, St. Juste, Joseph, both UCF CBs, Melifonwu, Tre Brown, Shakur Brown

They can't afford to mess up this year. I like a bunch of these guys as well I'm just not sure who the right one is. After Farley I do like Newsome but think he's gone before pick 37 as well...

8 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

No they dont

you are correct wrt our relative immaturity as a nation. Older nations have a far more practical and mature view of death. Americans still tend to fear it

No one has to pay for it or Americans don’t demand heroic measures?

 

6 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Would you rather:

Smith or Waddle and Farley

or

Surtain or Horn and Bateman or Marshall Jr?

Horn/Bateman or Marshall easily. I don’t know if either last to 37 though.

St Juste and Gowan for me 

Shemar Jean Charles later in draft , could be a steal 

7 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Would you rather:

Smith or Waddle and Farley

or

Surtain or Horn and Bateman or Marshall Jr?

I'm thinking Smith & Farley but it's extremely close. I do really like the Horn & Marshall combo too. 

3 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

St Juste and Gowan for me 

Shemar Jean Charles later in draft , could be a steal 

Gowan at 70 and St. Juste at 84 could be a nice fallback if we miss on the top 3.

Id be pretty happy with a Trill/Tay CB combo out of this draft, but every simulation I run, if Horn is there I cant pass. 

Id be interested in another small trade down where you can take Marshall or Bateman without feeling like a reach, so CB can be addressed later. Even if its just trading down to 15, Id be fine taking Marshall there. 

Ill be pumped for Horn if it were to happen. But I feel like with our new defense we can do well to address the position slightly later. 

13 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Would you rather:

Smith or Waddle and Farley

or

Surtain or Horn and Bateman or Marshall Jr?

 

 

1) Smith and Farley

2) Horn & Marshall Jr

3) Surtain & Marshall JR

4) Waddle & Farley

5) Horn & Bateman

6) Surtain & Bateman

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

No one has to pay for it or Americans don’t demand heroic measures?

 

No one has to pay for it.

demanding heroic efforts is childish. Thats the entitlement mindset we need to break.

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ill be pumped for Horn if it were to happen. But I feel like with our new defense we can do well to address the position slightly later. 

 

What about our new defense has you comfortable with addressing it later in the draft?

44 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

@hputenis bars at BWI already closed for the night. F man... going to have to slam $9 drinks on the plane 

Something just always feels right 30,000 feet in the air when you order a couple Jack airplane bottles.  Enjoy the trip to Ft Lauderdale!  I heard there's an insane Eagles bar down there that I've always wanted to visit.  I forget what it's called.  @LeanMeanGM might know.  

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

What about our new defense has you comfortable with addressing it later in the draft?

that more cover 2 means there will be more/better safety help rather than single high all the time. And that the CBs will play a lot more zone.

7 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Something just always feels right 30,000 feet in the air when you order a couple Jack airplane bottles.  Enjoy the trip to Ft Lauderdale!  I heard there's an insane Eagles bar down there that I've always wanted to visit.  I forget what it's called.  @LeanMeanGM might know.  

Partothead’s? Or something like that 

8 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Something just always feels right 30,000 feet in the air when you order a couple Jack airplane bottles.  Enjoy the trip to Ft Lauderdale!  I heard there's an insane Eagles bar down there that I've always wanted to visit.  I forget what it's called.  @LeanMeanGM might know.  

 

1 minute ago, uncphillyfan said:

Partothead’s? Or something like that 

It’s something like that. I was only there once when the Eagles won the NFCCG in 2005. I’m on the opposite coast so not really close for me. 

11 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Something just always feels right 30,000 feet in the air when you order a couple Jack airplane bottles.  Enjoy the trip to Ft Lauderdale!  I heard there's an insane Eagles bar down there that I've always wanted to visit.  I forget what it's called.  @LeanMeanGM might know.  

Good to know. I’m sure it’s an easy google search 

3 hours ago, Utebird said:

Here's an article with data not opinions on how much US spends on medical liability.

https://truecostofhealthcare.org/malpractice/

Here's an article on discretionary spending.

https://prospect.org/economy/tax-dollars-really-go/

And here's one that shows federal taxes by cent / dollar for each tax payer from 2018

https://www.nationalpriorities.org/analysis/2019/tax-day-2019/where-your-tax-dollar-was-spent-2018/

40 years pf voodoo economics = 16% of your tax dollar financing the national debt, scam ponzi scheme

image.thumb.png.32721e534f744da057af8326962bad0b.png

27 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

that more cover 2 means there will be more/better safety help rather than single high all the time. And that the CBs will play a lot more zone.

Actually, the CBs will probably be playing more man with deep help, if Gannon follows Zimmer/Eberlus.

Similar to Seattle with long CBs who press at the line (no more big cushions every play), so size and strength is more important than speed in CBs.

Sherman is a good example, big CB who ran 4.6 but had fluid hips and locked down WRs.

51 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Would you rather:

Smith or Waddle and Farley

or

Surtain or Horn and Bateman or Marshall Jr?

Second by a bunch 

3 hours ago, thedanone82 said:

I've ignore the rest of the political crap but this is the dumbest post of all time....that was my(and every taxpayers) money to start with. Only socialist part is the people who got money that didn't pay any taxes. God people are stupid.

God, you are stupid.  It was "government" stimulus.  It was spread around to everybody that qualified including those that didn't pay taxes as economic stimulus during an pandemic.  And your second to last sentence actually states that so....

Economic stimulus propped up our "capitalist" economy during the down turn.  If it wasn't for the stimulus and unemployment benefits this great "capitalist" country would be well in the midst of the great depression.  It was only massive deficit spending that has allowed the global economy to keep afloat.  So, keep telling yourself that you hate socialism or government intervention.  

8 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

image.thumb.png.32721e534f744da057af8326962bad0b.png

Would be great but no way Gowan lasts past 4th, probably even the 3rd

3 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Would be great but no way Gowan lasts past 4th, probably even the 3rd

I wouldn't be so sure about that.  PFF loves him but almost everyone else has him ranked as like a 6th rounder.  Brugler has him as a PFA.  Guy with the biggest spread among scouts I've seen this year.

3 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that.  PFF loves him but almost everyone else has him ranked as like a 6th rounder.  Brugler has him as a PFA.  Guy with the biggest spread among scouts I've seen this year.

He’s arguably a top 5 CB in the draft. Absolutely smothers WRs, has great instincts, and is physical. Good ball skills too.

That UCF secondary was stacked with Gowan, Robinson, and Grant

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.